BG wants your gun

This is a discussion on BG wants your gun within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For whatever reason, your SA drops or you are distracted by some outside factor. A BG gets the drop on you and has a gun ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BG wants your gun

BG wants your gun

For whatever reason, your SA drops or you are distracted by some outside factor. A BG gets the drop on you and has a gun pointed at you. He's demanding wallet and jewelery from your GF/wife.

In the process of giving up your stuff, the BG sees that you have a concealed gun (printing, shirt un-tucked, inside jacket, whatever)

Now BG demands that you hand over the gun too. What do you do?
    Member - NRA, IDPA

Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to

2. Remove Ads

drop the main carry gun on the ground
    when he goes to pick it up shoot him with
    BUG. least that's what I would do.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Remove the gun and deliver lead at 1000fps, hollowpoints because I care enough to send the very best
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Depends on how close he is & if he gets distracted as well
    Will be interesting to see how others (especially trained) will respond....
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

hmmm... kind of a good situation to be carrying two guns, eh?
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

tell BG to hold this hot fire if he wants to.

He's got the drop on me & my wife while I'm still holstered? He gets my primary (and while he's likewise distracted by whatever distracted me to begin with...I unload center-mass with my BUG).
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I wouldnt trying pulling out my gun that the
    BG has already seen and then think I could get a
    shot off before he could since BG already has gun on
    me and is going to be very quick to shoot me if I try something.
    One more reason to carry a BUG

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Drop my gun in front of him. When he bends down to pick it up my wife will use her XD9 to send him to Hell. And she's an excellent shot..

will use her XD9 to send him to Hell
    Just send him to Illinois, that's close enough.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Drop my gun in front of him. When he bends down to pick it up my wife will use her XD9 to send him to Hell. And she's an excellent shot..
    Good answer, that's mine also. Except for the XD9 part.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Kotegaeshi
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

To be more specific, you have to play each situation as you see it. There are always going to be little nuances to a real life situation which can't be laid out in a given scenario on a gun forum.

With that said... I have done some training in offering "feigned compliance." By that I mean, I act like I am going to hand over wallet or whatever else is asked for... but because I'm playing like such a sheep and am so scared, freaked out and nervous, that I will "accidentally, on purpose" let the item slip out of my hand and drop it in front of him.

I want him to believe I dropped it accidentally because I was nervous and not get the impression I dropped it just to piss him off. This in and of itself is going to be a distraction to the BG. During that distraction is when you draw and fire.

Now, Yes, you are going to be nervous and scared in real life! No doubt about it... And what I'm intending to do takes guts to do it.

However, the key to this is to drill and train on it constantly. You fight like you train, and in a crisis situation your brain will default to the level of training which has been ingrained.

To merely sit back and say to yourself how you plan on responding without training for that plan constantly is an invitation to disastrous results if you attempt to do it in a real life situation without prior training on it to the point where it is second nature.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Okay Bark'n, but I'm not gonna' practice dropping my primary. Because it could become so ingrained that I...drop my primary!

Man I love this web site.
    I would pee my pants,
    Because I didn't practic this senario
    when BG laughs at me I Pop a cap
    Glocks

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links