How would you react?

How would you react?

This is a discussion on How would you react? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In an effort to put us on the same level...Look at this with the following interprutation: -You must feel as if your life or others ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you react?

How would you react?

In an effort to put us on the same level...Look at this with the following interprutation:
    -You must feel as if your life or others is in danger
    -You must attempt to avoid the danger

You are at your local pizzeria for dinner. Two armed males enter and force all the employees and patrons down. They proceed to rob the store and take cash, cell phones, jewelry etc. from the patrons.

BGs have guns but do not fire any shots. After taking cash and valuable BGs run.

Would you cooperate w/the BGs or act against them if/when the opportunity presented itself?
    Gun control is not about the guns...It's about the control.

Current primary carry: M&P9C - Soon to be Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II

NRA Lifer

Distinguished Member Array Der Alte's Avatar
    Since I'm no longer in Law Enforcement and if I didn't feel my life or my familys life was in danger, I would comply. They start shooting and I start shooting.
    Its a shame that youth is wasted on the young.

When anyone starts trying to force me to do anything at gun point I am in danger.
    How would I know they going to run after taking cash and valuables?
    Not knowing the outcome before the outcome I would determine the outcome myself when the opportunity presented itself.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

You realize that they will find your pistol while you are helplessly laying on the floor...what then?
    When patrons are being forced to the floor, I hope the BG(s) is/are distracted for but a moment...

Actually, BG(s) upon entering with a gun showing is enough of a threat...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

well, it was the part about "taking watches, jewelry, etc" off patrons that caught me too. At that point, it puts into a new light to me because I have a gun on me and do not want it in their hands. Second, I've known of too many cases where people who then marched into the back and / or freezer and shot in the head.

If they rob the place and leave everyone else alone, I might not react... past that however, it to me becomes more dicey.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katoom View Post
    You are at your local pizzeria for dinner. Two armed males enter and force all the employees and patrons down.
    They are a threat, my life is in danger. There is no way of knowing if they are just going to rob the place and leave, or rob it and leave no witnesses.

At the first opportunity I will do what is necessary to eliminate the threat to my safety.

It's ON as soon as they storm in at gun point.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Alte View Post
    Since I'm no longer in Law Enforcement and if I didn't feel my life or my familys life was in danger, I would comply. They start shooting and I start shooting.
    What if they decide to "start shooting" with the gun pointed at your own head?

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    They are a threat, my life is in danger. There is no way of knowing if they are just going to rob the place and leave, or rob it and leave no witnesses.

At the first opportunity I will do what is necessary to eliminate the threat to my safety.
    +1 on this

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    i dont want to be the first one getting shot in this experiment...if they rifle the register and walk away i'm counting my blessings and hopefully nobody got hurt...if there is a settling in and patrons are on the list of robberies i dont want them anywhere near me...there are a lot of variables to consider including clear shooting lanes and whats going to happen if it turns into a gunfight...the chances against several armed assailants are poor unless youve got clear shots and the entire restaurant isnt going to be lit up...if i am being approached and i think my gun is going to be exposed then i want it to be a surprise that begins with me squeezing the bang switch on a carefully executed man stopping shot....

my biggest concern is the other patrons and where its going...lots of things to think about in a short amount of time...until youre in it you wont know which direction youre going to take it in...a cowboy might get everyone in the restaurant killed...someone who uses care and surprise wisely may be able to lower the risk of innocent casualty....

a pizza parlor is genaerllay a small space and that can give you opportunity for multiple takedowns...at the same time it means few places for people to hide in the event it turns into the 4th of july...there are a lot of responsibilties to consider...

MJK
    They invited me to dance so I will oblige with instant, overwhelming force at the first practicable moment. There is no guarantee the outcome will be in my favor, but that would be true even if I chose to not to respond.

Protect my family. In and out, stay down and cover my family. If they decide to sit around harrassing people, I would most likely end them. edit: missed the part about robbing patrons. I would draw when they were occupied, and shoot them when the opportunity presented itself, if I couldn't get away without facing them.
    Healthy children will not fear life, if their parents have integrity enough not to fear death.
    -TIME DEUM ET OPERARE IUSTITIAM--

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Wing View Post
    It's ON as soon as they storm in at gun point.
    +1

Double Tap each of them....
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Spec View Post
    +1

Double Tap each of them....
    No, no...'boarding house rules'...
    No one gets a 'second helping' until everyone has had their 'first'.
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; December 20th, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katoom View Post

BGs have guns but do not fire any shots. After taking cash and valuable BGs run.
    If I knew that this was what was going to happen, naturally I would comply! However...

If at any time I believe I am in imminent danger of severe bodily harm or death, I am not going to lay down and be shot!

Hint: When the BGs come in with guns drawn... your life is in danger!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links