Hitchhiker (or carjacker) with a weapon . . .

This is a discussion on Hitchhiker (or carjacker) with a weapon . . . within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was driving home from college the other day and spotted a hitchhiker trying to get a ride in my direction. Not being an idiot, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hitchhiker (or carjacker) with a weapon . . .

I was driving home from college the other day and spotted a hitchhiker trying to get a ride in my direction. Not being an idiot, I drove past him.

But then I got to thinking, suppose for some reason I did pick up a hichhiker (which is a no-no, but lets assume that mistake was already made). Or perhaps someone hides in the backseat and you don't notice untill you're driving. That BG turns violent agressor while I'm driving, lets call it pulls a knife and demands cash, ect. . .

How would you react? I like doing "thinking drills":

So for the purpose of discussion, let's make the following assumptions.

You're confined inside a vehicle moving at 55 mph, with an armed agressor a foot away from you. You may or may not have a firearm handy, you may or may not have a knife handy.

Go . . .
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

PS: I have a thing with hypothetical worst case senarios, I play them in my mind all the time, I think it helps me with SA. "If someone burst in here with a gun I'm going to (insert action here) and then . . . ."
    MA2, USN

When only cops have guns, it's called a "police state". Love your country, but never trust its government.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein.

Is the BG buckled in?

As I'm driving with both hands on the steering wheel, at a select opportune moment, in less time than it takes to blink, with my right hand bladed out straight, I'm going to strike him so hard and so fast right square in the Adams Apple, it will probably cut his head off!

Follow up immediately with a power brake and the moment the car stops or slows sufficiently I'm trapping his knife, disarming him and then I'm all over him like a monkey on a cupcake!

I guarantee that once his larynx is crushed and he can no longer take any air in or out, he won't be worried about trying to fight me. He'll be fighting for his last breath on earth. Which of course he already took prior to me killing him. That is if he is still conscious as he suffocates. That blow will probably be so devastating that he'll likely be unconscious as he suffocates to death. He may even be paralyzed from the broken neck.

Bear in mind, he'll think he's dealing with a sheep because I'm going to be crying and freaking out and I may even pee my pants for his sick pleasure. And when the moment is right... BAM! By the way, It won't take long before I act. Probably in the first minute or two while there's still chaos going on in his mind.

I don't pick up hitch hikers! So in reality this scenario won't be happening to me.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Naturally any of us defensive minded people would be unlikely to ever be in this situation because I'm sure we all

1. Don't pick up HHers
    2. Check the back seat prior to getting in

But I hadn't thought of larynx strike, good call.

Ahh Rugger, your from Oak Harbor! My grandparents lived in Oak Harbor before they passed. I love that little town!
    MA2, USN

-- Robert A. Heinlein.

I drive a hearse, if I hear anyone say a word to me from the back Ill start swinging without a second thought!~

Alex!

As a general safety rule, I don't pick up HH's. There is too much risk involved under the circumstances.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

Quote Originally Posted by alexcantslee View Post
    I drive a hearse, if I hear anyone say a word to me from the back Ill start swinging without a second thought!~

Alex!
    Not gonna work, you'll have to shoot their brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    As I'm driving with both hands on the steering wheel, at a select opportune moment, in less time than it takes to blink, with my right hand bladed out straight, I'm going to strike him so hard and so fast right square in the Adams Apple, it will probably cut his head off!

Follow up immediately with a power brake and the moment the car stops or slows sufficiently I'm trapping his knife, disarming him and then I'm all over him like a monkey on a cupcake!

I guarantee that once his larynx is crushed and he can no longer take any air in or out, he won't be worried about trying to fight me. He'll be fighting for his last breath on earth. Which of course he already took prior to me killing him. That is if he is still conscious as he suffocates. That blow will probably be so devastating that he'll likely be unconscious as he suffocates to death. He may even be paralyzed from the broken neck.

Bear in mind, he'll think he's dealing with a sheep because I'm going to be crying and freaking out and I may even pee my pants for his sick pleasure. And when the moment is right... BAM! By the way, It won't take long before I act. Probably in the first minute or two while there's still chaos going on in his mind.

I don't pick up hitch hikers! So in reality this scenario won't be happening to me.
    Darn, Bark'n,

I'm not bumming a ride home from work with you.

To the OP...I don't pick up HH...never!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I never pick up hitch-hikers.
    I always check in, around and under my vehicle before getting in.
    I drive defensively, always leaving myself an "out" where ever possible. I'm an also not afraid to run into a car in front of me if I absolutely have no other alternative. If you do have to hit another vehicle you will draw attention, if you don't stop the person you hit is highly likely to call police as well.
    Good SA will prevent a scenario like this in many cases.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Darn, Bark'n,

I'm not bumming a ride home from work with you.
    Keep your guns and knives in your pocket and we've got no problems, Ken.

You know, the case not to pick up hitch hikers would be the movie The Hitcher! The original with Rutger Hauer!

I must say, when I broke down once on the way to work in the pouring rain, I was grateful to get a ride. It turned out to be an off duty KCPD officer.

And I have upon careful weighing of the risks picked up hitch hikers in the past. However the last time was well over 25 years ago.

I have no problems these days using my cell phone and contacting highway patrol for them to "check the well being" of a person on the side of the road. I've done that probably 8 or 10 times in the last few years. A much safer way of giving a helping hand to someone without even having to stop.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Problem solved if one never picks up a hitchhiker - PERIOD! Also I do indeed check the back seats of my automobile everytime. My job requires me to report at 0-Dark 30. The first thing I do is check the back seat. Who knows. One has to be on the defensive.

Wouldn't happen,I never pick up Hitch Hikers,many people have been robbed raped and killed by innocent looking hitch hikers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I never pick up hitch hikers period. I don't care how nice her legs are or how hard it's raining.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I was gonna say. I'd let the guy know that I have no problem completely trashing my Silverado on his side and just hoping that by the grace of God that I somehow survived, but hoped he would suffer a fatal blow during the crash. Then I read Bark'ns post and His plan is better, and I wont need a new Truck. +1 B.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links