Woman shoots and kills intruder

This is a discussion on Woman shoots and kills intruder within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; GRAVE-YARD DEAD!!! This man was going to be a problem, If he got into her house!! Great support from 911!! You don't know what you ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman shoots and kills intruder

GRAVE-YARD DEAD!!! This man was going to be a problem, If he got into her house!! Great support from 911!! You don't know what you would do till its presented to you as a threat!! I get tired of People saying "Well I'da done this and I'da done that! Till your time comes in a bad situation, You don't know squat!! She done good, She will have to live with, the trauma,, But she will be alive for another Christmas with her family!!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Doesn't really matter how bad the criminal was. He was a person, and she helped end it. That's not easy.
    A person wouldn't do something like that, only an animal that needs to be put away forever. It was done, bravo.
    Yes, it's easy for us armchair vigilantes(?) to critique, but the bottom line is there is one less repeat offender to let out of jail again.

Senior Moderator
    That recording is really hard to listen to, but it definitely shows what the aftermath of a shooting like this is like.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I listened to the dispatcher's conversation with the homeowner.At no time did the lady say she was afraid of the nut case that was trying to break in her house.She was more concerned about killing another human being.I am just glad her family taught this women how to handle a shotgun safely it saved her life! We need more stories where the good guys win!

Quote Originally Posted by Saber View Post
    “Heah mom do me a favor, do you have any coffee made?” Somehow, that sounded funny. Anyway, this may go down as the fastest court case in history, and the dispatcher deserves a medal.
    I immediately thought of the 'old days' when they sent the husband to boil some water to give him something to do...
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    I loved that comment "Grave Yard Dead"... She also made an excellent shot, hitting him center of chest... Hopefully, she won't have to hard a time getting over the trauma, but it will take time....
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Unfortunately a frothing at the mouth "Brady Bunch" DA could fry her because she said "I will shoot him" - denotes a pre-meditated intent.

DA - "This poor injured man who was involved in a single vehicle accident in a rural area, and his lady friend who was injured and unconscious. He was suffering from shock, was obviously trying to get to a phone to call for help when this visicious woman grabbed her large caliber shotgun and shot the man with out ever speaking to him, by warning him to stop or asking what he wants."

NOTE - I am in no way defending the dead guy. Good for the 'ol lady!!! 100% support for her actions on this end.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I don't care if the guy was breaking her door down to hand over her $1,000,000 check from "Publisher's Clearing House"!! No DA in the world could turn that FELONY into anything other than what it was....Breaking and Entering. I'm not sure about others interpretations, but "Fear for my Life" doesn't really need to be the main thought when it is my home that is being broken in to....violently. I don't really feel anything until AFTER the event, although I am aware of what may transpire.

At that point, I can call the DA and tell him myself that I plan on killing the man kicking in my door once he enters my home and still not be charged. It's not pre-meditated when it's defense, even if you plan how you'll react years in advance. This is homicide (the justifiable kind), not murder.

Some cases are too cut and dry, even for the Anti's. This is one of them..
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~Paul Howe

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    ... DA - "This poor injured man who was involved in a single vehicle accident in a rural area, and his lady friend who was injured and unconscious. He was suffering from shock, was obviously trying to get to a phone to call for help when this visicious woman grabbed her large caliber shotgun and shot the man with out ever speaking to him, by warning him to stop or asking what he wants"

Like you, I'm not defending the intruder. But this situation doesn't seem as "clear cut" to me as others see it. I am bothered to some extent by the fact that the intruder can be clearly heard repeatedly knocking on the door. I haven't come across many burglars/rapists/murderers who offer that courtesy beforehand. And the 911 caller was very calm --- too calm for the average person, in my opinion.

I come from a small, rural community in western Kansas. and about half the size (pop. 1100) of Chandler, OK, and about a half-day's drive away. Everyone knows everyone ... including the town drunk, the druggies, the wife-beaters, etc. If this guy was historically as much of a local nuisance as the news media and LEO's claim, I would imagine the 911 caller knew of him too. While she had a legal right to shoot (and I don't disagree with that), maybe she didn't fear him as much as one might be led to believe.

Yep --- Mr. Billy Dean Riley was drunk (and/or high) and a dumb*** for trying to break in to the woman's house. But, if I had met the muzzle of a shotgun for every time I was drunk and dumb in my life, I would have been dead a long time ago. I certainly hope I never run off into the bar-ditch in a rural area near Chandler, OK, and need to use someone's phone in an emergency.

-Seawolf
    "Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." - John Wayne
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IDPA Member & RSO, KSRA Life Member, NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor & RSO, KS CCH Instructor (www.thekasdg.com)

Showed this to my wife and said see!!

PLayed this one for my wife last night. WOW what an impressive imidiate response from her to secure the house and get more traing with soome of my (our) firearms.

This was just after she read in one of my magazines about a couple sitting eating and watching TV (samething we do allot) when CRASH and in come an intruder.

So she got a double dose of how "safe @ home" is shattered in an instant.

I say it's bout time she got it. Plus she pregnant and her protectiveness is becomeing more profound...I LOVE IT.

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf1956 View Post
    Like you, I'm not defending the intruder. But this situation doesn't seem as "clear cut" to me as others see it. I am bothered to some extent by the fact that the intruder can be clearly heard repeatedly knocking on the door. I haven't come across many burglars/rapists/murderers who offer that courtesy beforehand. And the 911 caller was very calm --- too calm for the average person, in my opinion.

I come from a small, rural community in western Kansas. and about half the size (pop. 1100) of Chandler, OK, and about a half-day's drive away. Everyone knows everyone ... including the town drunk, the druggies, the wife-beaters, etc. If this guy was historically as much of a local nuisance as the news media and LEO's claim, I would imagine the 911 caller knew of him too. While she had a legal right to shoot (and I don't disagree with that), maybe she didn't fear him as much as one might be led to believe.

Yep --- Mr. Billy Dean Riley was drunk (and/or high) and a dumb*** for trying to break in to the woman's house. But, if I had met the muzzle of a shotgun for every time I was drunk and dumb in my life, I would have been dead a long time ago. I certainly hope I never run off into the bar-ditch in a rural area near Chandler, OK, and need to use someone's phone in an emergency.

-Seawolf
    I would submit sir that if you are a convicted felon who has already violated several laws and then use a chair or some other means to "break" into a home then expect to be met with forceful rejection.

This has happened in several states and the results have been the same every time. It has happened here in Ohio where a drunk person went to the wrong address and was shot because he would not stop.

Being drunk is not an excuse for turning off your thought processes.
    The Second Amendment is about the right to be able to protect oneself from all who would do us harm including Legislators!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone Else's blood, don't care if I go out the same way

But, if I had met the muzzle of a shotgun for every time I was drunk and dumb in my life, I would have been dead a long time ago. I certainly hope I never run off into the bar-ditch in a rural area near Chandler, OK, and need to use someone's phone in an emergency.

-Seawolf
    Were you ever banging on a woman's door, when in your stated condition?
    I'm sure many folks get drunk and dumb, kinda go together, yet if you meet up with the business end of a shotgun, freeze.

<SNIP> Bla, bla, bla...<SNIP> But, if I had met the muzzle of a shotgun for every time I was drunk and dumb in my life, I would have been dead a long time ago. Sounds like you have been lucky in life thus far with your self admitted drunk and dumb behavior. I believe you had better stop before the odds catch up with you or someone who happens to be in your path.I certainly hope I never run off into the bar-ditch in a rural area near Chandler, OK, and need to use someone's phone in an emergency.When your drunk and dumb behavior puts you in the bar ditch please make sure you have a cell phone. Then good people (minding their business) such as this women do not have to become involved in your self admitted drunk and dumb behavior (call a fellow drunk dummy).

-Seawolf
    I hope this women heals from this, she is the victim, not the man with his picture taken in the nice orange suit! Take care...Jeff

Edit; I think your quote from the 'Duke' fits the deceased perfectly!

-Seawolf
    It's actually quite common for burglars to knock on a door. In some instances, to see if anyone is in the residence (if no one answers, the house is empty, you can rob it) or in some cases to get an easy in when the victim answers (force your way in the open door, deal with the victim).

When I was stationed in Washington State, the second happened to some guys in my platoon who were partying on new year's at one guy's house off post (a bunch of guys rushed the house when the wife answered the door, beat up all the guys inside and took their wallets). Since coming back home, the first has happened to a guy that goes to the same gym as me. The guy didn't answer the door, and the crook tried to break in through the bedroom window. My friend scared him away but was unarmed.

If someone breaks into your house, are you going to bet the life of yourself and your family on the intruder not being armed or not being violent?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links