this happened were i worked,man shot in neck

This is a discussion on this happened were i worked,man shot in neck within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK here goes this is a true story that happened about a year ago were i work, one of my good friends was having trouble ...

OK here goes this is a true story that happened about a year ago were i work,

one of my good friends was having trouble with some guys didn't know what about but later on found out it was over money ,these two guys come looking for him and cant find him at work, he was late he stayed the night with his girlfriend ,

so these guys go to his house kicked down both doors in a good attempt to get the drop on him ,but he wasn't there ,about this time he rolls in to work and these guys see his truck at our workplace,

they come down there and start arguing with him and they just argue ,and they wind up out in the parking lot and supposedly they worked things out and they start to get back in the car and one of them gets a rifle out and shoots him in the neck ,

now this is not ten feet from the road they didn't care who saw them .and left him there to die anyway the lady in the other building heres the shot and calls 911 by this time there long gone they have to life flight him now he cant work anymore has to live with relatives,basically cant support himself !

i wasn't there i usually am but this day i was gone with the boss on a buying trip.really put things in perspective for me that could have been me.because if i would have been there i definitely would have tried to help him ,so know i want to try and get my concealed carry but various family and friends have tried to talk me out of it .

but I'm dead-set on getting it because i know i would have tried to help and probably been shot too,just want to know what you all think about this please be kind as this is my first post,just found this site!
    Last edited by QKShooter; April 5th, 2006 at 08:27 PM. Reason: split it up to make it little more readable

Welcome

|i read about something like this at a tire shop a few years ago.

But had better outcome for the guy who was being shot at he only had flesh wounds and removed both of the shooters from the gene pool

they caught the guys the same day but still doesnt help my friend they cant even remove the bullet because it is so close to his spine and they are afraid it will paralyze him or possibly kill him .he is used to making good money and now is stuck drawing disability .i just dont want to become a victim with no way of supporting my family !

I understand where your coming from.

I want to give myself the best chance i can that is why i carry and i would say its a lot of why most people carry

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Welcome rimfiredude!

I am also in Ky.

I would be glad to help you in any way I can. Feel free to pm me with any questions about the CCDW in Ky, or whatever.

BTW, I am in the Frankfort/Lexington region. Where are you?

Lead Moderator
    Most of us realize, it can happen to anyone. While unlikely, it can happen. Better to be prepared and not need it than the other way around.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

hey good samaritin glad to know that somebody else is from kentucky im from the bowling green glasgow area of the state might pm you and see what all it takes to get my ccdw permit?

Assistant Administrator
    RFD - welcome to CC

That is a tragic story and I do not blame you in the least for wanting to expedite your carry status. We all know that the unexpected can always happen and so we prepare ourselves best we can - hoping as ever never to have to resort to useage.

So often in life, things boil down to time and place - just now and again folks are wrong place, wrong time - could be any of us.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

get it!
    if your family is so against it don't tell'em!
    its your life...doe as you see fit to keep your life good.
    don't let others run your life for you...especially with life or death situations.

the old "jump off a bridge" story comes to mind here.
    if they all are doin it ...would you?
    just cuz they don't carry, why should you do as they do.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfiredude
    so know i want to try and get my concealed carry but various family and friends have tried to talk me out of it .

but I'm dead-set on getting it because i know i would have tried to help and probably been shot too,just want to know what you all think about this please be kind as this is my first post,just found this site!
    If you want it, get. Don't let anyone talk you out of it. That is like trying to talk your best fried/wife/etc out of wearing their seatbelt. Like SOLOLUCKY stated, they don't have to know. My dad and I did it together, so I'm lucky in that regard. However, there are many members of my fiance's family that will never know I carry, no matter what I'm wearing or how I hug them on holidays. It is a personal decision to not be a victim. Don't let anyone else make that decision for you.

And you have come to a good place for knowledge. I would encourage you to find other internet forums to hang out on as well. Even if you aren't posting a lot, searching and reading the forums can teach valuable lessons.

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Going ccw is your decision to make.

I always kept a pistol in the car or home prior to ccw becoming legal here. I applied without discussing it with anyone.

This did lead to a bit of embarrassment. In my county the sheriff's deputy calls to notify the applicant when he can pick it up. I expected my wife to be out of town on the predicted notification date, but it came early. She was a little miffed when she answered the phone to hear a sheriff's deputy asking for me and refusing to tell her what it was about.

Welcome to the Forum RF!
    My wife wasn't really thrilled with me getting my carry permit either - I didn't ask her if I could, I told her I was going to - simple as that. Hey, she's been P.O'ed at me before, what's one more time?

As others have said, it's your decision to make and nobody's elses. If you think CCW is right for you then do it BUT make sure you think it through. It comes with great responsibility and means you've decided, if need be, you're prepared to take another's life in order to save your own or someone else's. It's a serious question that everyone who carries had to answer for themselves.

You'll find a lot of great people on this Forum and we're all willing to help where we can. If you have any questions (or can answer someone else's) just give a yell.
    Jack

...but various family and friends have tried to talk me out of it...
    Mistake #1 - No one should ever know that you're carrying or planning on carrying.

Mistake #2 - No one should ever know that you're carrying or planning on carrying.

Mistake #3 - No one should ever know that you're carrying or planning on carrying.

My wife is the only person who knows...because you just never know, y'know?

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I agree, if you want it get it. Just make sure you have the right training to go with it. The class you go through to qualify for a CCW, is not enough. look into taking NRA's courses, and then some sort of defensive pistol course. Become comfortable with your firearm and how it works, in a time of crisis, you have to react and use your firearm without thinking, that takes practice, confidence in training, and more practice.
    good luck in your decision.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Links