Defensive situations associated with 2012. - Page 3

Defensive situations associated with 2012.

This is a discussion on Defensive situations associated with 2012. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not really concerned, but it's interesting reading....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Defensive situations associated with 2012.

I'm not really concerned, but it's interesting reading.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'd be a lot more concerned with the breaking of the eastern sky than the world ending in 2012.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I don't put any stock in a dead civilizations' prediction of the end of the world in December 2012. The Mayans couldn't foresee the demise of their empire at the hands of the Conquistadors. Based on that, I would call their prediction on this matter suspect. Only I Am knows when this will happen.

Haven't you guys seen the movie trailer? We're going to be wiped out with a gigantic wave, fireballs, and earthquakes. A gun won't help you in that situation, but a big bowl of popcorn will!

-Plop
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

Not that I think anything will happen in 2012
    but just because the Mayans didnt see
    their own end doesnt mean they couldnt
    be right. Lincoln had dreams that he would be killed
    just days before he was shot but didnt stop it or see it coming.
    Most civilizations dont see the end coming regardless of any of their
    past great accomplishments.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Years ago....Bla bla BLa bla bla there now do I sound smart see the caps in the middle.

The Mayans got tired of carving stone at 2012 that is the end of the story.

I am serious
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Hey! I made it thru Ninja Turtles The Movie, I think I can make it thru this MOVIE.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    When I taught high school a large Los Angeles radio station hyped a Nostradamus prediction as saying the Big One earthquake would happen at 10:30 AM on a particular Wednesday. In class, we were of course talking about it (I was trying to interject a little sanity) when the clock reached the predicted time. I had my hand down at my side and was standing next to one of those large school tables (3' x 8' or so): I grabbed it and started shaking it violently, and got a horrified look on my face and shouted something like "Oh, NO! The BIG ONE!"... before nearly collapsing in hilarity at their reaction (some actually believed me for a moment - and made their displeasure known). Hopefully in the future they'll evaluate a bit more carefully those comments made by radio personalities - and by teachers.

Sure, they were weasels and made my life difficult, but I occasionally got some points off them, too!
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Plans are dropping off the radar and out of society before 2012 and living on top of a mountain. All we'll need to worry about is defending what little we'll have and ourselves. Let the big cities draw the mayhem they will. We won't know anything until we see some smoke on the horizon.

Nothing is going to happen in 2012. Idiots have been saying the world will end/the sky will fall, every year since time immemorial. And yes, I know some people will read this post and think to themselves: "What if that IS the year?---this cynic will get his." No. It's not. Just have some reasonable backup plans for anytime and you won't have to worry or fret over a some random date of alleged doom.
    A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace. ---James Madison, The Federalist Papers

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    This is more troubling than I first thought. I just looked at my calendar and IT ends December 31, 2009.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    This is more troubling than I first thought. I just looked at my calendar and IT ends December 31, 2009.
    Oh no, I just checked, and so does mine, what will we do!!!

Mayan calander

Quote Originally Posted by J Bowen View Post
    end of the world or end of technology
    some believe the planets aligning in 2012 will
    cause a global epidemic. The Mayan calender ends
    in 2012 some believe it is because after that there is
    no earth. The Mayans were experts on keeping time and
    the predictions of astrological occurences too
    Everyone over exaggerates the Mayan calender. They quit at 2012 because they knew everything would be digital by then, and making calendars would be much easier with electric technology than with hammers and chisels.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Hollywood makes a big deal out of a belief system of an ancient culture that had many flaws to begin with. And of course there will be people to cash in on it. Several of my friends have gone celibate, given up even going to the bar and having a drink or going to dance at a club on Saturday night, because their cult has stated they need to forsake their pleasures to be saved on the day of judgment.

I am sorry but I don't believe the world will end in 2012 and moreover I don't believe in giving up everything to be saved on that day.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Bring it on. Need something exciting other that my job.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links