What would you do?

What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I frequently go over scenarios in my head about what to do if a situation occurs. If you, your wife, and toddler daughter were out ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

What would you do?

I frequently go over scenarios in my head about what to do if a situation occurs.

If you, your wife, and toddler daughter were out and a group of guys surrounded you in a not so public area. They tell you that they are going to satisfy themselves with your wife and daughter and if I sit back and don't try and be a hero we can all walk away alive.

What would you do?? I know what I would do (draw and hope they back off if not you know how it would end for them) BUT how would the law interpret it? Our lives were not in danger (we wouldn't know that for a fact) so says the BGs.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    In PA I'd be set. I fear seriously bodily harm/death of me or my loved ones, I have no means of escape. I'd draw on them.

VIP Member
    Yah, I believe that rape consitutes reasonable assumption of potentially lethal assault. Draw (1st - which includes a loudly stated warning) and then shoot if they continue to engage.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Florida allows deadly force in the case of a "forcible felony(including rape)," which I'm sure would fit this case. That includes in defense of others.

I would draw (use of deadly force by law), warn, and shoot at the first sign of an attack. There's NO doubt I'd protect my family--at all costs, physically or legally.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Rape is considered as serious physical and mental harm by me, and I am sure by my wife and daughters. It would also be considered serious mental harm to me if I sat by and did not do everything in my power to prevent it. That being said, they get a strong warning, that if not heeded, will end in stronger measures being taken to prevent such serious harm from occurring.

I would rather live behind bars than to live with the thought that I just sat back and let them do that to my family.

VIP Member
    In Utah, deadly force is legal against a forcible felony, including rape.
    They get shot. I'm not letting that happen to ANYONE, let alone my family.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Draw and give warning. If they proceed it's time to start shooting. No way I am going to sit back and let anything happen to my family.
    "The theory that the children of the Commonwealth are the charge of the Commonwealth is a pagan one, derived from heathen Sparta and Platoís heathen republic, and connected by regular, logical sequence with legalized prostitution and the dissolution of the conjugal tie." R.L. Dabney

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    Verbal threat against family. Im not to concerned with the legality of shooting them all. Still Florida you're covered pretty much totally.
    Im not too up on the draw and warn at that kind of situation, its already gone from potentially dangerous to lethal threat level in my mind.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

please delete
    Last edited by BikerRN; December 16th, 2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo

Immediately shoot the leader of the group,followed by the second in command and so forth until it gets down to one on one. Then shoot him.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crankshop1000 View Post
    Immediately shoot the leader of the group,followed by the second in command and so forth until it gets down to one on one. Then shoot him.
    I love it!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

In this case, my response is I don't care what the law says. I defend my family. If I have my gun I'm drawing and will shoot if the situation escalates. If I don't have my gun I'm drawing my knife; if I'm caught with my pants down so to speak, then we get to have a good old fashion brawl and no one goes home happy. If someone gets the chance to beat or rape my wife/ kids and I'm around then then I'm dead.

The Patriot - Mel Gibson

Quote Originally Posted by crankshop1000 View Post
    Great movie.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    the one with the mouth goes down first...after that my first improper comment would probably be "if that does not satisfy the rest of you i will continue until it does"..."now please step away while we wait for the police to arrive"...

if there is one thing i will not tolerate it is a threat to my family and i will dispatch it without second thought or concern for my legal future...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links