Found this video on youtube, was he legally justified?

This is a discussion on Found this video on youtube, was he legally justified? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Found this video on youtube. Watch and enjoy and let me know if you think this was legally justified. WARNING: There is vulgar language in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found this video on youtube, was he legally justified?

Question Found this video on youtube, was he legally justified?

Found this video on youtube. Watch and enjoy and let me know if you think this was legally justified. WARNING: There is vulgar language in this videoYouTube - Some hillbillies decided to pester the wrong guy!
    A man with a briefcase can steal millions more than any man with a gun.

No law ever prevented a crime.
    -Anonymous

A Fool refuses to protect himself, his family, and his home. - Me

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Justified? I think so, I think he handled himself well. It would have been better if he and his girlfriend would not have flipped them off, but I would never call them the aggressors or anything like that based on the video.

I hope the camera he got was nice.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    I agree, he was never the aggressor...he handled it pretty well...I like that he took the camera, makes good evidence...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Smart to take the camera, good evidence, shows thier mentality through the whole encounter.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Had this been real I think he would have been justified.

FYI, this video was staged. It is several years old now and is a pretty well known staged video.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Yes, this seems staged, and as pointed out before, the guy in the sports car just recorded himself performing an 'armed robbery'...didn't he?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    If this was real, there was nothing about this encounter that was justified. The so-called hicks were just two young guys playing around with fire. The Beemer Boy egged them on and lured them down a rural road with a clearly defined motive. He purposely and unnecessarily placed himself, his girlfriend and two guys into a life-threatening situation. These so-called rednecks could have been armed with more than a baseball bat and this could have easily resulted in a multiple homicide; over what?! Ego perhaps?
    Regards,
    Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

This video is about 5 years old and has been very throughly debunked. You're critiquing 4 acting students who did an improv. It was originally posted complete W/ a disclaimer on their website

VIP Member
    Again "If this was real". It would have required a fifth party to film all four of them at certain points in the video. Likewise, the audio was too good and free of distortion. Still, it was a good training video of what not to do in a fairly typical road-rage scenario.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    If this was real, there was nothing about this encounter that was justified. The so-called hicks were just two young guys playing around with fire. The Beemer Boy egged them on and lured them down a rural road with a clearly defined motive. He purposely and unnecessarily placed himself, his girlfriend and two guys into a life-threatening situation. These so-called rednecks could have been armed with more than a baseball bat and this could have easily resulted in a multiple homicide; over what?! Ego perhaps?
    Regards,
    Dan
    Yes, I did not look at it this way, but you have a point. The couple in the BMW should have never driven into a country road. It could have ended very bad. The crazy think is that situations like this happen.
    When my wife and I were honeymooning in New Orleans many years back we were listening to the news and this crazy story came on. It involves a 70 plus years young man with a much younger punk. Seems the young punk got pissed and followed the man multiple miles(20 plus), and when the man reached his doctors appointment the punk gave the man a beating. This is what you call road rage gone wild.

Again "If this was real".
    It's not

It would have required a fifth party to film all four of them at certain points in the video.
    The only two people that are shown W/ the camera are the passenger in the truck and Beemer girl there's never a scene where all four are shown at once.

ah yea this one is a classic. my favorite part is how all of them, including the 'texas hillbillies' speak with very obvious Canadian accents.

speak with very obvious Canadian accents.
    I wonderd about that. Aren't handguns illegal in Canada?

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    everything that looks like a handgun is illegal in Canada! ...(<--- not a fact)
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

It would have been a different world if the two guys in the truck had gotten out of the truck with a shotgun and a pistol also.

I believe he took a very big chance with his life and and young woman's life.

He probably could have out ran them if he really wanted too, and should have done so.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links