What would you in this carjacking scenario

This is a discussion on What would you in this carjacking scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is based off a car jacking that happened a few years ago in this area. A young couple was in the car near a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you in this carjacking scenario

This is based off a car jacking that happened a few years ago in this area.

A young couple was in the car near a park at night, driving through. At a stoplight, they are told by two people at gunpoint to get out of the car. When they exit the car, they are then told to get into the trunk.

What would you do? In this case they decided to run, and the boyfriend was shot in the back while they ran. Died on scene and his girlfriend lived if I remember correctly.

For the sake some thoroughness, lets say two BG from the passenger side, one pulls a gun and tells you and your significant other to get out.

Personally, I would either get out of my car and let them take it or pop the clutch and run in the car.

My jeep is mostly windows though (wrangler) so i don't know how that would go.

Getting out and then being at gunpoint I honestly don't know what I would do, especially if they told me to get into the trunk.

Ideas?
    $cris@caferacer>wakeup.sh
    sudo apt-get install caffeine
    Password:
    Unpacking...
    Caffeine installed correctly
    $cris@caferacer>startday.sh

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I would floor it and take my chances. The only way my wife and I allow ourselves to be taken somewhere is if we are dead. We are not going with our hearts still beating.

Gas pedal with sweetie returning fire if needed.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

iwb
    Floor it and duck. And if I remember, unholster and prepare to shoot.

Sit back and plug your ears lady (she already knows this)...come to my window with a gun and a double tap is coming your way...then I floor it, his friend can stay and give assistance. These thugs need to become dead offenders, not repeat offenders...as Uncle Ted would say.

Do I sound harsh? I just want to go home in one piece. I'm not getting out of my car nor into the trunk. The guy in this report did not have a happy ending, I may not either, but I'm not go negotiate a surrender.
    I fear that I have become bitter in my old age...it's time to take back the streets...one dirtbag at a time.

Stay armed...guns save lives...fight crime, shoot back...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Sit back and plug your ears lady (she already knows this)...come to my window with a gun and a double tap is coming your way...then I floor it, his friend can stay and give assistance. These thugs need to become dead offenders, not repeat offenders...as Uncle Ted would say.

Do I sound harsh? I just want to go home in one piece. I'm not getting out of my car nor into the trunk. The guy in this report did not have a happy ending, I may not either, but I'm not go negotiate a surrender.
    I fear that I have become bitter in my old age...it's time to take back the streets...one dirtbag at a time.

As I understand the situation, victims are in the car, bg's are outside the victim's car. Whether you have time to draw/double tap or just hit the gas, retsupt's analysis is the only chance at survival that is a sure fire chance. Any other option has no tangible chance.
    Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is No Vice--Moderation in the Pursuit of Justice is No Virtue. - Senator Barry Goldwater

I don't know that I would be in that situation. When I stop at a light I glance around IF BG had a gun in hand he would get shot thru the glass (BTW a 45 in a car is LOUD)
    Flooring it is also a good option as is reverse and shoot straight out, all depends on the exact situation but getting out is not much of an option for me.
    Best defense is a good offense and violance of action but I just keep an eye open even when a "Homeless Vet " sign holder is at a light.
    I have often given such folks money but very much ready if it where a ruse.

Peddle to metal if at all possible!!!!!!

Double tap as second choice!!!!!!

Determine not to go down without a fight!!!!!!!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

+1 Im not getting out and neither is my wife. We are not getting in the trunk either. Bad guys 0 Unkle Harry +1
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

What's the rule? Never let yourself be moved to a second crime scene?

If somehow you were taken out of the car before being able to floor it, I would likely run or fight (run is the best option). Never let yourself be moved to a second location... ever. You will not live, so you might as well go down either fighting or fleeing.

In a "bad" area [dark, deserted, or urban slum [why are you there]] never actually stop. You are the only vehicle, do a rolling stop. Don't let other cars block you in.

If you're stopped, a fast get a way, [ think John Force] if the car jacker is in front, you can wash the bumper the next day.

Of course be real sure it is a car-jacking.

On a lighter note, when I win the lottery, I'll find an H2 Hummer and have it bullet-proofed all around. It is the bomb proofing that is so expensive.

If a car-jacker approaches with gun drawn [not an RPG] I'll hold up the sign [or turn on the electric sign]
    Up yours, MF
    The gun ports will open and the modified TASER will get him with about 1 million volts set on a timer, 2 sec ON, 15 off, then 1 sec, variable delay.
    The stereo will play Another One Bites the Dust on the loudspeakers.
    The People Think the Constitution Protects Their Rights;
    Government See IT as an Obstacle to be Over-come.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Legally (in FL) you can use deadly force if someone ties to force you out of your car. Having said that, how many of us could retrieve our weapons and use it when someone has already stuck their guns in our faces? I bet a lot more think they can than actually could.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Legally (in FL) you can use deadly force if someone ties to force you out of your car. Having said that, how many of us could retrieve our weapons and use it when someone has already stuck their guns in our faces? I bet a lot more think they can than actually could.

Agreed. I think a more realistic car-jack scenario would be that even those of us who are carrying would have to get out of the car at gun point.

If the perp wants my car from there, he can have it. I likely wouldn't draw unless I thought he was continuing to threaten me directly or there were others involved such as my kid in the back seat.

In the above scenario, it sounds like you and your spouse would be removed from the car at gun point. Then, if they asked to get in the trunk it's time to do some acting while finding a way to quickly get your weapon and defend yourself before being put in that coffin.

In this scenerio, there is no way in hell I would have gotten in the trunk of the car. Keep in mind that my thinking when it comes down to these situations is that Im already dead no matter what I do....so guess what, Im not going out without a fight...especially if I have a loved one with me. Now back to your scenerio, I would have asked the BG if he wanted my wallet (distract him)...I would have then proceeded to put my hand toward my back as if I were going to get my wallet, at this point I pull out the gun and start blazing.

Please dont get me wrong...Im not a cowboy and dont intend to be one, but this is one of many scenerios that I have gone through in my mind over and over again. My thinking during these scenerios is that Im gonna be dead anyway, so why give up. During my life time, I have had to pull out my handgun one time only...thank god nothing happened but at the moment I pulled it out...I had resigned to the fact that I might die....but I was not going to die alone...I would have taken a few others with me.

I know this seems sort of harsh...hell some individuals might think it is flat out crazy but always remember that when someone pulls a gun on you...they have left you no choice....someone will die or will be on the verge of knocking on death's door.
    Remember as a rule of thumb in defensive carry...your intention is always to STOP....not to hurt, however; in a gun fight, its either me or them.....and Im sure as hell that it will NOT be me.
    -joey rh

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar

+1 never comply with the BG's you need to maintain as much control over the situation as possible..

Double tap the guy with the gun... then
    hit the gas and have your passenger give covering fire...
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links