Woman shoots and kills intruder

This is a discussion on Woman shoots and kills intruder within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 23 minute response time was not quick enogh for the bad guy NewsOK...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman shoots and kills intruder

Woman shoots and kills intruder

23 minute response time was not quick enogh for the bad guy

NewsOK

2. Remove Ads

An incredibly calm 911 call. I doubt I could be as level headed.
    Good for her.

Good tape, one that should be played for all women. The DOG's definitely did their job in alerting her and waking her up, delaying the guy as well, and as she said to her son... "I did what you told me to do" and her son & husband did their job in teaching her how to shoot the gun, etc. You can hear her racking the shotgun.

This guy's actions, reminds me of many I dealt with... where they used "initimidation" on their victims. Most violent offenses, the perp thinks that people are 'shocked' and won't 'act' and they can initimidate their victim into what they want. It's not working as much anymore, since people have CCL and are deciding not to be a victim.

I think it's great they taught her to use a shotgun, as a handgun... she may have missed and not stopped this guy, and he was a guy who obviously needed to be stopped. The shotgun obviously worked well as "the" self defense weapon of the day here. He was coming in one way or the other even when he knew she was there, and nothing good would have come of that.

So, instead of one dead victim, there is one dead BG. It's always sad that it happens at all, but if it does... this is a good outcome all the way around. I have to compliment the dispatcher for keeping their cool thru the whole thing, especially reassuring her that "you had to defend yourself".

Shot him in the kitchen and he landed on the porch...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

A job well done!
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Crappy situation.....illustrates the limitations of 911. Poor woman is still a victim because this guy forced her to kill him. I hope she is OK Post Event.

Did anybody pay attention to the Sheriff's name? CHUCK MANGION LMAO! But anyways a 56 year old woman and a shotgun DAMN!

Condolences to the woman. She obviously didn't want anything to do with the felon, or the situation.

Bright, to realize all the basics: stay in the house; shoot if needed; don't go near him; there might be other perps in the yard; wait for the cavalry; follow their instructions.

Not everyone gets such a long, sane time on the phone with official witnesses.

Kudos to teaching the dispatchers that citizens have every right to defend against attack. Kudos to the dispatcher for helping prop the citizen in throughout the ordeal.

Lessons:
    • Anyone can stop crime. You just need the means to do so, and the willingness to survive.
    • You don't want to be stopped and ventilated? Then, don't attack people in their own homes.

Now that that's all done with ... "Mom, did you get any coffee made?"
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Case and point. Everyone notice that his picture was a prison photo but the news media never mentioned a word about prior arrests, prior criminal history, or anything of the sort.

She did an awesmome job under the worst of circumstances.

Crime happens without an appointment
    2A is not negotiable

This lady has courage and a fighting spirit, that said she will still live with this all her remaining days.

Good news is she has remaining days and she stopped someone that in all likelihood would have keep going and doing the same thing to others.

Having lived in rural areas most of my life, I have never counted on LEOs being timely, just to much area for them to cover.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

This video should be an eye opening experience to people that think just calling 911 will save you,this lady is alive today because she was taught how to defend herself
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by searcher 45 View Post
    ... that said she will still live with this all her remaining days.
    I believe that's what she feared most: taking a life, and then having to live with that knowledge. Doesn't really matter how bad the criminal was. He was a person, and she helped end it. That's not easy.

I hope her family is pouring out the love for her, these days. She's going to need all the help they can give.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    This video should be an eye opening experience to people that think just calling 911 will save you

this lady is alive today because she was taught how to defend herself
    Absolutely.

911 cannot save you, unless by magic the police/sheriffs appear instantaneously (which ain't gonna happen in this lifetime).

YOU can save you, but only if you give yourself a fighting chance at survival, via acquiring the arms, training, ability and mindset. Without that, you're just another bloody end to an officer's day and, at best, a tick-mark in a book of statistics on a shelf somewhere. Want it to be otherwise? Get armed, get trained, get prepared. It's highly unlikely anything else will save you.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Billy Dean Riley Didn't Heed The Warning - Now He's Dead - The Dreamin' Demon

Billy Dean Riley, died on the scene from a gunshot wound to the chest. It is believed that he was under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or a combination of the two. Investigators say Riley, who has about 20 years worth of alcohol and drug convictions, and his sister had been driving near the Donna’s house when Riley landed his truck in a ditch. Authorities later found his 45-year-old sister, Patricia Totty, passed out in the passenger seat of that truck – it’s believed that drugs and alcohol may have played a factor in her unconsciousness. She was transported to a hospital and is said to be in good condition.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/print...8_hTulsa455013
    Mangion said Riley smelled of alcohol and had a lengthy history of drug and alcohol offenses.

Riley and his sister, who authorities said was heavily intoxicated, had been driving east of Jackson's home when Riley crashed his pickup.

It wasn't immediately clear why he went to Jackson's home.

Oklahoma's "Make My Day Law" gives residents the right to use deadly force against intruders in their homes.

I love hearing stories like this... It reminds us all that there is evil in the world and the business end of a firearm to stop it if need be. My hat goes off to the woman for being so calm... Nobody knows how they'll handle a situation like that until it is presented to them. Great job!
    It's better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it.
    H&K USP .45 compact
    Glock 27
    Ruger LCP (she's so cute!)

VIP Member
    “Heah mom do me a favor, do you have any coffee made?” Somehow, that sounded funny. Anyway, this may go down as the fastest court case in history, and the dispatcher deserves a medal.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links