3 police men 1BG

3 police men 1BG

This is a discussion on 3 police men 1BG within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey fellas, about 4 months ago we heard yelling outside our home, so I looked out and a couple were arguing.Well a police officer rolls ...

Thread: 3 police men 1BG

3 police men 1BG

Hey fellas, about 4 months ago we heard yelling outside our home, so I looked out and a couple were arguing.Well a police officer rolls up and was talking to the gentleman. The man they talked to is always in trouble in and out of prison.Next two more officers showed up one being a big county mounty.I could tell the perp was dirty by the way he was acting. They let him go back to his vehicle(which was dumb) and then it escalated.The police told him he was going to jail on a prev. warrent and he had just outran the police in a high speed chase.He refused and put up a fight.They tackled him down and warned him they were going to tase him, he throws a plastic baggie out in the street and the female looks around and steps on it. I saw the whole thing.The police tased him 4 times and he still fought and told the female to hide the dope.I ran outside knowing the police had thier hands full and told her to back off and I was wondering if the police were going to need help with him.I hung around watching her and to offer assistance till he was cuffed.I really thought about helping them but I had to watch her! Everthing worked out and I am glad those drugs were off the streets!
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

Just my $.02 but just how did the LEO's know you weren't going to help out the BG? Was the female armed and posing a threat to you or the LEO's. I think I'd have stayed in the house.
    --
    If I'm repeating myself, or repeating myself differently, it's probably 'cause of the brain cells I've murdered and the selective memory caused by concussions, contusions and confusions. Oh yeah, and that one night in Dallas.

NRA-Life Member
    ATA- Life Member
    --Guns? What guns?--

When I saw the drugs get thrown pretty much in my front yard, I yelled at her to move back.Maybe they heard me or saw me watching the whole thing.They had thier hands full. If I stayed in the house that woman would have gotten the drugs and that would have been one less charge that he got.I dont appreciate dopers throwing drugs in my yard. The female was not armed. Its all for the greater good.Maybe some people out there need to get more involved especially in small towns like mine. Small town huge meth problems.
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

Yelling at her - gtg. Getting in the middle of cops taking down someone, no matter your intent - very bad idea. They're trained, I'm guessing you're not, and you're not part of their team and will only serve as a distraction from the BG.

She woulda went to jail for obstruction and evidence tampering,I think you did OK the cops probably appreciated the xtra eyes and in most states it's ok to come to the aid of LEO,but make sure they want your help
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Nothing wrong with some 'extra eyes'...and you may need some in the back of your head for a while.

I'd be looking out for friends of that female druggie if she's a neighbor...I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I wasn't there in the midst of the incident as you were, but on it's surface, I think you did OK.

Like Duk said, in most States it is OK to come to the aid of LEO's, but I also agree... Just make sure they need your help.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Watching OK but best to let them ask before you go any further. Watching from a distance is a good idea though, the police need to watch enough people who are already involved.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

cj
    What?!?!? How un-American of you! Isn't the new fad to grab your video camera and record the whole thing, edit out any aggressiveness by the perp, sell it to a local TV station and call it abuse?

Thinking about it myself, I actually MIGHT have stayed inside but taken some choice photos of the situation and the woman (especially if she made off with the bag) and offered to be a good witness. I appreciate the police taking that type of responsibility, but I don't feel the need to get involved if they're doing ok (and 3:1 odds sound pretty ok).

Also, I don't particularly need people like that knowing that I'm 'against' them and exactly where I live. People tend to have a twisted sense of who's at fault, and I could easily see them deciding not that their own actions, or the police, were to blame, but the guy who lives in that house there that helped them is to blame. You're also the easiest target since the police tend to get upset when one of their own is harmed, while anything done to you is largely just another police investigation.

But, I wasn't there and didn't see the full situation, so I can't really say what I'd have done.

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    As a retired LEO...........I would shake you hand for the help.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    As a retired LEO...........I would shake you hand for the help.
    I would have helped out as well. I have seen all to many videos and heard first hand stories of officers that have needed assistance. They may be LEO, but at times they can still use the help of a concerned citizen..

Good job

Thanks guys, its good to be a part of this wonderful site!
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

Links