When we are most vulnerable - Page 5

When we are most vulnerable

This is a discussion on When we are most vulnerable within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Divebum47 I have an alarm system in my house, and unlike many who do, I don't have the "protected by............" signs in ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: When we are most vulnerable

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    I have an alarm system in my house, and unlike many who do, I don't have the "protected by............" signs in my yard or on my windows. And for the same reason I don't advertise that I carry a weapon. Why give the BG information he/she can use against you? If the BG knows I have an alarm, he will devise a way to defeat it if he wants in bad enough.
    If I were hungry and there was an apple sitting on the table and another sealed inside a 1 inch thick plexiglass cube, I think I would just pick up the one on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Divebum47 View Post
    The problem with this strategy is that if weapons are placed where you can get them in a hurry, a BG would most likely have access as well. I have an alarm system in my house, and unlike many who do, I don't have the "protected by............" signs in my yard or on my windows. And for the same reason I don't advertise that I carry a weapon. Why give the BG information he/she can use against you? If the BG knows I have an alarm, he will devise a way to defeat it if he wants in bad enough.
    If I were a thief, I would bypass a home with a "protected by............" sign in the yard & go to the next house not displaying a sign.....just sayin.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

Quote Originally Posted by ZX9RCAM View Post
    If I were a thief, I would bypass a home with a "protected by............" sign in the yard & go to the next house not displaying a sign.....just sayin.
    Those of us who are not thieves seldom think like thieves. If I were a thief and saw a sign and knew the house was alarmed, I'd think there was something inside worth ripping off. You do make a good point, and I'd imagine that the signs do scare off some thieves. It's kinda like a lock on the barn. Keeps honest people honest.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links