Crack head knocked on my door tonight

This is a discussion on Crack head knocked on my door tonight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by archer51 Do they still make the exploding cigarette loads? A few cigarettes loaded up with them should discourage them from coming back! ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crack head knocked on my door tonight

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Do they still make the exploding cigarette loads? A few cigarettes loaded up with them should discourage them from coming back!

Now that's an Idea!
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

It seems like you should put the dog in the front yard. We have a bunch of these people where I live and they do not want to work and its the same people year after year. There are those who have fallen on hard times but are willing to work and then there those who cheat the system and will rob you blind. I think you sent the scumbag and his mother the right message the last time you answered the door.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Install a trapdoor to your dungeon.
    Funny^^^^

[QUOTE=HITCH KING;1417399]I would leave 1 more pack outside with these inside. Discounted Cigarette Loads $1.5 .I have used them years ago. It scares the life out of the person. They should get the hint not to come back.

Just what I was thinking , xploding smokes , ha ha ha ^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    My brother in law has similar problem. Big hearted guy - has heard the fake sob stories and believed them - gave a few dollars to a couple people.

They keep coming back - he KNOWS they are lying now. Has had his house broken into - knows it was one of "them" - Said they would pay him back next day - never happens....

I would NEVER give a handout from my own home or home area. I mostly don't out in town - I have when away from home but only when I felt it really might be legitimate need - very very rare.
    YEP^^^^^^^^

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The police are never going to do anything about a pack of stolen smokes or two, and all they can do if they catch them there is tell them the same thing as you did, which is "don't come back." You're a nice guy, like many who has been taken for being of kind nature. Myself, being one of those people. We don't want to stop "being nice" to anyone, nor do we want to pass up an opportunity to help someone in real need. But this druggie-duo has obviously made a "bidness" out of decieving and stealing from good people and you have become a target now. In short, don't stop being a nice guy, as someone may one day really need it. On the other hand, next time don't answer the door at all.........let your dog answer the porch.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I thought it was 'teach a man to fish', and he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day?
    I like your version!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by AWDeanSr View Post
    Had a guy come to my door tonight. He used the tactic of I need money for (insert dramatic reason here) as an excuse to walk onto my property. I have no trespassing and beware of dog (85 lb Doberman) signs which are clearly visible from the street. Yet, this guy comes around about every two months or so with a new sob story looking for a handout. I take the blame for enabling this guy's behavior. I was foolish on several occasions and gave him money just to get him to leave.

Not long after giving him some money the first time, his mom started coming around using the same M.O.. Being a Christian...I felt it was my obligation to help anyone in need. So I would give them a bible tract and a few bucks. His mom came to the door one day saying how she needed gas money to go get her daughter who was at some hospital. My wife and I gave her $20...after she left, my wife went outside to smoke. The woman had stolen her cigarettes and lighter that were on a small table on the front porch. My wife was infuriated to say the least. We chose to forgive her for that, she seemed so desperate.

Several months later during a cold snap, they came knocking on the door again needing money for kerosene. I did not have any money at the time to give them, but I had some containers of kerosene that I had picked up at Walmart. I told them to wait on the porch while I retrieved the kerosene. I came back to the front door and they were gone. Needless to say, the light bulb came on for us and we were no longer so welcoming.

To make a long story short, we moved to a new address. Not long after the move, guess who showed up looking for money? I told them to leave and stop coming to my house. I noticed when they left this time that they did stop at one other house on my street asking for money. After they left there, I walked over and talked to my neighbor who was just visited by these scumbags. My neighbor knows them, he told me about their drug habit and how they would habitually target people that would give them some money.

So, tonight at about 9:30, while my family and I were watching the Panther's game, I hear a knock. My dog starts barking, I grab my Taurus Pt145 which is in a Fobus paddle holster and I look through the peep hole and this guy is on my porch. I happen to notice a white car parked a couple houses down. I think his mother was driving it. I was not going to open the door, but I remembered how they would steal anything not tied down.

When I opened the door, his eyes intermediately went to my strong side where my hand was resting on my .45's grip. I instinctively looked at his hands to see if he was brandishing a weapon. Before I could say anything, he started to run down my porch stairs. I raised my voice and told him to leave and to not come back. Minutes later, my wife goes out on the porch to smoke, guess what? Her new pack of cigarettes were mysteriously gone.

I am so angry and just wanted to vent a little. I welcome any critique or advice on this event...

maybe this is a sign for her to quit smoking.
    as for the dopers,you'll hear from them again.
    now when you go to the door watch for a crazed gunman blazed-out on crack,
    waving a revolver in your face.
    SEND HIM TO HELL. i mean,defend yourself.

Religion is the opium of the people so dont use it as an excuse let people buy opium.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Stop being so nice and i think the snap cigs are a good way to teach a lesson... but they also could make things worse JMO
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

I looked at the website for the cigarette loads, they also sell a spray called "Liquid Ass." Don't know how effective it might be on a crackhead , but if the offending party could somehow be discreetly loaded up with that stuff on a shirt, hankie, etc., it could provide some deterrent effect. At least your dog could give you about a city block's worth of warning.
    / / / / pkv / / / /
    "There are three kinds of people in the world: those who learn from the mistakes of others, those who learn from their own mistakes, and those who feel compelled to urinate on the electric fence." -- Unknown

Answer the door and act like a lunatic by saying random things that make no sense and have nothing to do with one another. People do not mess with people that they believe are crazy (this is how I deal with telemarketers and it is effective. They don't call back). For example, let him say whatever and just stand there 10 seconds and stare at him without moving. Then say things like:

"It sure is dark in here" (tilt head)
    "I hear butter" (look around)
    scream, "The sea monkey has my money!!!"
    "I like spaghetti...it's squishy"
    start making random farm animal noises (rooster, cow, pig, etc.)
    start singing "Jimmy Crack Corn" as lound and off key as possible

If none of that works, spray him with the poop spray....or cover yourself with crisco and cling wrap and then answer the door. Many alternatives available....get creative with it.

"Liquid Ass."

cover yourself with crisco and cling wrap and then answer the door.

Great ideas...wonder if the "liquid ass" comes in a SD spray?
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Quote Originally Posted by AWDeanSr View Post

Great ideas...wonder if the "liquid ass" comes in a SD spray?
    I'm sure my wife would swear that I already have that...and it is well concealed. It's really more effective for sneak attacks (such as dutch ovens and covered wagons) than self defense. As a matter of fact, it could be considered offensive.

I just never thought I'd hear of a product called "Liquid A$$" as being a solution to someone's problems. Can't wait until the "ShamWow" guy starts advertising it.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Answer the door and act like a lunatic by saying random things that make no sense and have nothing to do with one another. People do not mess with people that they believe are crazy (this is how I deal with telemarketers and it is effective. They don't call back). For example, let him say whatever and just stand there 10 seconds and stare at him without moving. Then say things like:

"It sure is dark in here" (tilt head)
    "I hear butter" (look around)
    scream, "The sea monkey has my money!!!"
    "I like spaghetti...it's squishy"
    start making random farm animal noises (rooster, cow, pig, etc.)
    start singing "Jimmy Crack Corn" as lound and off key as possible

If none of that works, spray him with the poop spray....or cover yourself with crisco and cling wrap and then answer the door. Many alternatives available....get creative with it.
    You must be a hoot at parties!

I'm easily entertained...yeah, that's what we're calling it now...as you can see, it doesn't take much. My wife doesn't share my sense of humor...she thinks it's ridiculous that I'm glad to get the now rare telemarketer calls. Hey, they called me, and the object of my little game is to get them to hang up on me. Like I tell her, with me, what you see is what you get...and sometimes, it ain't pretty.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links