16 year old BG Shot in Irving, TX

This is a discussion on 16 year old BG Shot in Irving, TX within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Reported in the Dallas Morning News Apparently a 16-year-old kid attempted to rob some guy in his truck at gun point. He didn't count on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 16 year old BG Shot in Irving, TX

16 year old BG Shot in Irving, TX

Reported in the Dallas Morning News

Apparently a 16-year-old kid attempted to rob some guy in his truck at gun point. He didn't count on the fact that the guy just came back from a gun club meeting. Oops.

Sad to see anyone get shot, but glad it was the BG instead of the victim. Incidents like these can be very positive in reducing crime rates and bolstering support for CCW.
    Blinky

Dalai Lama - May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I amended the subject line Blinky and removed your post's first line too - now not needed.

Well - in my book a 16 year old is well able to know right from wrong and face consequences for his actions. Very stupid kid and sad to say I have to find little sympathy for his getting shot.

Mess with fire - get burned! I hope other stupid kids know about that and get the message - in fact all BG's of any age.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Yea it sucks and is sad but this the exact reason we carry, to keep thugs from being thugs and make them the statistic and NOT us.

It is what it is, the kid got what he got for doing what he shouldn't have. I agree with Chris as I also find little sympathy for him getting shot for trying to rob a guy just sitting there in his truck minding his own business.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Compassion, not sympathy...

I should clarify, that it is not sympathy I feel, but compassion.

The kid took a risk and lost. His negative action brought upon him a negative reaction. Had I been the intended victim faced with a 16YO gunman, I too would have pulled the trigger in self-defense. There is not a shred of doubt in my mind about that.

I have compassion, however, for this individual to have to learn a lesson the hard way. What was missing in this individual's life that led him to this point in his life?

Having compassion is looking at the core of life. People don't start out life as criminals, they are made through a serious of events in their life.

People want to be happy, all people do. However, some are misguided in their attempts to achieve happiness, such as this young individual. He may be labeled as a punk, a criminal, etc., but he is a human being. I hope, if he survives, he can utilize this lesson and be a better person for it. The choice is up to him.

The ability to have compasion for each other is what sets us apart from the animals.
    Blinky

Dalai Lama - May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times

And yet another in number for the anit's to decry an inocent shot by a evil gun. They are just a droolin over adding him to their statistics.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J
    And yet another in number for the anit's to decry an inocent shot by a evil gun. They are just a droolin over adding him to their statistics.
    My thoughts exactly! "X number of kids are shot every year with evil handguns!"
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Lead Moderator
    there should be a BG shoot count on the news every night. too bad, but guess some people need to be taught the hard way. Better him than some new mother or perhaps a true child.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

stupid kid gets what he deserves, u try to rob someone at gun point, the victem doesn't know if u just want to steal their car or harm them as well, must victems would prob be scared and nervous and would not hesitate to react with a few gun trigger pulls!
    no sympany for stupid petty theft people!
    what good to society are they in the first place?? if they go around making these crimes, go to school, get a job, don't steal from honest living human beings!

1952 - 2006
    I agree strongly with you blinky.

Just don't forget that the time to feel compassion for his misguided youth is after the fact, not during the commision of his robbery.

Personally I get angry. I get angry that this former human being forced me to shoot.

Taking someones life from them is a traumatic event to experience. It completely overshadows the traumatic event that caused you to shoot in the first place.

So I get angry that I had to go there again.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

yeah thats true, no one is born a criminal.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Hopefully this story gets out to his friends. Go out and get a job if you need money. I agree that it is sad that a human life was lost, but when it comes down to me or you, I promise I will win everytime. It's stories like this that make CCW so beneficial. If the BG's don't know who is carrying, they will be less likely to try and victimize you. Let us not forget the guy who shot the 16 yr old is the victim here, not the punk kid.
    Curry

Quote Originally Posted by BCurry1
    Hopefully this story gets out to his friends. Go out and get a job if you need money. I agree that it is sad that a human life was lost, but when it comes down to me or you, I promise I will win everytime. It's stories like this that make CCW so beneficial. If the BG's don't know who is carrying, they will be less likely to try and victimize you. Let us not forget the guy who shot the 16 yr old is the victim here, not the punk kid.
    I agree with you on this. I'm curious about the round used in this since it passed through the BG.

VIP Member
    The last line of the article: "The man in the truck will likely not face charges, Officer Tull said." Well, I sure as -stuff- hope not.

I also would hope the family doesn't bother filing a civil suit. Maybe the kid will decide "lesson learned, good to be alive" and straighten out...and take some of his friends with him. Almost too much to hope for.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    I amended the subject line Blinky and removed your post's first line too - now not needed.

Well - in my book a 16 year old is well able to know right from wrong and face consequences for his actions. Very stupid kid and sad to say I have to find little sympathy for his getting shot.

Mess with fire - get burned! I hope other stupid kids know about that and get the message - in fact all BG's of any age.
    Ditto for me. A 16 year old can kill you just as dead as anyone else.

It is a shame that a youth chooses to throw his life away though.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kimber05
    I agree with you on this. I'm curious about the round used in this since it passed through the BG.
    If the guy was coming from the range maybe it was FMJ?

Gutsy move by the GG, and a hard lesson learned by a young BG!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links