Why I didn't turn in my homework last week

This is a discussion on Why I didn't turn in my homework last week within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My lady friend is a nursing instructor. One of her students isn't doing too well. She was "informing" me why this girl is flunking out. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I didn't turn in my homework last week

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Why I didn't turn in my homework last week

My lady friend is a nursing instructor. One of her students isn't doing too well. She was "informing" me why this girl is flunking out. One reason is she is not turning in her homework.

Well, tonight, we are having dinner and the conversation goes something like this:

Ladyfriend (LF): Remember that girl who is flunking out because she is not turning in her assignments?

Me: Yes.

LF: Well she come up to me the other day and said she wanted to explain why I didn't turn in my homework.

She then recounted the story. I am probably not going to get all the details correct, but apparently, she was downtown on a Saturday, sitting in a big, outdoors, crowded community square/meeting place talking on the phone with her parents in another state. All of a sudden she feels this sharp pain in her back. She puts down the phone and gets abducted by some escapee who proceeds to use her as a hostage at knife point. Police come to ultimately save the day, but she was needless to say a bit distraught for a week or so.

I told her to cut this girl some slack.

This poor girl never had any situational awareness and lived in a sheep world where she thought nothing bad would ever happen to her. Reality quickly set in in the middle of the day, in public with lots of people around. I bet she is going to take some measures to protect herself.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm glad she is ok and it should open her eyes, because she probably won't get a second chance, to live thru another situation like that.....

If it's not the truth, it's one of the best 'no homework' stories ever told...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    .... I bet she is going to take some measures to protect herself.
    Don't count on it. I know of victims and family members of violent crimes victims who steadfastly refuse to face reality or their own responsibility for their own protection.

It's just another version of everyone else is at fault/wrong except me.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Glad she's ok if true.
    The total lack of SA by people out and about always amazes me. I actually tried to educate a young acquaintance the other day when I spotted her in the Wally World parking lot. Completely unaware I was there. Bags in one hand, wallet in the other, no thought to rummage for keys in her purse until she got to her car. Perfect thug target.
    Last edited by Arko; November 22nd, 2009 at 09:44 AM. Reason: clarity
    "Don't Tread on Me"

And you and your friend bought this story? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

The dog ate my homework!!!
    "I'm a big, hairy, American winning machine!" - Ricky Bobby

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I bet she is going to take some measures to protect herself.
    That would be interesting to follow-up on. I hope she does. Sadly I think that some sheep victims might justify that they have no need to alter their lives since they think that the chances of something like that happening to them again is slim

Don't get me wrong, I know that some victims really respond to begin taking care of themselves. I hope this girl wakes up to the world around her.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hidden View Post
    And you and your friend bought this story? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

The dog ate my homework!!!
    If this is the case, she's a poor liar. A story like that could easily be checked out via the police blotter.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

... this girl is flunking out.

... she is not turning in her homework.

... [She] gets abducted ... at knife point ... [and] was needless to say a bit distraught for a week or so.
    She's flunking due to one week failure to turn in homework, out of an entire semester that ends in ~3wks? I don't buy it, if it's just over this one instance.

She must be a perpetual "Dog ate it" type of student.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Yakking on her phone in public, oblivious to everything around her is believable. I see it everywhere, every day. The rest of her story.......Hmmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Yakking on her phone in public, oblivious to everything around her is believable. I see it everywhere, every day.
    So do I. I simply shake my head at the craziness of it all. Not one of them realizes how many people within 50yds are people watching, taking in the view of which folks are sheep, unprepared, incapable of defending, likely to have valuables, likely to "taste" good, or whatever. Bad juju, diggin' around in one's electronics without a care.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    The story is easy enough to check out to see if it is for real. If it is give her some slack on that 1 weeks work, if not slam her for stupidity and tell her to try the "alien abduction" story at her next school!

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Don't count on it. I know of victims and family members of violent crimes victims who steadfastly refuse to face reality or their own responsibility for their own protection.

It's just another version of everyone else is at fault/wrong except me.
    Very true .............. unfortunately.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

The student's story would be more believable if she didn't have a history of not turning in her homework.

While her story may be true, I suspect it may be another excuse she made up.

Her story should be easy enough to verify.

I agree with Grady...is there a pattern?
    I work with seniors in a high school. I pretty much know who is going to have another story for a neglected assignment. They can be very convincing, but after the sixth one...come on...
    Remember?...Excuses are like >>>'elbows', everybody has a couple of them? Some just have tons of elbows.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Those darn escapees are always getting others in trouble!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links