And another reason to carry at home.....

This is a discussion on And another reason to carry at home..... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; this is horrible..... Deadly home invasion rattles New Hampshire town - CNN.com...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And another reason to carry at home.....

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    just saw it on CNN five minutes ago...its still a good read

Damn good reason to carry at home. Your carry should be 24/7 (with minimal allowances). Part time carry is just as risky as no time carry. Why inundate the system when there are those who take it seriously? Home is THE best time to carry, and at least we can all do that no matter how our omnipotent local government disapproves. What you do in your own home is still sacred no matter what you've been led to believe, nor what laws have been passed for your increasingly apparent demise.

both times i have been in a self defense situation in my life, it has been at home.....

and it started with a knock on the front door....

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I have two reasons to carry at home, and they are the only reasons I need.
    Reason #1, my family
    Reason#2 100% of home invasions happen at home.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    I have two reasons to carry at home, and they are the only reasons I need.
    Reason #1, my family
    Reason#2 100% of home invasions happen at home.
    Agreed......it seems like you cant turn on the news anymore without hearing about a home invasion.....my town has seen an increase in strong-arm home invasions......

be prepared....

This is why I wish my wife would carry, or at least be willing to use a gun. I can't be there 24/7 for her.

What a horrible event. May the perps be justly rewarded for their actions.

Truly.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It was a good read, I hadnt heard of it yet....Come on.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Good read Bruce

Is the death penalty and hangings still applicable in New Hampshire ???

By Gabriel Falcon
    AC 360 Writer

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A small, rural town in the hills of New Hampshire was jolted by a home invasion over the weekend that left a mother dead and her young daughter severely injured.

Steven Spader, 17, is accused of using a machete to kill a woman and injure her daughter.

"This type of murder does not happen very often," New Hampshire Senior Assistant Attorney General Will Delker said. "This is something out of the ordinary."

Four teenagers have been charged in connection with the incident early Sunday morning along an isolated dirt road in Mont Vernon, a town of about 2,000.

In a news release Tuesday, the New Hampshire Department of Justice identified the victim as 42-year-old Kimberly Cates. The medical examiner determined that she died from "multiple sharp injuries to the head, torso, left arm, and left leg."

The victim's 10-year-old daughter sustained serious knife injuries that required hours of surgery.

"She's still in the intensive care unit," Delker said. "Her injuries weren't life-threatening, but you shouldn't minimize the severities of the injuries she suffered."

Delker said Kimberly Cates' husband was away on business at the time of the attack.

Cates was a registered nurse at St. Joseph Hospital in Nashua, New Hampshire.

Got news for ya.... Home Invasions are going to be on the rise in the next several years. People are going to get more and more desperate with the state of the economy.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Eagleks.....
    To answer your question....YES, the death penalty is still on the books in NH (lethal injection vs hanging now, I believe...)....BUT....it's gona be YEARS...IF EVER....before our "Live Free or Die" bleeding hearts get around to doing away with Michael Addison for good (no one has been hanged in the state since 1939...)
    The recent murder of Ms. Cates and the brutal attack of her 11-year old daughter have a lot of us here in the Granite State seething...I'm not gonna get into politics....but there ARE those who are wondering if things may have turned out differently had Ms. Cates been armed...
    We'll never know....however, the home invasion took place during pre-dawn hours, when both occupants were sleeping; the element of surprise was definitely in the BGs favor...the weapon of attack was (allegedly) a machete....it would be very difficult to fend off such a weapon while lying asleep on a bed.....
    As for the bleeding-hearts who are already crying "Unfair!" to the implementation of the DP because of the "youthful nature" of the defendants....I only say.....Ms. Cates would be just as dead -- and her daughter just as injured -- had the attacker(s) been 27, 37, or 67! Let the punishment fit the crime....I'll leave it at that, with my prayers going to the friends and relatives of yet 2 more innocent victims of a senseless act of violence.....
    Others may have different opinions.....and that's fine...I'm just stating mine!

Just learned...the 2 scumbuckets charged with Ms. Cates' murder are out on bail....!
    Makes you feel all warm 'n' fuzzy, don't it..??!!
    Last edited by das38spl; October 8th, 2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: added material

I agree that you will see more home invasions but I don't think it is just because of the economy.

It goes much deeper than that. We live in a society that where personal responsibility is now discouraged and some groups are encouraged to take from the "rich" and to them "rich" is anyone who has what they want.

The media's constant coverage of these events don't help in dissuading it either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links