SD shooting in my home town...good video

This is a discussion on SD shooting in my home town...good video within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This happened in the town I grew up in - a relatively small, quiet beach community. I somehow missed the news when it came out ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD shooting in my home town...good video

VIP Member

This happened in the town I grew up in - a relatively small, quiet beach community. I somehow missed the news when it came out (I was overseas) and am trying to find more info, but the video is pretty clear. Thoughts?

YouTube - New Smyrna Beach Medicine Shoppe shooting
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Op,

I'm pretty sure there was at least one thread on that when it first happened. Don't have time to look right now.

Welcome home.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

thanks for the post. I never saw it before

VIP Member
    Nice timing of the shot. I looks like he popped the BG while distracted and reaching for the drugs.

Welcome home!

VIP Member
    As it turns out, the girl who walks around the corner in the beginning of the video is a good friend of mine from High School. The store belonged to her father, and she was understandably shaken up by the whole thing.

The security guard was hired soon before the shooting because the store had received a tip that it was going to be robbed... At least SOMEONE gets good intel, huh?

Also, did anyone notice the guard draw his weapon and have it out in his hands well before he moved for the shot? Interesting that he was able to do that...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    At least SOMEONE gets good intel, huh?

One more welcome home from me too!
    CZ P-06
    Glock 23 OD with CT laser
    S&W 642

'nuff said!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Op,

I'm pretty sure there was at least one thread on that when it first happened. Don't have time to look right now.

Welcome home.
    Yup:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-perp-0-a.html

Welcome Home OP !!
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Welcome home OPFOR. Now go to Stavro's for pizza and then walk across the street to the DQ for dessert.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Indeed, Welcome Home!
    NRA Life Member

OPFOR

Welcome home, from jus' down the road, on Merritt Island. I agree, as I wrote in the post on this a couple of months ago, the guard was seemingly 'calm as a cucumber' while he prepared, and waited for just the right moment to strike. I found it intriguing to witness.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

OPFOR... Welcome home after a long time abroad!

I didn't realize that was a security guard. Good choice being in plain clothes as far as I'm concerned.

I think he did an excellent job! I did notice that as the robber turned towards the guard, he was also swinging his gun around in that direction as well. I'm glad he shot when he did!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I saw the guard pull his gun out. From the first angle of the video it looked like the view of the guard was blocked by the tall counter and stuff that was displayed on it so that the BG was not aware of the draw.

At first it looked like the guard put the gun back under his jacket on his right side, but after reviewing it again I think he put it below the counter level. Until he moved out for the shot.

I think that guard was well worth the money.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

VIP Member
    Thanks for all the welcome homes (again, ) and the link to the original thread. And I will be having some Stavros, though I remember when it was on the same side of the street as the DQ...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links