What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think I would draw and work my way down the food chain so to speak....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

VIP Member
    I think I would draw and work my way down the food chain so to speak.

2. Remove Ads

In MN rape itself is not legal grounds for deadly force, I clearly remember that from my class, however you say a toddler is involved which makes this cut and dry as far as I'm concerned, rape on a toddler could very well be fatal from hemorrhaging not to mention the life long mental damage.

This is my take on the legal aspect of it here.

I would point to the 'mouth' of the group and inform him that the 'fun run' is now over. I/we, may lose the battle but "YOU" (the mouth) are the first person whose lights I'm putting out...any more words by anyone and I begin shooting. My reaction when I truly fear for my life will be quick and violent...no time to play games...life is for real.
    In the first place, getting me surrounded will be close to impossible without a warning already given about staying back. Once that warning goes unanswered...I will have already begun to fear for my life...
    I'm too old for this 'who is tougher crap'...threaten me and I will respond within my legal rights.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    General Provisions of the Act
    A person may use deadly force with no duty to retreat if (PA 309):
    1. They are not engaged in a crime
    2. They are in a place they have a legal right to be
    3. They honestly and reasonably believe deadly force is necessary
    4. The deadly force is used to prevent imminent death, great bodily harm, or sexual assault of the person or another

In Michigan if they are posing the question to me they are getting lead^^^^^^

Above is the law

"It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Slavery has so frightful an aspect to men accustomed to freedom, that it must steal in upon them by degrees and must disguise itself in a thousand shapes in order to be received."
    David Hume,1742
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

attack the leader first then take his boys apart one by one. and if they came out on top i wouldn't care because i would be dead. because i wouldnt just sit down and let it happen i promise atleast my wife and daughter would escape

I would give them one verbal warning that they have ONE chance to walk away.

IF they dont comply IMMEDIATLY I would draw and shoot as fast and accuratly as I could.

I WILL NOT watch my wife be raped, I will do life behind bars for her..
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    I frequently go over scenarios in my head about what to do if a situation occurs.

If you, your wife, and toddler daughter were out and a group of guys surrounded you in a not so public area. They tell you that they are going to satisfy themselves with your wife and daughter and if I sit back and don't try and be a hero we can all walk away alive.

What would you do?? I know what I would do (draw and hope they back off if not you know how it would end for them) BUT how would the law interpret it? Our lives were not in danger (we wouldn't know that for a fact) so says the BGs.
    Are you telling us that at that point in time you would have to take into consideration "how the law would interpret it?"

Of course not. Therefore, you have answered your own question -- The old law = "Common Sense 101."
    Live every day so that you can, with a clear conscience, look all men in their eyes and tell them to go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by jp3276 View Post
    Draw and give warning. If they proceed it's time to start shooting.
    If you are justified to draw, it's too late to give warning.
    My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Reminds me of a story my grandfather use to tell. Him and granny were on a train when three guys with guns got on and proclaimed they were going to rob the men and rape the women. Grandfather pleaded, go ahead rob us men, but please leave the women alone. At that point granny stood up and said "you gonna let this skinny b------ tell you how to rob a train".
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I cant tell you this...I'd rather do 50years then do nothing!!! I'd draw and the first one who moves WILL STOP MOVING FOR GOOD. My wife and kids is all i have in this world that is truly mine and i will protect with my dying breath.
    The words can't and impossible are honey only to lips of losers. "Keith Matt(Me)"

Ruger KP95
    Glock 22/ PT145/ Pardner Pump Tactical/ Century AK-74

After they said something like that? I wouldn't even give warning. Point and shoot.

"Officer, I genuinely feared for the lives of me and my family"...the pile of dead guys can't testify otherwise.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Most groups like to talk usually with a leader doing the talking. I would respond to what the leader said, at the same time moving my family to a place that they could run through the hole in the line that I create when I start shooting. Ie... along a wall, they have to have an escape, I have to ensure, that the BG attention is on me, so they can live. In a situation like you describe my job is to either take out the threat to my wife, daughter and son or fight long enough for them to get safe before I am taken out.

1. They, the perps, have begun the situation. They can choose not to do so, but have crossed the line. They have no value on human life or liberty.

2. Can you honestly trust the thugs who would gang-rape and allow you to be a witness to it? They won't allow you to live pure and simple. Your deaths will not be quick or painless.

3. A very large, messy, blood-oozing hole in "Mr. Mouthpiece" followed by repeated applications to him will get the message across. Should the others not get the message, repeat as necessary to them until they do.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

bang bang bang

I wouldn't give any warning. They already clearly stated their intentions.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links