Gimme your wallet and your keys...or else!

This is a discussion on Gimme your wallet and your keys...or else! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is what I think for what it is worth. If there is a weapon pointed at me, im assuming it is loaded, and the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gimme your wallet and your keys...or else!

Here is what I think for what it is worth. If there is a weapon pointed at me, im assuming it is loaded, and the BG IS going to shoot/kill me. Im going to reach for my wallet which is actually my xdm, and im firing a double tap, followed by a roll, and go from there. My life is worth more to me than the BG.

2. Remove Ads

There are so many variable for this type of situation where the only constant is having the proper mindset, tools and will to survive. Nobody is perfect and can slip up especially when shopping during the holiday season. Best not to assume you will not be assaulted even with compliance and have the mindset to not comply, always assume the worst as in they will shot you if a gun is pointed in your face.
    Stay Safe,
    Kevin

CSSDSD Instructor
    ASP Instructor
    ACCJT Certified LEO DT Instructor
    NRA Instructor

So far, during recent Wal-Mart parking-lot robberies, in Moraine, Ohio: Robbers take women's purses and run with guns, not hurting them yet, meeting no resistance, wanting to get away quick because of other customers nearby. They have been on security cameras. Sooner than later, somebody is going to pull a "Pink Lady" out of their purse and make them hurt.

It's great! I'm forwarding it to one and to all!

A Krav Maga insructor once said that after you give him your valuables all you have left to give him is your life, and it's his to take if you comply.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

I feel that in this situation, you should defend yourself. If said BG has his weapon within your arms reach, pretend for the wallet, grab his gun as they teach in Krav Maga and direct it away from you, while drawing your gun and firing from your hip into his open torso.

I am assuming his weapon is within arms reach, as you will be handing him your wallet. If he's not, you're at more of a disadvantage but the wallet fake/draw will probably still really catch the BG off guard enough to get the jump on him.

Either way sucks, but I wouldn't leave it in the BG's hand whether you live or die. The crime itself shows that the guy is messed up in the head, but how messed up...
    S&W 3913 9MM
    Remington 870 Express Magnum
    Remington 721 30-06, Choate Varmint Stock, Harris Bipod, 6-24x50 Tasco Scope(Cheapo)
    Savage .17 HMR

MJK
    I've thought about this scenario quite a bit - it's fairly common. That's why I carry a throw-down wallet on my weak side. I've practiced reaching for the wallet and tossing it on the ground to his strong side so he has to reach down to pick it up with his weak hand. While this is going on and his attention is diverted I'm drawing, moving and presenting.

Anyway that's the theory...the best laid plans are useless when the battle starts.

I just read a post that referenced a story where a man in St. Louis was robbed at gunpoint, surrendered his wallet and was still shot twice.
    You never know how it's going to play out.

My wallet is available to my weak hand, while my pistol is available to my strong hand. With the right amount of subterfuge, apparent fear, histrionics, blading/shielding my body to hide visibility of my motion to grab my pistol, I believe it is entirely possible to draw on an armed criminal. Much harder to shield the movements when it's one on one. Much simpler when he's got two or more people to manage, with much more going on. Much simpler when folks are falling apart and he's going nuts trying to distinguish "false" moves through all of the movement of hands and bodies.

As to whether I would do something, it would come down to circumstances. Does the perp seem to manage the space well, pay attention well, see what's going on; numbers of people; day or dark; can I shield my movements on my strong hand side; can I toss my wallet or otherwise divert his attention while I draw; etc. Won't have an idea of whether it's likely or even possible until the situation unfolds. Even then, I might get it wrong.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Let me see if I've got this straight?
    BG points a gun at me and demands my wallet(sorry no purse for this girl), my firearm is at 3:30 my wallet it in my right rear pocket.
    There is a very good chance my gun will come out before the wallet does.
    Anybody pointing a gun at me, has already made my decision for me, I'm not taking the odds that BG suddenly becomes a nice guy and just leaves with my wallet, If he's leaving it will be with the addition of lead.
    Walmarts: I never go there alone, day or night, anytime of year, we go together and both of us are armed. Pull a gun we split up and both draw. Does the BG shoot one or the other or get smart and leave while he can?
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    yep!!!^^^^^^^^

I,m thinking along these lines also, "are these MOFO"S w/you??
    Draw /bang / run/ MAYBE bang again??
    Who knows for sure
    Situation sucks for the GG

Below read is the best we can hope for;;

You will never begin in the fight you have planned for. You will begin in the fight the other guy has planned for.
    Move in a manner that leads him into your fight should he press his attack.
    Mathew Courtney
    Well put oneshot!
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    So far, during recent Wal-Mart parking-lot robberies, in Moraine, Ohio: Robbers take women's purses and run with guns, not hurting them yet, meeting no resistance, wanting to get away quick because of other customers nearby. They have been on security cameras. Sooner than later, somebody is going to pull a "Pink Lady" out of their purse and make them hurt.
    Hard to pull it out of your purse when they snatch it from you. I advise my girl to not carry it there. Too vunerable.

If he snatches her purse - she still has her 60LS handy.

The beauty of it alone should make 'em stop in wonderment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links