Another reason to always carry.

This is a discussion on Another reason to always carry. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Neighbors gathered around late-night backyard fires should have their guard up for armed robbers who struck twice in south Minneapolis over the weekend, police said ...

Thread: Another reason to always carry.

Another reason to always carry.

Neighbors gathered around late-night backyard fires should have their guard up for armed robbers who struck twice in south Minneapolis over the weekend, police said Sunday.

The Minneapolis Police Department is especially alerting residents of the Page and Hale neighborhoods to be on the lookout for the suspects.

Two individuals, one armed with a handgun, came into the back yard of a house in the 5200 block of Chicago Avenue S. at 1:45 a.m. Saturday where residents and others were gathered. The robbers demanded that everyone turn over cash, wallets and other valuables.

A similar incident occurred about 2:45 a.m. Sunday in the 5200 block of 10th Avenue S. as two suspects entered a backyard from the alley. During a confrontation, one adult male was shot in the abdomen before the suspects fled on foot, police said. The man was taken to Hennepin County Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition.

Police said the suspects in both cases were 14 to 20 years old, wearing hooded sweatshirts with the hoods up and bandanas over their faces.

-----

Man, when you aren't safe at your own backyard barbecue...
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

2. Remove Ads

Perhaps these young thugs will wander into a late night (off duty) police party...one can only hope.

A couple of armed (well-placed) CCW'ers could end this spree...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

There are alot of bad people out there, all one can do is protect thier loved ones in a lawful manner and pray you are ready. I believe that 80% of crime is drug related, there needs to be stiffer laws regarding this problem. Bring back the chain gang on these criminals! Put thier worthless rears to work.A criminal is scared of nothing but work. Make them contribute to society! Alot of roads need fixed out there or they can make gravel with sledge hammers! God bless the good, hard working men and women of this beautiful country! Everyone needs to do thier part.
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

Quote Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
    There are alot of bad people out there, all one can do is protect thier loved ones in a lawful manner and pray you are ready. I believe that 80% of crime is drug related, there needs to be stiffer laws regarding this problem. Bring back the chain gang on these criminals! Put thier worthless rears to work.A criminal is scared of nothing but work. Make them contribute to society! Alot of roads need fixed out there or they can make gravel with sledge hammers! God bless the good, hard working men and women of this beautiful country! Everyone needs to do thier part.
    What he said !
    We live in a society where pizza gets to your house before the police

Some of the Southern states already do that...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    BOY! I agree with that.

Regards,
    Jerry

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Indeed!!

WASHINGTON DIDíNT USE HIS RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH TO DEFEAT THE BRITISH, HE SHOT THEM

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    But, but, but, you have to consider the disadvantaged upbringing of these poor children and how their feelings will be assaulted by having to be responsible for their actions and....wait. What am I saying???
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

AMEN!

Meanwhile here in beautiful Colorado, Gov. Ritter (Liberal piece of CRAP politician ) just released 3500 inmates to "balance the state budget".
    Also claims he needs more tax $$ to fix the roads.
    Hmmm.....

BTW, all Coloradans, Ritter is up for re-election next year.........

Back to our regularly scheduled thread.
    Itís so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

ďThe way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,Ē the Sheriff said.

We have a fire ring in our back yard. The other night the family and the in-laws were sitting around the fire eating sausages and marshmallows when I heard a ruckus from the front of the house. Turned out to be something I couldn't identify. We live in a semi-rural area. I'm thinking I should start carrying outside now. You just never know.

"I'm thinking I should start carrying outside now. You just never know."

Amen!
    Bob

I carry everywhere. My luck I would need my CCW and not have it. I never want that to happen.I carried my 1911 to clean out grand dads barn and killed an apossum, if I didnt it would have came back.
    VERITAS AEQUITAS

I'd say that's a good reason to have Tritium Sights on your gun!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Backyard Bar-B-Q, Front Yard Football, Mowing The Yard, Checkin the mail, pourin morning cereal, lifting weights, running, swimming, sex, sleeping, movies w/ the kids, church, etc..... You name it, I either have a gun on me, or right where I can grab it. I am NOT kidding, and I am NOT living in fear. I simply believe it is not only my right but my duty to protect and defend myself, my family, and the nation I love from those who would harm. If you will make it an ALL the time discipline, you'll feel naked without it, and you'll forget it's even there.
    "The wicked flee when no one pursues,
    But the righteous are bold as a lion."

Proverbs 28:1

Links