Man shot, killed

Man shot, killed

This is a discussion on Man shot, killed within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do you all think about this!!!!!! Click on link below. Man shot, killed on Deans Bridge Road...

Thread: Man shot, killed

Question Man shot, killed

What do you all think about this!!!!!!

Click on link below.

Man shot, killed on Deans Bridge Road

VIP Member
    Not enough information to really think much of it. Not being familiar with GA law I don't know if a permit is required to have a gun as well as to carry concealed. The person who was shot may have made threats prior to striking the other person. Depending on ages, physical condition and numerous other things the shooter may have been in legitimate fear for his life.

I'm thinking alcohol+guns never mix
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Story to above link in OP...

UPDATE: Man shot, killed on Deans Bridge Road
    Forty-three year old Andre Boyd was killed early Sunday morning when an argument in an Economy Inn on Deans Bridge Road led to gunshots.
    Posted: 10:23 AM Nov 29, 2009
    Reporter: Blayne Alexander

November 29, 2009

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- James Morris woke up this morning at the Economy Inn to shocking news: a man had been killed overnight, just three doors down.

"This morning I heard the housekeeper talking about it when she came to clean the rooms," Morris said. "She was talking about it and I asked her what happened and she said it's a shooting a couple of doors down."

Forty-three-year-old Andre Boyd was shot and killed in a room at the Economy Inn on Deans Bridge Road.

Investigators say the killer is twenty-nine-year-old Russell Allen Fletcher. He is in custody tonight and being charged with murder and possession of a firearm during a crime.

The two men were staying right next door to each other in the motel. Investigators say when one of them paid the other a visit, things turned deadly.

Investigators say Boyd went next door to where Fletcher was staying. They say the two got into a fight over money, which escalated when Boyd punched Fletcher, who answered with multiple gun shots.

News 12 talked with Boyd's brother, who stresses Andre came from a good family and was never a bad kid, but just got mixed up in alcohol. He has a young daughter in Florida, and was set to move down there just next week.

The news shocked his family, and residents here were surprised to hear of violence in the area -- including Morris, who calls this motel home when he's in town.

"I thought it was pretty nice out here," Morris said. "I probably need to find someplace else to stay because they was that close. Gotta stay safe out here."

Andre's brother Roger tells News 12 the family received the news this morning and are all devastated. He says that Boyd and Fletcher knew each other well and were drinking buddies, and that they'd even shared a home cooked meal.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Not enough information to really think much of it. Not being familiar with GA law I don't know if a permit is required to have a gun as well as to carry concealed. The person who was shot may have made threats prior to striking the other person. Depending on ages, physical condition and numerous other things the shooter may have been in legitimate fear for his life.
    Aggreed, not enough info. The 'next-door-neighbor' goes over, an arguement ensues, and the 'neighbor' punches the guy........

No, a GFL isn't required to have a gun, just necessary to have while carried on your person outside of home, car, or hotel room.

Duck is absolutly right, booze and firearms do NOT mix.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I'd say Fletch is in deep do-do. Argument plus gun is always bad news. Self defense will be weak in this as he could have called the cops before it escalated.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Forty-three-year-old Andre Boyd was shot and killed in a room at the Economy Inn on Deans Bridge Road.
    Better try a Super 8 next time. I agree with others, not enough info to pass judgement.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    Probably 2 people involved in something they shouldn't have been.

Sad, they sound like co-workers and friends. Bad choices usually have bad results. Drink us up some more targets.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Is the "Castle Doctrine" in effect in GA? If it is there's no questions, the neighbor entered the hotel room, threatened the man who had contracted the room for the night, his castle, he protected himself against a threat. No need to retreat! At least that's how it was taught to us at a recent CCW class. Depending on what the shooter told the police when they arrived. I'm still learning???????
    Life is one long weekend!

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by floridasun View Post
    Is the "Castle Doctrine" in effect in GA? If it is there's no questions, the neighbor entered the hotel room, threatened the man who had contracted the room for the night, his castle, he protected himself against a threat. No need to retreat! At least that's how it was taught to us at a recent CCW class. Depending on what the shooter told the police when they arrived. I'm still learning???????
    kind of depends on whether the neighbor was invited over or not and whether his intentio was to rob the shooter...i'm guessing the 2, who "had enjoyed a home cooked meal together" at one time, werent really i that type of situation...

suonds like a friendly squabble that went bad...very bad...
    Last edited by bladenbullet; December 4th, 2009 at 11:55 AM. Reason: my typing and spelling suck

i hate to hear of someone dead due to stupidity! no matter what the facts are.
    just glad I wasn't around there.

Sponsored Links