Deployed the G27 in SD last week - sort of - Page 4

Deployed the G27 in SD last week - sort of

This is a discussion on Deployed the G27 in SD last week - sort of within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I agree with your actions, both of you parted ways to enjoy another day! My wife and I were hiking in a canyon south of ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Deployed the G27 in SD last week - sort of

I agree with your actions, both of you parted ways to enjoy another day! My wife and I were hiking in a canyon south of Grand Junction with our dogs, we came to the edge of the cliff on a well used trail, our dogs stopped, hackles went up and would not go down the trail. We leashed the dogs and started down the trail, it was steep so I grabbed a rock to steady my self and it was wet! Well I found out it was were a male lion had just sprayed marking his turf!! The day was 90 degrees so that lion was just ahead of us and we didn't even see him!! I had my G23 and felt a little better but still creepy knowing he was there and not seeing him! We found his tracks farther down the trail and the paw print was wider than my hand. Sorry just had to share my story!

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    That was more of kitten than a fullgrown lion. Glad you didnt take the shot, there's no sport in shooting juvenile animals, plus having a (reasonable) amount of predators in an area only insures the health of the deer population. Good photo though, Glad that Momma or Pappa didnt get too close.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links