Not all bad guys wear pants...

This is a discussion on Not all bad guys wear pants... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 11 year old boy shoots uninvited bear A good reason why everyone who is willing should be taught to shoot. You never know who the ...

Thread: Not all bad guys wear pants...

11 year old boy shoots uninvited bear

A good reason why everyone who is willing should be taught to shoot. You never know who the home invader will be.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

I would have preferred him to stay inside and call the cops,while arming himself in case the bear broke into the house,by opening the door he may of presented an opportunity to be attacked,I wasn't there so I don't know where he fired from or the distance
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I was gonna post this story yesterday, but I originally saw it on Huffington Post and I was going to post the absolutely insane rantings of their anti-gun membership... it was amazing to read. The comments went something like this...

"What was an 11 year old child be doing in a house in remote Idaho without parental supervision? His parents should be arrested!"

"What was an 11 year old doing alone in a house with a gun???"

"Amazing... another budding Columbine kid, courtesy of the 2nd amendment."

"Why didn't this kid latch the screen door and call a cop?"

"The bear would not have been there had man not invaded his territory, destroyed his natural environment and forced this poor creature to scavenge from trash cans for his very survival. I feel sorry for the bear."

"This easy availability and access to guns is what caused the Fort Hood shootings."

"Guns make people mean and heartless because they make it so easy to kill another living creature with the click of a trigger, including innocent people. Ban all guns now!"

Now, I'm paraphrasing this stuff, just because I'm too busy to go copy accurate quotes, but trust me, this is representative of what the anti-2A people think...

Just don't understand the thought process that leads a person there...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

BikerRN wrote on Nov 17, 2009 12:23 AM:

" As I read the various postings I am saddened by the obvious lack of understanding by the non-rural folks of what living in a rural environment entails.

There is nothing wrong with a child being able to shoot a firearm, or having access to a gun in such an environemnt provided they have proven themselves to have the maturity for the responsibility they are afforded. Please do not impose your standards of civilization upon those of us that choose not to live in a more metropolitan area.

In my humble opinion, this young man did the right thing and stood as a man in a time of trial. No higher compliment can be paid to him. "

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mamakennedy View Post
    11 year old boy shoots uninvited bear

A good reason why everyone who is willing should be taught to shoot. You never know who the home invader will be.
    thats very true
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

These posts are right off Democratic Underground

The bear was not threatening...just call the park service/rangers and they can remove it...no need for this senseless killing...

God, how easily you all justify your bloodthirsty natures.

In the end, however, it's a shame that people are invading the bear's space forcing them to come into somebody's house.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    BikerRN wrote on Nov 17, 2009 12:23 AM:

" As I read the various postings I am saddened by the obvious lack of understanding by the non-rural folks of what living in a rural environment entails.

There is nothing wrong with a child being able to shoot a firearm, or having access to a gun in such an environemnt provided they have proven themselves to have the maturity for the responsibility they are afforded. Please do not impose your standards of civilization upon those of us that choose not to live in a more metropolitan area.

In my humble opinion, this young man did the right thing and stood as a man in a time of trial. No higher compliment can be paid to him. "
    I couldn't agree more...let's hear it for the kid.
    Now for the bear on the porch...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Where this family lives is just about 40 miles from me. I've been over there a lot and the response time for LEO is not always the greatest.

The kid did the right thing as far as not waiting for LEO or Fish & Game black bears can get really nasty. When a black bear will usually run once it ids a human, with this one sticking around it was very likely it would have attacked...when a black bear attacks it does so to kill, where as the Grizzle will do so only till the threat stops.

so in the end you have 2 young kids home alone, most likely long response time, and a bear behaving unusually.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

VIP Member
    I was expecting a naked pervert thread. It was the whole no pants thing.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I was expecting a naked pervert thread. It was the whole no pants thing.
    Yeah, well I had been up for over 24 hours at that point

I was expecting an attacker in a dress, or mini-skirt.

Links