Switch to a comfort gun?

Switch to a comfort gun?

This is a discussion on Switch to a comfort gun? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We all talk about whether we carry at home or not. Assuming you do carry at home. How many of us switch to a "comfort" ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Switch to a comfort gun?

Switch to a comfort gun?

We all talk about whether we carry at home or not. Assuming you do carry at home. How many of us switch to a "comfort" gun. Me, for one, came home this evening and mounted my X200 Surefire to my Glock 23 for HD purposes and left it on the nightstand. I have my P228 in the drawer. I put on comfy lounge pants, a t-shirt, and dropped my S&W M&P 340 in to the pocket with my Desantis Nemesis...for comfort. There is a speed strip in the opposite pocket as I type this. I think it is more than enough to fight to my G23 and keep cover until I charge the 12 ga or AR.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

When I get home I switch to my M1 Carbine and keep that close at hand. I am really in a isolated area and have always felt better with a rifle or shotgun. If I go walking the property..I just sling the carbine and take off. Loaded with Corbon DPX with Barnes Copper Hollow Points. Inside its just a reach away.
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    If Im awake I carry the same, Sig P220.....or P226....
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Senior Moderator
    I find a full size 1911 comforting, but I also find M240s and M2s in rapid fire comforting.

If I am going to switch to a pair of pajama pants or something that won't support the weight, then there is a good HD long gun within reach.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Senior Moderator
    Glock-36 outside and inside (sitting right next to my computer as I type).
    At times I may have the Glock-36 on the table next to me and my KelTed P-3AT tucked in my back.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Taurus PT145 in a High Noon Pocket Grabber.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

My EDC is my NTC and my BSC as well. My EDC G23 IS my "comfort gun". I'm not comfortable without it. I'm not fighting my way to anything other than one more day on this earth when someone wishes me bad things.

When I need a "comfort gun" it's because someone made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

This doesn't happen too often for me, but when it does I reach for the .357 Magnum Revolver or two. At home I generally just carry what I've had on all day. I will however open the safe and take out a few longarms that I keep for defensive usage, to supplement the handguns.

It's not logical that I favor the .357 magnum. I don't put my faith in any one caliber to perform a "One Shot Stop". However there is something comforting about the bark and bite of the old 125 Grain load that enables you to light a cigar 12' from the end of the barrel.

Biker

It's not logical that I favor the .357 magnum. I don't put my faith in any one caliber to perform a "One Shot Stop". However there is something comforting about the bark and bite of the old 125 Grain load that enables you to light a cigar 12' from the end of the barrel.

I can relate. Old squad room joke sort of.

With a 2 1/2 inch model 19/66, if you fire it in a room at a perp you will: Hit him, burn him or blind him. The fire ball is incredible

Whenever I'm awake & dressed I carry my G26. When I first enter my apartment I unlock my Mossberg 500 so it's available in a SD situation. Once in a while something unexpected does get my attention. For home defense my Mossberg 500 is my "comfort gun" if you want to call as such.

Yesterday someone was knocking on my apartment door at around 12:30AM while I was online. This person then moved onto other apartment doors in the area. At that hour of the day I don't answer my apartment door unless I verify it's a LEO. At that hour of the day it's never safe to open a door.
    "Gun control is being able to hit your target."
    Glock 26

My "comfort" gun is the one strapped on me at the time. I am comfortable with any of my weapons...or I would not keep them.

That being said, when not with the family or with a client I carry my Kahr P45 due to its very light weight, small size and slender and smooth frame...just more "comfortable". If I knew I was gonna need a gun I would choose ALL of 'em at once.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

No switchy switchy for me. Have my primary and my B.U.G. at all times.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I don't have a comfort firearm. I have a sidearm that never enters the safe. Its the one tool I chose above all others to help protect me and those around me. I do not take off and put on comfort arms or legs... I respect my sidearm and treat it as if it was an extension of my hand. torso to arm, arm to hand, hand to sidearm. I do have different holsters depending on my attire.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Isn't the mantra "It is not supposed to be comfortable, it is supposed to be comforting"?

Being one who has lived paycheck to paycheck for a very long time, I consider long and hard what I spend my extra money on. Very few redundancies in my life.

If it is good enough for me to carry 12 hours at work, then it can certainly go the other 5 hours I am awake and at home.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Kel-Tec .380 24/7 :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links