Crack head knocked on my door tonight

This is a discussion on Crack head knocked on my door tonight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I would worry that cigarette loads would either up the ante or backfire when she forgot they were in there....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Crack head knocked on my door tonight

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I would worry that cigarette loads would either up the ante or backfire when she forgot they were in there.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Living in a litigious society, they could put an eye out and you end up in a civil case where your fate would rest with 12 sympathetic people who were not smart enough to get out of jury duty.

Either try the psycho bit or pretend you find him attractive and start hitting on him while wearing some of your wife's articles of clothing. One of the two will definitely scare him. Wait, the second one might backfire too...he did watch you enough to know where you moved so he could find you attractive and be a stalker. Stick with the lunatic bit or the poop spray.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    It is wise to "launder" all charity through a church or other similar organization. Charity is an excellent and necessary thing, but one must mind the personal risks. Especially if dealing with money.

Are you a renter? If so, move again. At least 5 miles. Unlist your phone number. Get a PO box. Use it for EVERYTHING.

If they keep causing trouble, get their names, car license plate #'s and file for a restraining order. Then you can call LEO right away if they turn up. Lock your gate.

best of luck...
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by AWDeanSr View Post
    I am guilty of being to nice to people, I try to be as kind and respectable as possible to anyone I meet. But, as the old the saying goes; "if you give them a inch they will take a mile."
    Sometimes you give people an inch and they Take Your Life!

No reason to feel guilty for being nice, but don't equate "being nice" with being generous.

As far as being generous goes... I learned long ago, not to be "generous" to individual strangers. If I want to be generous, I donate to a "group or organization."
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Don't ever give money to drug addicts period. no matter how needy they "seem" to be.

I used to live in a really bad part of Las Vegas. Lot's of addicts, junkies etc all over the street. The only thing I ever did on occasion, When I left a restaurant I would walk home with a doggy bag and I would give it to a homeless guy on the street. I did that a few times but never gave anyone money, not even change from my pocket. Once they know your a sucker your screwed.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adkjoe View Post
    Don't ever give money to drug addicts period. no matter how needy they "seem" to be......Once they know your a sucker your screwed.
    Back in the early fifties people rode the trains and jumped off for a rest and meal. They used to come to our back door and my mom would make them sandwiches. My dad claimed they made marks that told them where to jump and what house would feed them. He would take me and show me marks on the outbuildings. He would wash them off, but eventually the visitors would start coming back. That is really the first inkling I had that people could be hungry. Also I learned how married folks worked things out. He would say don't give people sandwiches. She would say yes, dear. Then when the next visitor came, she would make sandwiches. What he didn't know never hurt him - or us.

Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    Back in the early fifties people rode the trains and jumped off for a rest and meal. They used to come to our back door and my mom would make them sandwiches. My dad claimed they made marks that told them where to jump and what house would feed them. He would take me and show me marks on the outbuildings. He would wash them off, but eventually the visitors would start coming back. That is really the first inkling I had that people could be hungry. Also I learned how married folks worked things out. He would say don't give people sandwiches. She would say yes, dear. Then when the next visitor came, she would make sandwiches. What he didn't know never hurt him - or us.
    It's one thing to give hungry people sandwiches, they will eat them and be on there way. It's another when you give a drug addict cash and think he's going to buy a bus ticket or a hamburger instead of drugs. I have no problems being nice and helping people out, that's why I will give left overs to homeless people on the street but I will never give them cash, ever. Haven't you ever seen a homeless person with a sign that say's "I need a beer, why lie?" I work hard for my money and what I have and I'll be damned if I'm going to support someone elses habits.

That's a kind thing your mother did and theirs absolutely nothing wrong with it, I wouldn't want them knowing where I lived but besides that, that's a very kind thing to do.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Distinguished Member Array tiwee's Avatar
    Adkjoe, I should have started my post with, I agree with your statement. Re-reading, I can see how my comment could be taken either way. I absolutely agree that directing those in need to our local care center is the only way. We would have been a lot safer if my mother had sent people to the church.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    When you want the raccoons to stop digging in your garbage, you secure the trash.
    Stop keeping cigarettes on your front porch, and stop being nice.
    Agreed. There is much truth in the old saying that nice guys finish last. Stop setting yourself up to have stuff stolen and to be taken advantage of.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by tiwee View Post
    Adkjoe, I should have started my post with, I agree with your statement. Re-reading, I can see how my comment could be taken either way. I absolutely agree that directing those in need to our local care center is the only way. We would have been a lot safer if my mother had sent people to the church.
    it sounds like you came from a wonderful family, I wish more people in the world were like your mother.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links