KCPD shooting (dash video, not graphic)

This is a discussion on KCPD shooting (dash video, not graphic) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Im a sailor... one of the ones that shot 20,000 rds a year of 5.56 and 7.62 and 45acp etc.. what i will say is ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KCPD shooting (dash video, not graphic)

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Im a sailor... one of the ones that shot 20,000 rds a year of 5.56 and 7.62 and 45acp etc.. what i will say is under pressure you become animal like and lose alot of normal focus and dexterity however this can be mitigated with proper training. Not just a week of range training a year. Police depts need to spend a lot more money on tactical training and shooting drills for their officers.

Glad they came out on top.
    Last edited by HotGuns; December 12th, 2009 at 11:56 PM. Reason: off topic
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Thats funny; you guys are criticizing the speed of a tactical reload.

Not many people would even think to do that.

Yeah, the fat cop is fat. Looks horrible and unprofessional, donuts, etc blah blah blah...however, he did his job just fine in this particular situation.
    +1 Sixto

Last edited by HotGuns; December 12th, 2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: off topic
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    A bit of a repost from the other day, more complete videos here:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...oting-vid.html

...might be worth combing them
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    No, he would not be my partner. He would not be able to keep up with me. I also like my arm rest and cup holder in my cruiser. I've already said it looks horrible and unprofessional. I'm the first guy to ride the fat cop to a desk or a tread mill. I know what it means to have a fat cop. Its not good on a number of levels. Case in point, this converstation. Instead of people talking about the merits of the situation, everybody wants to harp on the fat cop. Its "hey, look at the stereotypical fat cop!", Not, "Wow, what a tough situation to be in, and still come out on top!" or "What can I learn from this video?".

Maybe some are harping on the ''fat cop'' but my comment was not harping nor a doughnut slur. It was an observation of the video.

My point is, lay off the guy. We don't know his situation. He might be a great cop otherwise. He might have a medical condition. We simply do not know. In this situation, he had no faults. He did a fine job as far as the video shows. Him being fat has nothing to do with the shooting.

You are correct, he may be a great cop and may have done a good job in this case. My overall point is his weight is a big disadvantage in many ways for a person in a dangerous field.

And donut jokes are so old. No, they don't offend me. Not much does. What does offend me is the lack of thought and intelligence involved when people make such remarks. At least come up with an original thought to make your point. If you are going to make a joke, at least make it a funny one.
    When we post a video for comments they are bound to include comments and discussions about any and everything. To look beyond the shooting itself and into other observations from the video would be people who are observing factors that can play into a self defense situation.
    Physical fitness is a big factor.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

VIP Member
    Well when I look at these kind of videos my first concern is that the coppers or other innocents involved are alive and safe at it's end.

My second thought is how can I learn from this situation and apply better tactics for my own survival. Physical fitness is a serious lesson here and one worth pointing out. If mentioning it relegates me to the donuts joke crowd, well, so be it. I however never made any jokes as I am very serious about opportunities to learn how to stay alive. I am motivated to point out those lessons to others as I have been reminded of their seriousness.

The point is learning, that's all.

One thing I've observed is: I don't want to allow myself to get to be too fat to get off the "X"!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Have to admit,
    The tac. reload seemed slow.
    The big guy used cover well.

Can you imagine looking into the eyes of a guy trying to kill you? Amazing the cops weren't injured taking fire from such a close distance.
    "Shotgun bullets are bad for your health"
    -Ice Cube

Officer is a very slow Reloader of his weapon, see how he struggled to reload his weapon? Glad they are OK.
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Senior Moderator
    Gentlemen....

I have deleted some posts and cleaned some others up. Lets not make crass comments about the fat officer and keep it on topic. Any other references to such will be deleted.

We are better than that, so lets discuss the event that happened.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

When people start shooting at you from close range it may change some on this forum's opinions.

Glad the officers are OK, bad day for the bad guy.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

so, did the officer in the left fired any shots or did the officer in the right got all the shots in? I don't get the command to put the weapon down after the shots are fired. why not keep firing till the threat is down?

the tac reload might be slow... the LEOs still got the job done of putting the BG done. with the adrenaline dump, his fine motor reflexes are certainly going to be affected. I am not a LEO but he took appropriately took cover and reloaded. bravo zulu on both LEOs. yut...
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

actually he shot the front officer.
    the officer took one in the vest.
    and this was Kansas City Missouri not Kansas City Kansas.
    XD9sc
    Ruger LCP 380
    NAA 22 mini mag w/holster grip
    S&W 38 model 10
    NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by jjkjr View Post
    actually he shot the front officer.
    the officer took one in the vest.
    and this was Kansas City Missouri not Kansas City Kansas.
    Yes. Kansas City, Missouri, not Kansas. Kansas City, Kansas PD has enough of their own BG shootings.
    God bless our troops!

After watching it a few times. Looks like the heavy set officer put the man to the ground...it seems after the muzzle flashes from the heavy set officer's pistol, offender seems to drop/fall out of sight through the window of the car. Then the Officer on the right flanks, finishes him off. Effectively stopping the threat.

Good job on the LEO's. whew.....

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    bad guys usually never know how to hit anything but the crack pipe. Darn sure not what their pistol is pointing at.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links