I Think Someone Tried to Mug Me This Morning - Page 3

I Think Someone Tried to Mug Me This Morning

This is a discussion on I Think Someone Tried to Mug Me This Morning within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You did a good job, by walking away you saved his life..... if he ever realizes it or not is another question....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Think Someone Tried to Mug Me This Morning

You did a good job, by walking away you saved his life.....

if he ever realizes it or not is another question.
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Sounds to me that guy should thank you for saving his life......good decision and good being able to protect yourself....nice.

You did the right thing. Now when I was young, dumb and full of well, I would of walked up to the car and asked him what he was doing in my neighborhood at 0'dark hundred since I knew he didn't live there.

Be Safe,

NosaM
    "In a crisis, you will not rise to the occasion, but you will default to the level of your training."

Sounds like SA 1 BG 0 to me! Good job of heeding the warning signs and your gut feeling. +100 to you
    ~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

You sure did the right thing! Sure sounds like the guy was up to no good. Whether is was you or not for sure he was after is hard to say but sure sounds like you were a target.

Well done, and the right move to avoid a possible confrontation in the first place. You are here telling us the story, and that's the most important thing.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by UpOn2Wheels View Post
    Prepared or not, it's always best to walk away from trouble.
    Awesome advice!!
    The United States Constitution (c) 1791. All Rights Reserved

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    Excellent choice. Walking the other way rather than pursuing the path and hoping for the best is ALWAYS the better choice. Better to change your plans and not have to escalate the conflict than to have to draw a firearm. When in doubt head the other way!

Well done; you chose the best path for the situation and came out unscathed as a result. That is the absolute best case scenario.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Good move. Screw pride your life is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    On the other hand, maybe the guy had recently been broken into himself and was wanting to check out others roaming around the area. It may not be what you initially thought. I have done basically what this guy did when there were thiefs/suspects in the area.
    While wearing your hoodie pulled up over your head?

This is the best result.

You did good. Who knows, the guy could have had a sawed-off shotgun or something, maybe 2 friends hunkered down in the back seat. WAY better safe than sorry.
    "Be justified. Blood may be easily wiped from the sword.
    It cannot, however, be put back from where it came." --Quicksabre

Having read this entire 5 page thread, nowhere did I see this mentioned. With your entire arsenal you had with you, (which I find a little disturbing) you need two more pieces of vital armament.
    I would advise everyone to start carrying a pencil and paper with them. Something to jot down facts and details.

I got into the habit of carrying a business card and a pen with me everywhere I go. Usually not my business card either. I have been known to pick up a business card at a display and use the back of it for a note pad. It's tough, small and large enough to mark down descriptions and tag numbers.

Walking away was the smart thing to do. I hate to see intimidation win out. But, in this case, the paper work would have been a hassle, so I'd have let the opportunity to exercise my right to carry pass also. You were certainly prepared for a fight, just not the report.
    You may have saved his life, but do you think you might have jeopardized someone else’s by not having the correct information? Obviously if he was targeting you, he will, most likely, just go find someone else.

Somewhere down the road, an accurate description may just trigger a connection to another crime.

I have a friend in Georgia who goes to a deserted park to jog. He has a permit but never carries a gun. It's just a matter of time till some BG decides that he is fair game.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt58 View Post
    I would advise everyone to start carrying a pencil and paper with them. Something to jot down facts and details.\
    I use my cell phone, either on voice recording or in the notepad. Many people won't think to do that until they're shown that their phones have that function.

One time I saw a couple kids come from behind a vacant house and left a third bike at the side of the house broken. I always have my cell phone on me, so I simply hopped on my bike and tracked them down, stopped them, and took their information on my cell phone. Then when I called the cops (in case they were the ones who had stolen it or if they had hurt the property), I had all the information about the kids right there for the cop to read.

And easy thing to do, especially if you have a programmable phone like a Blackberry (which lets you choose which icons to display), put the voice recorder and notepad icons on the front of your phone. You can still access the notepad during a phone call to, say, 9-11.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links