Proud of my wife!

This is a discussion on Proud of my wife! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So let me set this situation up. First, I am sure alot of you know that we have had problems with our crazy neighbor so ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proud of my wife!

Proud of my wife!

So let me set this situation up. First, I am sure alot of you know that we have had problems with our crazy neighbor so here it goes.

My wife asked me to go get a late night snack. So I left with my ccw piece. My wife also has hers on her at all times. So I left and went and got the food and came home. Apparently my son earlier in the day kicked a soccer ball in the driveway when leaving I didnt see the ball and upon returning when pulling in the driveway I ran over the ball ( we live semi secluded in the country ) so when I ran the ball over with my truck obviously there was a "POP" noise, my wife heard this from inside the home and she jumped up grabbed our son and took him upstairs ran back downstairs and flipped on our flood lights outside, the door flings open and my wife has her firearm drawn scanning the yard. She yells out "Troy, are you ok" I responded yes and she let her gaurd down. I am so very glad that my wife has had the iniative to react when she fears something may be wrong.

She later told me that the first thing that ran through her mind was that there was a scuffle between me and my neighbor and there was a gunshot ( the ball popping ) and she didnt know who fired and she was protecting me and the house. I almost feel ashamed I should be the one protecting her. Moral of the story is I am so glad my wife is not a sheep and that you can never talk enough to your spouse about personal defense and what to do in certain situations.

2. Remove Ads

My wife and I work together as a defense team, and she is as good at it as me and in many ways better. We watch each others back and both carry at home as well. A team is much harder to take down than just one by them self. We do not just depend on firearms for protection, we both carry a lock blade folder with a pocket clip, and tactical small flashlight. Up close and personal a good knife is bad news on the receiving end.

Maybe once the neighbor you are having some problems with realizes nether of you are going to be a soft target he may just leave you along.

He has stopped the harrassing, it's been about a week since we have heard of seen him do anything stupid, besides the occasional reving the engine when driving by. You are correct a team is much harder to defeat than any single person. and as we do not carry tactical flashlights we both carry TDI knifes.
    what brand of light do you carry if you dont mind me asking

The flashlight has been a new thing for us. I came across a small flashlight at Atwoods in our area, Atwoods is something like Tractor Supply store. The small medal light is LED and uses 3-3A batteries it is about 31/2 inches long and about the size of a roll of quarters with the on off button in the butt of the light. Name on light is "Professional Tool". My thought was if power goes out or we are stranded on road in the dark a light on you is better than one left at home.

Hope to up grade on light when i can find what I am looking for.

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    A flashlight is part of my daily carry.

My fiancee, who lives with me...carries a folding knife and a Surefire Flashlight. She will be getting her CCP when she turns 21. I am slowly making her more SA and she is doing very well. She watches my 6 on a regular basis and knows that no on eis to know I carry. Her family know I do as my job is quasi-LEO, but they never ask and I keep concealed concealed. It is very nice to have someone as a partner in EVERY way.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Hell I am proud of her and don't even know her. She prolly reacted better than I would have.

Great example of preparedness!

You a BLESSED Man, to have the PARTNER you have !!!

BTW, a flashlight can be used for PD

Puffer

Wacko Neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by tpurdin View Post
    So let me set this situation up. First, I am sure alot of you know that we have had problems with our crazy neighbor so here it goes.
    I reread your thread about the wacko neighbor. What calmed the situation? Was it any one particular thing?

I'm proud of her and quite a bit jealous at the same time. I came home from work the other day and my son was at the in-laws so I left my Glock sitting on the island in the kitchen. When she went in, she immediately sent me back for it telling me to "put that thing in the safe where it belongs". Maybve one day she'll wisen up, but until then I'm protecting solo.
    Glock 27

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

Quote Originally Posted by CRags99 View Post
    I'm proud of her and quite a bit jealous at the same time. I came home from work the other day and my son was at the in-laws so I left my Glock sitting on the island in the kitchen. When she went in, she immediately sent me back for it telling me to "put that thing in the safe where it belongs". Maybve one day she'll wisen up, but until then I'm protecting solo.
    Atleast your protecting your family. Let your wife read some of the posts on this site and maybe it will open her eyes. I can not count how many times people have been complacient and said "it wont happen to me" and there next comment is usually "I didnt see that coming" hopefully she will come around, if not she can talk to my wife :)

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick68 View Post
    I reread your thread about the wacko neighbor. What calmed the situation? Was it any one particular thing?
    After my post on the wacko neighbor the situation got worse, he ended up knocking on my door with a ski mask on and he wouldnt leave me alone after several times of me telling him to leave me alone he still didnt get it. One night we had a friend over for dinner, while in the driveway the crazy neighbor caught my friend walking in and stopped him and asked him why I wouldnt talk to him, and my buddy told him "it does not matter why he dosnt want to talk to you, but what does matter is he does not want you here or on your property. My friend also told him that coming over in a ski mask was not a good move, the crazy neighbor denied it and my friend told him that he was here and saw it with his own eyes and told my neighbor that he was lucky he was not hurt" the neighbor has left me alone for about a week now. Maybe he knows more people are aware of the situation now and there are witnesses so he has stopped for now. but really i dont know what stopped him

I know you are keeping your guard up and you need to. If you can open carry on you own prosperity where he can see you and wife are armed that might help.

I do not know it you have a dog or not but if he suddenly turns up missing or dies watch out.

You have talked about flashlights I would get a good many and place them in areas of home where they are quickly at hand in case power is cut to house.

In our area we have had a number of home invasions were the bad guy cut the phone line ahead of time so alarms would not work to call out alarm.

Maybe this fellow will move are get back on his meds. and things will get better.

I am one step ahead, I would not let the security company hook up my alarm through the phone or through the internet. I made them use GSM which is basicly a fool proof setup, it's a box that works like a cell phone so when the alarm is tripped it send the alarm info via cell service and the good thing is if for some reason the provider it uses it not available it will automaticly switch to a different provider untill it can call out. Its an extra $10 a month to have this service but its worth it, so they can cut my phone line and my power to my house and my alarm will still call out

I hope you'al have told them how proud you are of them.. Take em out to dinner and then the range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links