Should I be worried about this?

This is a discussion on Should I be worried about this? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just moved into a new house in a cul-de-sac a few months ago, all new homes in it. Today I was out shoveling my ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I be worried about this?

I just moved into a new house in a cul-de-sac a few months ago, all new homes in it. Today I was out shoveling my driveway, one or two others were as well and all had our garage doors open. As I'm at the base of my driveway finishing, this truck pull into the sac and is driving VERY slowly. He drives the entire sac hugging the curb. As he gets to me and my house I notice two mexican gentlemen, the passenger is holding a video camera pointed out and panning back and forth on the houses as they pass. I went inside and wrote down a description of the truck, but their plate was covered in snow. Any advice? Should I be worried?

I don't consider myself a paranoid person in the least, but this freaked the crap out of me. I've been hugging my Glock ever since.

VIP Member
    I would call the local PD and relay the info you have, never know what they may be up to but it would give the PD a heads up just to be on the safe side.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I would call the local PD and relay the info you have, never know what they may be up to but it would give the PD a heads up just to be on the safe side.
    +1 Call the police and keep your glock close JIC.

I call the PD also. Do you have any sort of neighborhood watch? If so I'd pass the info on to them as well.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws... serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Cesare Beccaria

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Ditto !!!! Yes, I would be concerned and think you are right to be. I think some due diligence would be in order for awhile. The camera wasn't for "nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by mamakennedy View Post
    I call the PD also. Do you have any sort of neighborhood watch? If so I'd pass the info on to them as well.
    +1...By notifying the cops you may find out that the vehicle/occupants descriptions you gave to them fits a string of robberies. Police may be able to snatch these guys off the streets before your Glock is able to disperse those eternal sleeping pills!
    Don't Knock The HU$TLE! When all else fails, I have a HU$TLER's Ambition! When the economy goes to crap, I will maintain and u wont! The hunger I have to survive, and your inability to handle the struggles we have ahead is what seperates you & I!

I had a guy casing the house across the road a while back. It was vacant at the time. When I gave a description of the vehicle the responding officer knew exactly who it was! Small town, but you never know who's on their radar. Stopped him, got some lame excuse, but never saw him again. Call them.

You never know these days. Make a report IMO. You could be thwarting a possible crime or solving one with your info. Just because the cruisers appeared to be Hispanic means nothing really...they may show their video to a rich cousin and come back and offer you cash money for your house next week. You just never know. Being overly suspicious of everything can keep us alive.

Similar story. Not too long ago, a couple of middle eastern looking men where filming high school kids as they arriving to school. As you can imagine, the area went crazy, FBI, Homeland Security, the whole bunch.

After the media managed to get every parent scared to let there kids go to school. It turns out they (the men filming) where simply amazed that in America, kids went to school in these beautiful buildings, and got there on shiny orange buses.

one line edited out...qks
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Simple answer. REPORT IT TO THE COPS.

~Steve
    BETTER TO BE TRIED BY 12 THAN CARRIED BY 6
    Hesitation kills faster than a bullet.
    If your head is up your *$$ you are unaware of danger. You are in the perfect position to kiss it goodbye.
    Open Carry LAW for Pennsylvania
    http://www.thecrimsonpirate.com/rtkb...pdate_2009.pdf

one line edit....qks

Actually, one of my neighbors goes out of his way to welcome the 'slow lookers' (very slow drivers, magazine salesmen, etc.)...he will come out and take a picture of the driver and then the license plate. These unusual visitors don't seem to want to stick around or come back.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HUSTLEnomics View Post
    +1...By notifying the cops you may find out that the vehicle/occupants descriptions you gave to them fits a string of robberies. Police may be able to snatch these guys off the streets before your Glock is able to disperse those eternal sleeping pills!
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    I had a guy casing the house across the road a while back. It was vacant at the time. When I gave a description of the vehicle the responding officer knew exactly who it was! Small town, but you never know who's on their radar. Stopped him, got some lame excuse, but never saw him again. Call them.

Probably^^^^^^^

Or they might have been landscapers looking for potential customers in a new sub
    JMHO

Maybe^^^^^^???

Call the cops for the record

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I would have thrown snow balls at them. Call the cops.

Administrator
    Folks....choose your words carefully - keep the forum rules in mind on these sorts of threads.

6. We do not discriminate in regards to religion, race, creed, gender, sexual preference, or national origin, nor will we tolerate, on this forum, those that do.
    Racial, ethnic, or religious slurs appearing in posts will be removed.

OK - I am not doing any more post edits or post deletes.

The ball is now in the Member Court as to if this thread stays open or it gets closed.

Call the police and describe the activity. I'm pretty sure these guys were not into real estate.Make sure your garage door is down at all times when it is not in immediate use. I use a manual lock on mine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links