aparently a true story

This is a discussion on aparently a true story within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i got this in an email thought it was a pretty interesting story. don't know how true it is though... anyways i'm wondering could you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aparently a true story

aparently a true story

i got this in an email thought it was a pretty interesting story. don't know how true it is though... anyways i'm wondering could you actually do this??

HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE.

George Phillips , an elderly man, from Meridian, Mississippi, was going up to bed, when his wife told him that he'd left the light on in the garden shed, which she could see from the bedroom window.

George opened the back door to go turn off the light, but saw that there were people in the shed stealing things.

He phoned the police, who asked "Is someone in your house?"
    He said "No," but some people are breaking into my garden shed and stealing from me.
    Then the police dispatcher said "All patrols are busy. You should lock your doors and an officer will be along when one is available.."
    George said, "Okay."
    He hung up the phone and counted to 30. Then he phoned the police again.

"Hello, I just called you a few seconds ago because there were people stealing things from my shed. Well you, you don't have to worry about them now because I just shot them." and he hung up.

Within five minutes, six Police Cars, a SWAT Team, a Helicopter, two Fire Trucks, a Paramedic, and an Ambulance showed up at the Phillips' residence, and caught the burglars red-handed. One of the Policemen said to George, "I thought you said that you'd shot them!"
    George said, "I thought you said there was nobody available.

2. Remove Ads

That's funny stuff!

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I believe that this 'repost' is not really a true story, however, I do believe it would work...not that I would try it I'm just sayin'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    nice
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Never lie, It's just wrong AND will get you in big trouble with The Man. Remember, they can lie to you but not the other way around. Maybe...I will shoot...

VIP Member
    Good point and good story. I don't know if it's based on an actual incident or not, I doubt it.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Could you actually shoot though? Depeding in which state you live in, not sure about Mississippi, don't they have to be IN your house? I'm from Maine and still trying to find some black-and-white laws about this stuff.
    It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
    H&K USP .45 compact
    Glock 27
    Ruger LCP (she's so cute!)

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutnmuffinz View Post
    Could you actually shoot though? Depeding in which state you live in, not sure about Mississippi, don't they have to be IN your house? I'm from Maine and still trying to find some black-and-white laws about this stuff.
    In TX, you have the right to defend your property. Doesn't say house. Correct me if I'm wrong though...

As I understand it, Texas has some pretty lenient laws about defending your property, especially "in the nighttime." IANAL
    He said to them, "But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one."

- Luke 22:36 (ESV)

What ever you do will be viewed by subjective reasoning and there will be consequences! You might get off from the legal aspects but the civil consequences can be worse! If you use your weapon, make sure it's worth it, like savig a life rather than some property! Don't make a statement to the police and have a lawyer in mind, no matter how justified or "righteous" the act of defending yourself or your property may be.

In Texas it is legal to defend your property with lethal force:

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury

In Texas it is even legal to defend 3rd person property with lethal force:

Sec. 9.43. PROTECTION OF THIRD PERSON'S PROPERTY. A person is justified in using force or deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property of a third person if, under the circumstances as he reasonably believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.41 or 9.42 in using force or deadly force to protect his own land or property and:

(1) the actor reasonably believes the unlawful interference constitutes attempted or consummated theft of or criminal mischief to the tangible, movable property; or

(2) the actor reasonably believes that:

(A) the third person has requested his protection of the land or property;

(B) he has a legal duty to protect the third person's land or property; or

(C) the third person whose land or property he uses force or deadly force to protect is the actor's spouse, parent, or child, resides with the actor, or is under the actor's care.

I forgot to add:

Sec. 83.001. CIVIL IMMUNITY. A defendant who uses force or deadly force that is justified under Chapter 9, Penal Code, is immune from civil liability for personal injury or death that results from the defendant's use of force or deadly force, as applicable.

Now of course the circumstances can be up to the interpetation of a jury if a prosecutor decided that you acted out of scope of what is legal and in that case you could be in trouble. Overall tho Texas is a really bad environment for lawbreakers (except if you are an illegal alien, then you can do whatever you want)

I Think the post was ( DON'T MESS WITH YOUR SENIORS ) ; )
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links