Could have been a bad day

This is a discussion on Could have been a bad day within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I agree with all the points made. I have alot to do and will get it sooner or later, thats the great thing about this ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could have been a bad day

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    I agree with all the points made. I have alot to do and will get it sooner or later, thats the great thing about this site. I am in the process of getting a .380 which is due to price of the firearm. I will need to wait until tax time to get a shottie or something, but have other methods of defense, from fixed blades to beating the guy after blinding him with a fire extinguisher.

Funny one mentioned the child learning to respect firearms. I talk to my son daily about them, and will be having a friend who teaches gun safety with the NRA program spend a couple hours with him doing the same, thinking it may take someone other than me to get through his head about it.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Bricktop View Post
    Baseball bat is legal to have.
    How long does it take to get a permit for one?

Go see your friendly banker for a 'home security ' loan.

VIP Member
    It just goes to show, you can be in your own home minding your own business and still have some moron start trouble.

Bear sized pepper spray is a good home defense tool too!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    No gun, eh? Not even a shottie?
    Put on a hockey mask and start up the 'ole chainsaw'...that'll get his attention...

I probably would have called 911 to report the strange behavior.
    +10

WASHINGTON DIDíNT USE HIS RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH TO DEFEAT THE BRITISH, HE SHOT THEM

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

Distinguished Member
    Go down to a gun store, and look over the used break-open single shot 12ga. Should be able to pick one up for 50-75 $$'s. It can be a real ugly one, don't matter, just so it fires, now a box of shells, $5.00. Get your self and family into the bed-room or other room with a door, if he comes in give'um one, break and reload and be ready to send another if he wants more.

When the 380 shows up, if you don't want the shot-gun, you will not loose a lot if you sell it off.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    My suggestions? Whenever you see someone or something suspicious.....make yourself inconspicuous. Idgets abound these days, and "issues' could very well mean drugs. A simple look or stare can cause those in 'neutral' to slip a gear into evil (posted in another thread). I don't know how many times I've gotten the middle finger flag just for looking and I wasn't even suspicious of anything. This is the world we now deal with on a day-to-day basis.
    Secondly....your best home defense is YOU. With or without firearms. YOU have to make a tactical decision from the start. You have plenty of resources at your disposal barring a firearm. I cannot list those here, but your locked door is first. No pepper spray? You keep a fire extinguisher in your house? Second best IMO. Baseball bat? Nice. Home defense starts at the basics and before firearms in my opinion. Always have a plan. That's the beginning and before you get a firearm to further enhance your position or fortify your castle. Start being tactically minded now, and it will be that much easier once you have reinforcements such as a firearm. Being dependent on yourself and your tactics goes a heck of a lot further than you depending on a firearm to solve all of your issues. Trust me. Think outside the box first, then when you're in the box it won't seem so small.
    I do agree with most of that but I do let them know I see them, and I make a point of it. I don't want them thinking I am an easy target. They see me, I see them and they know it.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links