Not living in fear, just ready

This is a discussion on Not living in fear, just ready within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not living in fear, just ready about sums up my wife and my frame of mind. Both have CHL and carry 100% of time that ...

Thread: Not living in fear, just ready

Not living in fear, just ready

Not living in fear, just ready about sums up my wife and my frame of mind. Both have CHL and carry 100% of time that we are legal to. Both say in condition yellow when out and about and watch out for each other. If trouble comes down we may not win but the other fellow or fellows are not going to be happy campers either. I wonder if there is any one else who has this mind set of not looking for trouble just ready? NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I think most people on this forum will fit in to that mindset. Living in fear is not living, it's just fear. We carry for the same reason we have life insurance and fire extinguishers. When you look at everything around you as a threat first and foremost, you let the evil in the world win.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    When you look at everything around you as a threat first and foremost, you let the evil in the world win.
    This was my biggest thing when I first started carrying. I like people and didn't want to become one of those guys who didn't trust anybody. Well I'm prepared and keep a good eye out and so far things are going well.
    Protection is a responsibility not just a right.

You are never "ready" enough when it happens.

It does however beat the alternative, as you will default to your training.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    I think most people on this forum will fit in to that mindset. Living in fear is not living, it's just fear. We carry for the same reason we have life insurance and fire extinguishers. When you look at everything around you as a threat first and foremost, you let the evil in the world win.
    +1 I cant say it any better
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Honestly, I have a lot of fear and it is a good thing for me. When I stop fearing is when I will have nothing to lose or I just won't give a darn. I am glad for you and your spouse and I commend your awareness and preperation.

My wife and I are always ready. At least I'd like to think so, and having someone with you as a true partner in this somehow makes everything complete. It's taken me quite a while to find Ms Right, and since I have, we do nothing but grow together in every aspect of our lives including CC and making it until the next sunrise in a cold, hard world. Ready? Always. Fear? Never! Being ready enhances our lives......the idea of living in fear would destroy them.
    Keep up the good work....you know who you are.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Fear-no, heightened awareness-yes, prepared- always.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Worked in Newark, NJ for some 20 yrs.....my S&W Model 36 saved my arse twice. It's not about fear, it's about survival. They want it, you got it and they're willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

One More Step And It's On...................

My wife will not be ready, very content I try to always be aware and prepared enough for the both of us. I agree with the "not living in fear, but prepared lifestyle", and have been living in the yellow condition for years. IMO, there's allot of good to be said about the being prepared mindset. To bad some folks in the world compare it to some level of paranoia.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    ...They want it, you got it and they're willing to do whatever it takes to get it...
    This sums it up.

I'm comfortably in 'yellow' and plan to stay that way. My wife is getting there...just yesterday she commented how she went to the market while armed...I'm liking her more alert attitude.

I carry 100% of the time that I can legally do so...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links