Seen how easy it would be to get carjacked today

This is a discussion on Seen how easy it would be to get carjacked today within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So just about half hour ago I found out how easy it would be to get car jacked. My son and I decided to go ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seen how easy it would be to get carjacked today

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

Seen how easy it would be to get carjacked today

So just about half hour ago I found out how easy it would be to get car jacked. My son and I decided to go to Wendys for dinner in downtown Newark. For those not knowing, you have an one way in and one way out unless your in the drive thru, which we were not.

We were pulling out, onto East Main St to turn left when I looked to my left to check traffic and then to my right and there was this guy standing in my window. He was a mute or deaf, not sure which but needless to say, it was w/o a sound. All he wanted was a light, but I dont smoke and I do not have a lighter in my car.

It just freaked me out how quick he was there, because I never seen anyone when I pulled to the stop, and not having A/C my windows were down.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

2. Remove Ads

A good post. I'm glad it just turned out to be a potential learning experience. There are blind spots in all vehicles, which are intentionally used by some (pan handlers, carjackers, fill in the blank). All we can do is try to be as aware as we can, to include entering parking lots, drive-thrus that canalize us, parking garages and so forth. Stay safe.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Yeah, tell me about it. He reached in my car and once I realized what was going on, it could have been to late, especially with my son in that seat.

I honestly do know how I would have reacted if armed, I may have reached for the weapon, not drawn, but reached, I just dont know.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

You mean you weren't armed? Hmmm...

I made a commitment once I got my ccw... For you Texas Hold 'em players... I'm all in!

Murphy is my co-pilot and I fully believe that if I carry every day, I'll likely never need it.

However, Mr. Murphy is a sick and twisted SOB and I know, if I were to ever need my gun to save myself, it would be on a day I didn't have it with me.

Glad you got off with nothing more than an eye opener and some "food for thought!"

Especially having you son with you!

Bad things happen in the blink of an eye! I am extremely happy you are Okay!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You mean you weren't armed? Hmmm...

I made a commitment once I got my ccw... For you Texas Hold 'em players... I'm all in!

Murphy is my co-pilot and I fully believe that if I carry every day, I'll likely never need it.

However, Mr. Murphy is a sick and twisted SOB and I know, if I were to ever need my gun to save myself, it would be on a day I didn't have it with me.

Glad you got off with nothing more than an eye opener and some "food for thought!"

Especially having you son with you!

Bad things happen in the blink of an eye! I am extremely happy you are Okay!
    Sure I was armed, I have 2 of them

I currently do not have a firearm. I have a CHL, but due to some circumstances a few months back, I had to sell my only one to pay for food and bills (was off work due to an injury). I have a new one on layaway as we speak, hoping to have next Friday.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

We're always capable of new learning experiences...sound like you had such an experience...glad you remained safe.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If he reached inside my vehicle he would be staring at a big 45 cal hole in my gun barrel,he just exhibited intent
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

justherenow... Hey, a man's gotta feed his family, no doubt! And guns are a good investment. Always able to get a little coin out of selling them if you have to.

I'm glad you have another on layaway!

Stay safe buddy! Please forgive if I offended thee!

We are living in dangerous times here lately and we all gotta stick together brother! Hope you get a gun back soon!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

justherenow... Hey, a man's gotta feed his family, no doubt! And guns are a good investment. Always able to get a little coin out of selling them if you have to.

I'm glad you have another on layaway!

Stay safe buddy! Please forgive if I offended thee!

We are living in dangerous times here lately and we all gotta stick together brother! Hope you get a gun back soon!
    Not a problem, you did not offend thee. I have a Bersa .380 on layaway, it is used, but it will work. My intent is to have a wheel gun sometime in the next 6 months.

I cant buy guns as quickly as others, I make 9.76 an hour and feed a child on that, plus pay child support for 3 others. So money is hard to come by, so we do what we need to.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    If he reached inside my vehicle he would be staring at a big 45 cal hole in my gun barrel,he just exhibited intent
    I am not sure if i would have been justified. It just dawned on me I did have a weapon of some sorts with me, a box cutter with a razar blade that I use at work, its in my center console.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    We're always capable of new learning experiences...sound like you had such an experience...glad you remained safe.
    Thanks for the comment. My biggest fear was my son sitting there, who seem un-phased. I could have sped away, but there was traffic coming, so it could have caused an accident, and my 5000lbs Jeep Grand Cherokee and a little Honda Fit would not have been to pretty.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

You know... the nice thing about the Bersa .380 is that it can always be with you!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

You know... the nice thing about the Bersa .380 is that it can always be with you!

I handled it at the shop and it felt ok, I hope it carries as well. I had the M&P 9c and it carried decent, but you knew it was there.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    I had the M&P 9c and it carried decent, but you knew it was there.

I carry the M&P 9c and although it does carry well, at this stage in my carrying life, I like the fact that I know it is there.

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    Yeah, tell me about it. He reached in my car and once I realized what was going on, it could have been to late, especially with my son in that seat.

I honestly do know how I would have reacted if armed, I may have reached for the weapon, not drawn, but reached, I just dont know.

WHY WASN'T YOU ARMED???? You cannot protect yourself or family without it,..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links