What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are at an intersection late at night in a seedy part of town, out of no where two guys stand infront of your car, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

You are at an intersection late at night in a seedy part of town, out of no where two guys stand infront of your car, and two more, one on each side of your car screaming at you to get the f*** outta your car?

You see the guy on the passenger side of the car reach for a gun and you fear he will shoot, but theres a twist, the two guys standing infront of your car are two huge guys, so ramming them would do heavy damage to your car! You only have a second to respond since this is all happening in real time and not planned out ahead of time, write down your first initial respone you think you would do?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    First response, flatten the 2 guys in front. Second thoughts, maybe back up, but there's probably a guy there, too and I can't see where I'm going and don't want to hit any truly innocent people, so I guess I'm back to running over the guys in front.

I mostly carry IWB and am a big guy (read:not in as good a shape as I should be), so the gun is difficult to draw in the car.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Lead Moderator
    gas pedal down, head down.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

First of all I drive a Ford 350 Dully Diesel Pick up.
    So if your treating me and standing in front of my truck...., your a dumb A$$ and it's worth the damage to the truck if there's any at all. And while I'm cleaning up the neighborhood I would be drawing my weapon just in case anyone had the chance to jump in the back.
    THE MOST DANGEROUS PLACE IN THE WORLD IS BETWEEN A MOTHER AND HER CHILDREN.
    -Lady Liberty-
    United Stats Army,(Ret)

Senior Moderator
    If there is nobody behind me - reverse and floor it, back a goodly distance away, turn around and haul butt.

If there is someone behind me, the guys in front get hit.

Matt

I drive over the guys in front.

Backing up at high speed can be tricky. I tried to back up at high speed one time and ended up tearing up someones lawn - didn't mean to.

Luke

Assistant Administrator
    To heck with vehicular damage - this is gas pedal time whatever the vehicle. Even with gun out and available this is time to create distance!

Doubt my truck would suffer too much but the gorillas would be going to hospital.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Lead Moderator
    RAMMING SPEED!!!!

If I'm alive I can get the car fixed.

As soon as I was away I'd be dialing 911 on my cell. Even quicked if I had OnStar!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Pedal to the metal. Heads down. Full speed ahead!
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; April 9th, 2006 at 06:46 PM.

VIP Member
    Well, you guys are certainly in a bloodthirsty mood this morning

My initial reaction to this scenario is to wonder why they are so angry. Have they led a rough life? Has the MAN kept them down and deprived them of all the benefits of society that I've been priviliged with? Could just a little bit of understanding and compassion help them to see that a life of crime is taking them down a dark street to nowhere?

THEN it's pancake time...
    Last edited by Team American; April 9th, 2006 at 08:12 PM.
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Team American

Well, you guy are certainly in a bloodthirsty mood this morning

My initial reaction to this scenario is to wonder why they are so angry. Have they led a rough life? Has the MAN kept them down and deprived them of all the benefits of society that I've been priviliged with? Could just a little bit of understanding and compassion help them to see that a life of crime is taking them down a dark street to nowhere?

THEN it's pancake time...

Team America - Did you have a bad night?

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    Well, they're standing in front of my car. Likely only 2-3 feet from my bumper. Even if I drive a Vette, I couldn't get more than a couple of miles an hour in 2 feet. They're not hurting the car. Damage is likely to be from them punching or kicking at the car as I bump them out of the way. They'd likely jump on for the ride, but I'm not stopping. Maybe slow to 25 around a corner and let them gently fall to the ground.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock

Team America - Did you have a bad night?

"I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    Over two and a half tons of vehicle with 300 ft lbs of torque and 280 hp vs two guys dumb enough to stand in front of it. Mash the horn and mash the gas, at the same time. They can move or be mashed, but they aren't stopping me.

Call 911 once clear and have the police meet me somewhere so I can make a statement and get a report. Hopefully the meat to the front didn't get clear and they need some medical attention. Then the police can roll them up on each other and bust them all.

As for vehicle damage, that is why I have insurance. It would be a lot less than smacking a deer on the highway at 55mph.

-Scott-

Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    I'd shoot 'em or run 'em down. I would not sit there scratching my hatrack. I drive a 350hp Ford turbodiesel and carry a Ruger .357.

They'd better move real fast and keep on movin'.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links