Should I be worried about this? - Page 2

Should I be worried about this?

This is a discussion on Should I be worried about this? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This seems to obvious to be a threat almost, but you can never be too safe. I would suspect that these guys had a reason ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I be worried about this?

This seems to obvious to be a threat almost, but you can never be too safe. I would suspect that these guys had a reason for what they were doing but probably not to case stuff out. They may have been looking for potential jobs of any kind, taking video footage of something in your neighborhood to show another client, etc.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

I have a “high index of suspicion”. Anything out of place is bad until proven otherwise. I would not “worry” about it, but I would be more aware of things in my neighborhood. I would also contact the local PD.
    They were filming for a reason, we have no idea what that reason is. Remember, things are not always as they seem. They could be a burglary crew casing, could be crew from a TV show like “It takes a thief” or it could be LE getting ready to raid your neighbor for selling meth.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    I notice two mexican gentlemen,
    I may get flamed for this, but i have to say, i hate seeing this time and time again.

You may not mean anything by it, but there is no way of knowing these gentlemen were "mexican". Even if "mexicans" live in the area, these guys could have been cuban, honduran, salvadorian, etc etc etc.

Just my opinion, but maybe saying "hispanic" would show that you at least know there could be a difference.
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

Quote Originally Posted by Dihappy View Post
    I may get flamed for this, but i have to say, i hate seeing this time and time again.

You may not mean anything by it, but there is no way of knowing these gentlemen were "mexican". Even if "mexicans" live in the area, these guys could have been cuban, honduran, salvadorian, etc etc etc.

Just my opinion, but maybe saying "hispanic" would show that you at least know there could be a difference.

I bet it's just as annoying as when people call me Chinese

I'm Korean.

Doesn't offend it's just annoying.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Quote Originally Posted by Dihappy View Post

Not to derail the thread, but how about a description like this:

"Two other than white, mexican appearing males." :) That's as PC as I can be today. I do agree that they could've been something other than mexican, but we do tend to categorize based upon past experiences, and around here that means mexican.

Biker

that would surely get my radar going into overdrive. it's one thing to drive slow
    on snowy roads but with a cam corder. i'm sure thier not taping christmas lights.
    keep the eyes peeled i would. were you able to get a plate number. well good
    luck to ya and STAY SAFE.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

If you see something, or someone, that catches your attention as being "out of the norm" then follow your instincts and call the police with a description. It may be nothing, but your first instincts may be correct. Depending on the demographics of your community, diversity may be the norm or may not. My community has very little diversity, but my family has quite a bit. I see people looking at us sometimes trying to figure out the dynamics. My daughter is Mexican and she is likely to experience negative encounters in her lifetime...I hope that she uses our Christian upbringing to deal with it positively.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

The United States is PC-ing itself into oblivion. Every LEO in the nation knows that "Mexican" means Hispanic/Latino, it's a description not a slur.
    Make the report in plain language. This was suspicious behavior.
    BTW Shalom!

It has nothing to do with PC'ness and alot to do with education.

However since many have used that word to describe "hispanics" since they were knee high to a cricket, and unwilling to change their verbiage for the better, they will most always throw the PC card as a defense.
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

I surely would inform the police.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    If had cell phn with video capability - next time if happens - video them back.
    For God, Family and Country!

VIP Member
    Around here that wouldn't even be something to notice. Folks drive up and down the cul-de-sac all the time. Some look for odd jobs, some look to buy a used car or truck, some are private detectives and process servers making dry runs--no doubt. Maybe they were working for Google street? (yeah, I know, doesn't seem so). Could just be two guys with a new toy they are checking out.

I think calling the cops is over-reacting unless there is more to the story or to their behavior.

As to the PC stuff, we have so very many folks of Mexican heritage in our town, and also probably lots of illegals, that not much of anything would work if they weren't part of the community. I can't think of a trade or occupation that is not filled with folks of Mexican heritage. From bail bondsmen to lawyer. From ER doc to AC mechanic and electrician. From city worker to guys with a shovel. I absolutely do not fear this (majority?) population here. I respect their work ethic and family values.

I don't speak PC and I'm not going to adjust my speech. I call it like I see it and there are alot of mexicans around here.

Anyway, nothing much has changed. I never did call the PD because I talked myself out of it. I did let me neighbor know and he said he'd keep a watchful eye as well.

After calling the police, and hugging the glock, what else have you done to protect your home?

Security system is nice and checking the windows and doors on a regular bases also help with this problem of being cased, and adds up to a safer home.

If I understood the post right the neighbor hood is new, so start the watch your self by taking to your neighbors.

As the ecomony worsens we can all expect to see crime rise and home invasions and theft rise also.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

I don't speak PC and I'm not going to adjust my speech. I call it like I see it and there are alot of mexicans around here.
    That’s not a very good attitude to have on this forum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links