Walmart Weekend, same night, different stores!

This is a discussion on Walmart Weekend, same night, different stores! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This past Friday was a unique day for my family. Two different areas but the same Store Chain. For my daughter it was a very ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walmart Weekend, same night, different stores!

Walmart Weekend, same night, different stores!

This past Friday was a unique day for my family. Two different areas but the same Store Chain. For my daughter it was a very frightening evening at Walmart. She was checking out and thank goodness my Grandchildren who were with her were not close but getting ready to leave the store. There was a guy in line behind her and he was saying the most polluted word you can use. He had a child with him in his shopping cart where a lot of kids ride. She simply turned and said, can we do without that word. The guy got from behind his shopping cart and launched into a tirade that was not even connected to what she had asked. My daughter appealed to him about his choice of words even in front of his child and it even got more heated from there. She said he was so close that she could feel his breath. The clerk at the register never looked up and the people behind this guy never said a word. She finally quit saying anything to the guy fearing something was going to happen. She finally got things paid for an got out fearing that she would be followed and all of them would be harmed. Thankfully none of that ever took place. My daughter was unarmed and does not have a weapon of any kind. She said she will never say anything to anybody again except maybe ask the clerk to call management if she were to do anything. My guess is she will probably be quite and endure.

On the same evening in another part of our State my wife has the wally world urge and so we are there late as well. As we are getting ready to head to the registers, I start hearing the loud commotion up toward the front of the store, then again and another time. Now we are getting close to the front and the line of about 50 folks has formed and only one register is opened. Periodic yelling is still taking place. Whatever was going on had basically shut the store down. Then this guy started rapidly leaving the area beyond the open register and his is mad as a hornet a yelling back at the Store Manager. Still don't know what took place but my wife had her hand on her carry location and I had my hand on my carry location which is in a deal that looks like a camera case on my belt. We didn't know what was about to happen.

Very Strange night and Halloween was the next night. My daughter and grandchildren stayed home and we did as well. All in the family last Friday night but obviously much more personal with my daughter. She had no way to do anything had this guy gone over the edge and to me only the Good Lord kept it from going any further.

My daughter is like her mother, they both say what is on their mind. She simply asked the guy to stop saying that word, and it was apparently to much to ask of him! Nobody likes to hear that filth and nobody needs to be broadcasting it in front of others and especially children.

We're going to have to get my daughter a carry of some sort. Some education is needed after this. My Grandchildren, 13 & 14, have already been to the range and shot my 9mm. This was a long time back prior to this and so there has been some safety and instruction to a degree. That was a fun day with the kids and were going to have to spend more time there for fun and education.

Anyway, what a weekend at Walmart.

Take Care folks
    Stay Safe
    Boze
    Boze
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

"Gentlemen, Prepare to defend yourselves" SGM Basil Plumley

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BlueNinjaGo's Avatar
    This is why I shop at Target... :)

But seriously, glad nothing bad happened.... hopefully it'll waken your daughter up a little and at least get her to carry pepper spray/stun gun or something... Too many weirdo's out there.

Full Moon Weekend
    Peeps get weird on a FM
    Glocks

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I'd like a time machine to take me & my family back to the 1950's. Today's America has lost the fear and respect of The Lord and consideration of others.
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    Glad it didn't get physical, I'm thankfull she is safe. I prefer Target as well, but when there is a Walmart 4 miles away, and the nearest Target is 18 miles...
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

The cashier probably sees this happen through out her shift. And is told to ignore it unless it gets physical.

Welcome to Walmart, where we have low prices and are sold out of what you're looking for.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

The second jerk probably was accused of stealing...hoping the 'scene' would call off the 'dogs'????

When my wife wants to go to WW, I let her shop and stay in the front of the store just to watch all the 'strange' people arrive...it's a real trip.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

No offense... but... I am a very vocal and opinionated person as well. But there are times I bite my tongue because of incidents like your daughters.

If I am not prepared or properly equip to deal with the situation ... then I keep my mouth shut. Might have been the best option in hindsight, but I'm glad it didn't escalate into something more. People like that most likely won't change their behavior in the long run anyways.
    No Excuses... Just make it Happen!

To bad Call from Lonesome Dove wasn't there. He has an excellent training program for rudeness.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I would have kept my mouth shut. No sense is turning a verbal idiot into a frothing maniac. I'm sure her kids have heard worse, regardless of what they say or don't say....
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

I would almost go so far as to say your daughter brought that on herself. When I’m out among the English I don’t interact W/ people unless I am required to do so. People don’t like to be told what to do and they don’t like to be called on their behavior. These days it’s better to go about your business and not get involved in things that don’t concern you.

Quote Originally Posted by treo View Post
    These days itís better to go about your business and not get involved in things that donít concern you.
    I do think this concerned her. It directly affected her children, and there is no need to spew that kind of garbage around children. As Edmund Burke said, "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

If we don't stand up for our values, people will continue to step on them.
    Sejune
    Glock 30 .45
    Springfield XD 9

Quote Originally Posted by Knuckles View Post
    No offense... but... I am a very vocal and opinionated person as well. But there are times I bite my tongue because of incidents like your daughters.

If I am not prepared or properly equip to deal with the situation ... then I keep my mouth shut. Might have been the best option in hindsight, but I'm glad it didn't escalate into something more. People like that most likely won't change their behavior in the long run anyways.
    No offense taken! I concur that it was brought on by just calling for somebody to stop filling the polluted air with more pollution.

Funny, this powder keg society we live in is really sick and waiting to explode. It is hard to keep your mouth shut but then anything you say can and will be used against you, even if it's just to get the sewer mouth to shut his mouth. Everybody has rights but................... well I guess I better keep my mouth shut!

Take Care folks

Stay safe
    Boze
    Boze
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to, this is the last stand on earth." Ronald Reagan

"Gentlemen, Prepare to defend yourselves" SGM Basil Plumley

Some interesting statistics at our local WalMart.

Our local store last year had more calls to it (not including shop lifting) than the entire city. They have a security patrol now that travels around the outside of the store in a vehicle. What's frustrating is that the city is paying for the security and not Walmart. It's not an LEO but a hired security person. I sure wish I could get the city to pay for security in the parking lot of my store (figure the odds).

Quote Originally Posted by Sejune View Post
    I do think this concerned her. It directly affected her children, and there is no need to spew that kind of garbage around children. As Edmund Burke said, "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

If we don't stand up for our values, people will continue to step on them.
    ++1 I agree 100%
    Eric

EM1(SS) Retired

For freedom is never free someone else just picks up tab.

Kimber Custom II
    Kimber Eclips Pro II
    Marlin Camp Rifle .45acp

A 9mm may expand but a .45acp won't shrink

Remember there are only two types of Ships in the Navy, SUBMARINES and Targets!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links