Crack head knocked on my door tonight

This is a discussion on Crack head knocked on my door tonight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I admire your compassion for fellow human beings and the fact that you helped once or twice... they didn't do anything apparently to help themselves ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crack head knocked on my door tonight

I admire your compassion for fellow human beings and the fact that you helped once or twice... they didn't do anything apparently to help themselves any more and they have worn out their welcome. Hopefully, you won't have anymore problems with them...

Let the police know they're a nuisance; get the game camera for proof of their actions and others that come onto your property as well... and keep your wife's smokes off the porch. :)

2. Remove Ads

Don't confuse helping with 'enabling'. Next time take a 'flash' picture and tell him that your calling the cops (he'll be paranoid about the pic) if he or his mom come back. Tell him you'll have the cops search his house., but who cares.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Never give them one red cent. offer them food or a job and they will leave, if not they will be more than grateful. Money buys thier dope or booze. Whats the old saying, " Give a man a fish and he will eat today, Teach a man to fish and he will eat forever"

Our economy sucks, as productive members of society we all want to help others less fortunate, but the panhandlers all know this. Why fuel the fire, why feed thier habits.
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Davensquirt View Post
    Never give them one red cent. offer them food or a job and they will leave, if not they will be more than grateful. Money buys thier dope or booze. Whats the old saying, " Give a man a fish and he will eat today, Teach a man to fish and he will eat forever"

Our economy sucks, as productive members of society we all want to help others less fortunate, but the panhandlers all know this. Why fuel the fire, why feed thier habits.
    I thought it was 'teach a man to fish', and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Interesting story. I'm sure there are those among us who can learn from it.

I'm sorry, but I would ask him where in the heck did he see a steeple on the top of my house.

Now get the heck outa here before I call the sheriff, I know he's got room and board for ya....

Sounds cold I know, but it's situations like that where you end up hearing, or reading about; where the good guy ends up hurt or dead at the hand of the bloke he was trying to assist. JMO

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I would guess that they are regularly stopping at all the churches in the area also.

Call the Law and have them checked out.

If their habit is not satisfied they could and probably will become bolder and more violent.

Hope your wife is prepared to defend herself if they show up and for some reason she has to face them down.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I thought it was 'teach a man to fish', and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day?
    I knew it was something like that. I should have known that, I live in Wisconsin
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Yup, that's the way I remember it too.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    well...now they know theres guns in the house to steal too...or are you always home?...they stole from you once and you walked away leaving the door open on the next visit...they followed you to a new neighborhood...this time you open the door with your hand on your gun and they still manage to steal the cigarettes off the porch...by the way...i could use an extra $20...can i just send a self addressed/stamped envelope so you feel safer...

a game camera is going to come up missing and might have some street value...putting money in mooching peoples pockets is a well known method for feeling good about yourself because you want to feed them but are only feeding their habit...there are plenty of organizations that help people....if you want to help them read them a passage from the bible and point them in the direction of one of those places...dont feed their habit...

youve got the religion part licked...you seem like a very nice and caring person...what you need to work on is a bit more common sense approach to helping people...not with what they want...with what they need....

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    My brother in law has similar problem. Big hearted guy - has heard the fake sob stories and believed them - gave a few dollars to a couple people.

They keep coming back - he KNOWS they are lying now. Has had his house broken into - knows it was one of "them" - Said they would pay him back next day - never happens....

I would NEVER give a handout from my own home or home area. I mostly don't out in town - I have when away from home but only when I felt it really might be legitimate need - very very rare.
    For God, Family and Country!

I would leave 1 more pack outside with these inside. Discounted Cigarette Loads $1.5 .I have used them years ago. It scares the life out of the person. They should get the hint not to come back.

I never give a $$ handout. I have walked a hungry person into a deli and bought them food or I have handed people a roll,sandwich ,something If I beleive that they are truely hungry. I will toss some coins if the person is playing an instrument on the corner. Turn over a 5 gallon pail and start playing the drums. At least they are doing something.

One tactic commonly used is to knock on the door. If no aswer kick door in and rob the place. If some one knocks, be ready. Secure valuebles inside and out. To keep wife from leaving cigarettes on porch tell her you are concerned that a child might get them and start smoking. That "could" be what happened.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I would leave 1 more pack outside with these inside. Discounted Cigarette Loads $1.5 .I have used them years ago. It scares the life out of the person. They should get the hint not to come back..
    I was thinking kinda along that idea also(maybe dip a couple in some pcp that might be fun)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davies View Post
    For those with the gift of mercy, serving or giving, it is often hard to distinguish the difference between genuinely helping someone and its opposite which is enabling irresponsible/harmful behavior. While your motives were good, the actual acts of giving, in this case have actually allowed them to continue sinful habits.

For those of us from a Christian perspective, we see that God has put logical and natural consequences in the world to teach us lessons. A pistol muzzle in the face is the logical outcome that a BG should experience when trying to rob somebody. In this instance, your giving them anything at all that they can sell, steal, etc, is only allowing them to continue their unwise patterns of life..........
    As as fellow christian, I say amen to that!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links