Texas Home Invastion

Texas Home Invastion

This is a discussion on Texas Home Invastion within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd be curious to know what happens to this homeowner from a legal and civil perspective: Texas Resident Shot and Killed 2 Teenagers During Home ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Texas Home Invastion

Texas Home Invastion

I'd be curious to know what happens to this homeowner from a legal and civil perspective:

Texas Resident Shot and Killed 2 Teenagers During Home Invasion - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

That's an easy one. 2 AM and they were entering a home that was not their own. Nothing will happen to him, by the law anyways. I'm sure he will be a bit torqued in the head for a bit, knowing he shot some kids. But then again, they were breaking in his house, so he may not fret over it for too long, occupational hazard.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

It happened in texas, they can defend their property there.

Its gonna be real simple; homeowner defends himself and his family......

A good friend of mine works for the San Marcos PD and worked that call; he said it was unanimous amongst the officers that worked the call it was a justifiable homicide on the part of the homeowner. For those that don't live in Texas, the area around Luling, TX has gotten pretty trashy over the past 25 years, with a lot of Meth labs and other riffraff moving in so it is easy to see that these BGs came from there.

My prediction is No-Bill from the DA......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

VIP Member
    Without a doubt...No-Bill from the Grand Jury...No civil suit...It's completely justified...No doubt he will need some help getting over the trauma, but hopefully he'll be alright...

That's what I love about Texas!!!!
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

No criminal charges (unless there is something they are not telling us here) and civil immunity. The only thing they would have to worry about is retaliation from family/friends of the deceased.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

What's a No-Bill?

VIP Member
    That just sucks. How can a kid be so evil/stupid? I mean I was a pretty rotten kid - but as evil as I was, I never would have considered breaking into someone's home. As dumb as I was, even I assumed that there would be a large chance that somebody was gonna blow my stuff away as I came through the window! AARRGGHH...

VIP Member
    Every shooting goes to a Grand Jury to determine if there is enough evidence to constitute an indictment and a trial. The grand jury returns either a True Bill, meaning there's going to be a trial, or a No-Bill which means the grand jury finds the incident to be lawful and there is no indictment...

The homeowner will be exonerated of any charges.
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Not enough information in the news story (so what else is new?) to know for certain. But, it sounds like a good shoot. Were they in the house, or in the process of coming in, or outside the door/window?

From the perspective of LE who worked it, sounds like he should be good to go.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

In the coal mining industry around here "no bill" is still used to decsribe someone not carrying their weight. Given the fact that each time a crime like this is successful the next is more brazen/violent it sounds to me like the home owner saved some lives somewhere in the future.

I often have said, that in the "heat of the moment," it's just about all one can do, to identify a threat, look for a weapon and be able to respond/react in time to save your life. I just don't see the brain, other than way back in the subconscious processing factors of age or gender of the assailant.

When teenagers or women break into a house, or put a gun or other weapon in someones face, age and gender have little to do with it.

I am stopping a treat to my life. If it turns out to be a 13 year old, too bad for them!

Now I've had the luxury (if you want to call it that) of personally seeing the damage, death and destruction at the hands of juveniles too many times, including rape and murder to lose any sleep over it if it happens to me. But I tend to be a little callous or jaded when it comes to death and seeing the results of violent crime.

What I look at is, was there a threat? Was there a weapon or means to substantiate that threat? And was I in jeopardy? If those exist, I don't see me losing much sleep over it. Of course, I will only know for sure, if it actually happens, one day, but I believe I have got a pretty good grip with that and have already come to terms with it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    I often have said, that in the "heat of the moment," it's just about all one can do, to identify a threat, look for a weapon and be able to respond/react in time to save your life. I just don't see the brain, other than way back in the subconscious processing factors of age or gender of the assailant.

When teenagers or women break into a house, or put a gun or other weapon in someones face, age and gender have little to do with it.

I am stopping a treat to my life. If it turns out to be a 13 year old, too bad for them!

Now I've had the luxury (if you want to call it that) of personally seeing the damage, death and destruction at the hands of juveniles too many times, including rape and murder to lose any sleep over it if it happens to me. But I tend to be a little callous or jaded when it comes to death and seeing the results of violent crime.

What I look at is, was there a threat? Was there a weapon or means to substantiate that threat? And was I in jeopardy? If those exist, I don't see me losing much sleep over it. Of course, I will only know for sure, if it actually happens, one day, but I believe I have got a pretty good grip with that and have already come to terms with it.
    I agree.

They were not kids, they were criminals !

If a teenager shoots you, is the bullet going to do less damage in your body than if the shooter is 25 ???

Check this:
    Two Brothers, 10 and 12, Admit to Vicious Sexual Torture Attack - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

Two brothers aged 10 and 12 who tortured and sexually humiliated two boys were spared trial for attempted murder yesterday when prosecutors decided to accept their guilty pleas to lesser charges.

The brothers pleaded guilty to robbing, sexually abusing and intentionally causing grievous bodily harm to their victims, aged 9 and 11, during a pre-planned attack of extreme, sadistic violence that has drawn parallels with the murder of James Bulger and to assaulting another boy a week earlier........
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Not a day goes by without home invasions occurring somewhere in the country, yet a lot of people, including a few on this site---attempt to brand anybody who carries a gun around the house or keeps one nearby, as paranoid.

I look at keeping a firearm close by the same way I do catastrophic health insurance. You may very well never need it, but a lot of people do end up needing it, and you can bet they're thanking their lucky stars they had it.
    "I've run across shooting after shooting where the defender shot a violent aggressor with a .380 and did little to immediately stop his depredations. A good hollow point load in 9mm or .38 Special will, historically, end lethal assaults more quickly."

~ Massad Ayoob

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Were they in the house, or in the process of coming in, or outside the door/window?
    Doesn't matter in Texas... Once they are attempting to enter.. you are able to use deadly force...

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links