Defensive Carry banner

Concern with being shot by another CC'er?

4K views 48 replies 38 participants last post by  KSDeputy 
#1 ·
I'm usually not into hyphothetical situations, but due to the growing number of carry permit holders that could increase the odds of something like this really happening...this one has me thinking "what if"??? Keep in mind this is just one of many possible scenarios.

Let's say you are in a parking lot and are forced to present, but not fire your weapon to stop an attacker with a pipe, crowbar, etc. (Please I'm not looking for a shoot or don't shoot arguement). At the same moment another CC'er is exiting his car and only sees you with your gun drawn, but does not realize you are on the defense. The next thing you see is him drawing down on you!!!

What would you do?

#42 ·
This is why eager gung-ho undercover and off-duty cops get shot, running into the action with guns and passion, while wearing civilian clothes. I must keep this in mind before pulling mine outside because other people don't know who or what you are when you get out of that car and run with a gun.

#45 · (Edited)
The situation you have described is probable...More reason for those who are armed to be sure of what they are getting themselves into. A piece of advice which I heard somewhere was do not trust anything you hear and you can only trust half of what you see.

#48 ·
After only reading the forst post and a few replies. If this is already said then so be it.

I would hope in this case: I would not change my focus off my initial threat. I would hope/expect that the other CC would soon realize (due to training or SA) who is who by the way I would be shouting commands for my initial threat to abide by, and to communicate with the CCer to assist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.