Saturday Night Club

This is a discussion on Saturday Night Club within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I'm hanging out with my friend who hates guns, and we decide to go to a bar. So I decide to take my gun ...

Thread: Saturday Night Club

Saturday Night Club

So I'm hanging out with my friend who hates guns, and we decide to go to a bar. So I decide to take my gun off me and put it in my car and leave my car with a bunch of drunk idiots. FUN!! So I do, and we go to the bar, it turns out to be a club more than a bar. He didn't have his ID so that gave me opportunity to let him know I don't really care to go to a club. I don't dance, I don't drink that often, I don't want to spend 5.00 to get in and 3.00 a drink, and its just not my scene. So we decide not to try to get in. Some kid with his thug friends were sitting on a bench said something that got under my skin. If I had a firearm I wouldn't have said anything because I wouldn't want to escalate the situation. Since I didn't have it. Knowing it would have been better to not say anything at all I did anyways, actually I stopped in my tracks and asked him what the hell does that supposed to mean. He replies, I wasn't talking to you. Which he was because he looked directly at me while he said it. So he I walk on and as I am walking he starts talking the crap like all wussies do. I keep walking and pretend like I didn't hear him which I think made him even more mad. About 20 seconds later I hear him saying hey, hey, come back, hey... I decide I don't know what this guys got in his pocket I better start jogging to my car, and in this case if he tries to corner me I am able to at the very least drive away. Now if I were still in high school I would have thrown fists with him anyday-namely mine. But I'm not I'm 24 and have a job and an apartment and bills I have to take care of I can't take a hit like that financially. I'm already much bigger than the thug as it is. I'm not affraid of him per say, but more so what he has or what his friends might do, as well as the financial and criminal repercussions. So by the time I get to my car he stopped pursuing me and I was able to drive away no further incident. Just another reminder how much I hate drunk stupid ruthless people and I think if I hadn't have been drugg out to the club to begin with I a-wouldn't have been disarmed, and b-wouldn't have come across someone who wanted to find trouble so easily. So moral of the story is- Don't go somewhere you can't bring your gun, unless you absolutely have to. As well as ignore little thug punks and places where they serve straight-alcohol.
    Thought I'd share my experience maybe you can learn from it, maybe I know I sure did.
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat View Post
    So moral of the story is- Don't go somewhere you can't bring your gun, unless you absolutely have to. As well as ignore little thug punks and places where they serve straight-alcohol.
    There are some words to live by...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by RogerThat View Post
    So moral of the story is- Don't go somewhere you can't bring your gun, unless you absolutely have to. As well as ignore little thug punks and places where they serve straight-alcohol.
    Yes....Good advice. Don't go where stupid people hang out and don't do stupid things. To that I would add: If you think it's a place you are likely to need your gun don't go there.

it's called, "Minimizing your risks"..
    "Brains before Bullets"

I avoid ALL bars. (I didn't lose anything in them). There's no popint in going where people use mind-altering substances to excess (and that usually is the case).

Perhaps you are old enough to remember the slogan on the Pall Mall cigarretes pack. "Wherever particular people congregate". When it comes to places that serve straight liquor it is "Wherever peculiar people congregate". That's a good summation of the "saloon scene". Thes are places where people look for (and routinely find) trouble.

Minimizing risk is always a good thing. If a bar is not your scene, there is nothing wrong with that. I'm sorry though for those who assume every establishment is filled with people looking for trouble---not to say any previous poster feels that way. In MY experience, the pubs and bars I go to have people who just want to grab a few drinks and food while talking or watching a game. Nothing wrong with that, IMO. Live a little.
    A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace. ---James Madison, The Federalist Papers

Links