Whats this world coming to when a 9 mo. pregnant woman has to come to a officers aid?

Whats this world coming to when a 9 mo. pregnant woman has to come to a officers aid?

This is a discussion on Whats this world coming to when a 9 mo. pregnant woman has to come to a officers aid? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A pregnant woman heroically came to the rescue of an Alton police officer earlier this week and the incident was captured by a dashboard camera, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats this world coming to when a 9 mo. pregnant woman has to come to a officers aid?

VIP Member

A pregnant woman heroically came to the rescue of an Alton police officer earlier this week and the incident was captured by a dashboard camera, according to KRGV-TV

Angela Gutierrez -- who is nine months pregnant -- was driving with her husband and child, when she witnesses a group of teens attack the officer.

these are excerpts from the article, Link below,,

http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Video--Pregnant-Woman-Aids-Texas-Officer/1$49719

Says she was with her husband,(possible big guy on phone?)
    and what about complacent neighbors standing around not wanting trouble with the gang-bangers in the future??

INSANE!!

"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws...you create a nation of law-breakers and then you cash in on guilt."
    Ayn Rand
    Last edited by oneshot; December 12th, 2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: try to fix link
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

_I saw this on the news! That was ridiculous. Poor guy will never live that down from the his peers/fellow LEOs. I wonder why the other men in the area didnt do more to help, rather than her being the one to have to get involved. Im concerned about how she is doing regarding her pregnancy tho. The Husband should have done more himself.
    Don't Knock The HU$TLE! When all else fails, I have a HU$TLER's Ambition! When the economy goes to crap, I will maintain and u wont! The hunger I have to survive, and your inability to handle the struggles we have ahead is what seperates you & I!

Man that's just crazy, why didn't her husband do anything? I applaud this womans courage, glad she didn't get hurt.

It,s a shame that people will stand by and let a gang of thugs beat a leo up or a woman get raped. There are some sorry people in this world. That woman should get a metal for bravery. I don't think much of her husband for not jumping in to protect his wife and the leo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    It,s a shame that people will stand by and let a gang of thugs beat a leo up or a woman get raped. There are some sorry people in this world. That woman should get a metal for bravery. I don't think much of her husband for not jumping in to protect his wife and the leo.
    _Well actually calling the police in public view is considered a act of bravery in neighborhoods inhabited by gang members/affiliates. What he did may actually have him on somebody's HIT List. He made the call anyway, because it was the right thing to do. I do agree tho, that he should have did more regarding protection of the LEO & his wife tho. I would have dropped that phone in a heart beat. But then again, that means that help may take longer to arrive right? Getting back up onsite for the officer was important too lets not forget.
    Don't Knock The HU$TLE! When all else fails, I have a HU$TLER's Ambition! When the economy goes to crap, I will maintain and u wont! The hunger I have to survive, and your inability to handle the struggles we have ahead is what seperates you & I!

Quote Originally Posted by HUSTLEnomics View Post
    _Well actually calling the police in public view is considered a act of bravery in neighborhoods inhabited by gang members/affiliates. What he did may actually have him on somebody's HIT List. He made the call anyway, because it was the right thing to do. I do agree tho, that he should have did more regarding protection of the LEO & his wife tho. I would have dropped that phone in a heart beat. But then again, that means that help may take longer to arrive right? Getting back up onsite for the officer was important too lets not forget.
    A friend of mine lived in the hood. He would never let me come over or pick him up or drop him off, unless I wasn't driving my car.

I drove a White Crown Victoria. He said that if anyone saw him getting out of my car it'd get him killed.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

VIP Member
    http://www.officer.com/web/online/Top-News-Stories/Video--Pregnant-Woman-Aids-Texas-Officer/1$49719

Here the link.

Most women 9 month into a pregnancy can't even walk with out waddling.
    Kuddos to her for acting instead of standing around and watching.
    -1 to her husband for not stepping up in her place and giving her the phone to call 911
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

That happened close to where I live,that lady needs a medal,her hubby needs a dress
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    That happened close to where I live,that lady needs a medal,her hubby needs a dress
    Good one!!! They say to never get between momma bear and her cubs. The same applies to humans.

I bet this lady gets one heck of a get put of jail free card for tickets.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

With the recent killings of officers in WA state, gangs feel they can do anything. I hope citizens are on the lookout whenever a cop is in trouble.

I saw the video and was amazed how none of the neighbors came to help.

This lady deserves a medal. She has more guts than all the guys standing around watching like a bunch of sissies.
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Man that is a sad siuation when a Cop can't get help from its citizens...it takes a pregnant women to help.

I am glad that the suspects got caught but I wonder if these guys had an accident and fell down yet....that seems to happen to suspects that attack cops...........its weird
    "You fight the way you Train"

Why bash the cop - the woman wasn't getting attacked. It would take a very special kind of jerk to punch her or knock her down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links