Concern with being shot by another CC'er?

This is a discussion on Concern with being shot by another CC'er? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Landor If my family is with me, I am getting them to safety no matter what is going on. My family comes ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Concern with being shot by another CC'er?

Quote Originally Posted by Landor View Post
    If my family is with me, I am getting them to safety no matter what is going on. My family comes first. I am of the mind set that it you do not know 100% what is going on you should step away and be a good witness. If you saw one person stabbing another person stab after stab after stab then I would think if you intend to get involved you should NOT use your gun but some other type of deterrent like pepper spray. If you are the kind of person and I do not mean that in a bad way that believes they are a sheep dog here to protect the sheep then you need to have a plan that does not revolve around a gun.
    The part in bold is interesting, but not one I favor.

You are meeting lethal force with less than lethal force. That's not odds for longevity in my book.

Biker

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    The part in bold is interesting, but not one I favor.

You are meeting lethal force with less than lethal force. That's not odds for longevity in my book.

Biker
    BikerRN, I'm with you on this one. If I'm armed with a gun and I see someone stabbing another person with a knife, I'm justified in stopping the "DEADLY" threat...and it won't be with pepper spray!!!

Perhaps Patti's posting http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-pictures.html will convince Landor that pepper spray may not be the best defense against a knife.
    Proud NRA member

After only reading the forst post and a few replies. If this is already said then so be it.

I would hope in this case: I would not change my focus off my initial threat. I would hope/expect that the other CC would soon realize (due to training or SA) who is who by the way I would be shouting commands for my initial threat to abide by, and to communicate with the CCer to assist.

In many states those ccw badges are illegal due to impersonating a law enforcement officer statute.
    Last edited by KSDeputy; November 20th, 2009 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Simplify response

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links