Another what would you do! - Page 2

Another what would you do!

This is a discussion on Another what would you do! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; UNless something in your state's CCW law says it is, it's not. Not here in Colorado anyway. Originally Posted by fitznig well its illegal to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Senior Member Array tanksoldier's Avatar
    UNless something in your state's CCW law says it is, it's not. Not here in Colorado anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by fitznig
    well its illegal to enter a bank with a gun, so i wouldn't have a gun on me, so i would most likely think of a way to tackle him if i was in a situation like that, but wait until a gun is in play.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    My wife is a bank teller and was robbed a little over 10 months ago, so I have given this alot of thought. She has been very upset, and I have seen what happens after the robbery. I now believe that if I was in a bank while it was being robbed, I would do everything I could to stop it. If the robber did not have a gun, I would go over and beat the living pi$$ out of him, if he did, (like QK's sign thead says) he better be able to run faster than 0.00023 seconds.
    Curry

OD*
    I agree with Mr. Larson.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I would have left the perceived danger area, ie out the door. go for coffee. come back in an hour.
    john

I think what was done was best. You don't know what is going on behind the seen, officially that is. If it is a robbery, LE could be on the way, or on the seen already. If he only wants $$, the banking industry, Secret Service, and the rest of the LE community have ways of catching these kinds of BG’s. Unless you are LE, and are tasked with intervening, or unless this guy starts gathering hostages or otherwise threatening people, remain a witness and stand by out of the way.
    IMHO.
    At least that is what I would do.
    Itís so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

ďThe way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,Ē the Sheriff said.

Protect the people but not the stuff! You did great!!

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns
    Maybe where you are at, but here it is perfectly legal.
    Yep, It is legal in Missouri posted or not to carry in a bank. If posted and you are found out carrying they can ask you to leave. I don't bank at posted locations.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Apparently bank robbing is big business and I had no Idea it was so popular. I guess that they don't show all of them on the news or I never seem to catch it anyway, but I was at another bank branch today doing some business and was talking with the lady about what happend and she said that they were robbed twice last month at that location, (same guy both times) the location I was at today!

I couldn't beleive it. She said it happens all of the time and they average an attempt atleast once a month with just there Missouri branches, meaning that if they have 10 branches in MO 1 will be robbed or attempt to be robbed a month. That's just one banking institution! I couldn't get over that, I really didn't know that they happend so much. I thought that they were very rare and I guess they still really are when you look at the big picture but it did shock me a little. I was thinking maybe an attempt once a year per all there branches in Missouri maybe, boy was I wrong.

Makes you think.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

Man you spend a ton of time in banks. Sounds like the MO banks are not the place to be.
    George Washington: "A free people ought to be armed."

One More for Matt and Jarhead

As much as it pains me to agree with anyone named Jarhead (hey, 18 of 22 years in Joint Ops Groups. I paid my dues on a lot of mid shifts outnumberd by Gyrenes)

I think that the combination of Matt and Jarhead hit it right on the head. Be prepared, plan but, do not show until the threat is clear and provable.

Jmiked

Quote Originally Posted by Rugerman
    Man you spend a ton of time in banks. Sounds like the MO banks are not the place to be.

Well, not really but I do spend more time than most I guess because of my business, this week I have gone twice and will probably go again Friday. I like using there money to benefit me! instead of them just benefitting from my money all the time. Same with taxes, instead of paying all of them I find the best, legal way's to pay much less! by starting a corporation...........employees get kicked in the ba!@$ on taxes in this country for working hard.

Ti.

Somewhere recently I saw numbers on the average take of a bank robbery - quite low (somewhere near $4000), but banks are only insured for a certain amount in their vault. Now Armored cars carry more, much more as they have several stops etc...
    Live Free or Die

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    What would you do if this went down for real like I thought it was going to today? This was a weird situation today and I can't help but think about it if things were actually different and he was robbing the place as to what I, could I, should I, or would I do in that moment with the situation I described.

Ti.
    Beat feet quickly.
    Keep the shotgun handy!!

erh
    Ti Carry - My simple answer is this: I personally have been "Knee Deep" more than enough in my lifetime; I would likely retreat & report unless family/ friends were involved.

For what it's worth...

Eric Howland

I think you handled the situation well. You kept your eyes on the guy, kept your cool, and were prepared to deal with him if necessary. The right answer to these type of questions is the one that allows the good folks to go home at the end of the day.
    A armed person is a citizen-An unarmed person is a future victim.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links