Defensive Carry banner

Man shot, killed

2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  otr1952 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Not enough information to really think much of it. Not being familiar with GA law I don't know if a permit is required to have a gun as well as to carry concealed. The person who was shot may have made threats prior to striking the other person. Depending on ages, physical condition and numerous other things the shooter may have been in legitimate fear for his life.

#5 ·
Aggreed, not enough info. The 'next-door-neighbor' goes over, an arguement ensues, and the 'neighbor' punches the guy........:confused:

No, a GFL isn't required to have a gun, just necessary to have while carried on your person outside of home, car, or hotel room.

Duck is absolutly right, booze and firearms do NOT mix.:twak:

#4 ·
Story to above link in OP...

UPDATE: Man shot, killed on Deans Bridge Road
Forty-three year old Andre Boyd was killed early Sunday morning when an argument in an Economy Inn on Deans Bridge Road led to gunshots.
Posted: 10:23 AM Nov 29, 2009
Reporter: Blayne Alexander

November 29, 2009

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- James Morris woke up this morning at the Economy Inn to shocking news: a man had been killed overnight, just three doors down.

"This morning I heard the housekeeper talking about it when she came to clean the rooms," Morris said. "She was talking about it and I asked her what happened and she said it's a shooting a couple of doors down."

Forty-three-year-old Andre Boyd was shot and killed in a room at the Economy Inn on Deans Bridge Road.

Investigators say the killer is twenty-nine-year-old Russell Allen Fletcher. He is in custody tonight and being charged with murder and possession of a firearm during a crime.

The two men were staying right next door to each other in the motel. Investigators say when one of them paid the other a visit, things turned deadly.

Investigators say Boyd went next door to where Fletcher was staying. They say the two got into a fight over money, which escalated when Boyd punched Fletcher, who answered with multiple gun shots.

News 12 talked with Boyd's brother, who stresses Andre came from a good family and was never a bad kid, but just got mixed up in alcohol. He has a young daughter in Florida, and was set to move down there just next week.

The news shocked his family, and residents here were surprised to hear of violence in the area -- including Morris, who calls this motel home when he's in town.

"I thought it was pretty nice out here," Morris said. "I probably need to find someplace else to stay because they was that close. Gotta stay safe out here."

Andre's brother Roger tells News 12 the family received the news this morning and are all devastated. He says that Boyd and Fletcher knew each other well and were drinking buddies, and that they'd even shared a home cooked meal.

#6 ·
I'd say Fletch is in deep do-do. Argument plus gun is always bad news. Self defense will be weak in this as he could have called the cops before it escalated.

#10 ·
Is the "Castle Doctrine" in effect in GA? If it is there's no questions, the neighbor entered the hotel room, threatened the man who had contracted the room for the night, his castle, he protected himself against a threat. No need to retreat! At least that's how it was taught to us at a recent CCW class. Depending on what the shooter told the police when they arrived. I'm still learning???????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.