Fox pepper spray

This is a discussion on Fox pepper spray within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a few questions about fox pepper spray preferences. 1. Where to buy? 2. what size? (11 gram keychain, 2 oz, 3oz, 4oz belt) ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox pepper spray

Fox pepper spray

I have a few questions about fox pepper spray preferences.

1. Where to buy?
    2. what size? (11 gram keychain, 2 oz, 3oz, 4oz belt)
    3. What type of cap? (cop top, flip top, etc)
    4. Holster type? for a non-keychain style
    5. dispersal pattern? (i'm thinking stream but I'm open to other ideas)

I'm thinking of 1 unit each for my wife and myself. Should I think about additional units for car, home, bike use?

2. Remove Ads

1. I bought mine directly from FoxLabs.net
    2. I have the 2 oz. canister in a nylon holster. Next time I order, I'm going to get a couple of keychain units as well. The 2 oz. is just a little more bulky than the Glock mag that I carry.
    3. I have the Cop Top on mine. There is nothing to get in the way of pressing the button. I've been carrying a 2 oz. unit for a year and a half and haven't accidentally discharged any of it. You just have to be aware.
    4. I got the cheap nylon holster from them. $6. It works, but doesn't come off the belt easily. I keep it open so I can pull the canister out of the holster.
    5. I have the stream pattern. It gets your adversary saturated the fastest (works if they have a mask on), sprays the farthest, and is effected by the wind least. You just have to aim it correctly.

Next time I make an order, I'm going to order additional units. Hope this helps.
    Proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy:
    http://www.xanga.com/jaltered

Administrator
    J&L is a good place to buy Fox Labs. Their product is fresh.
    I'll add a link. Phone your order in. You may safely leave your Credit Card # on file with them.

Click On The Picture To Spray Yourself In The Face...or to go to J&L Defense Products. Their Home page is SLOW coming up today but, the page will load.

I do not think the Flip Top is a problem to operate at all. It's easy to index.
    The Flip Top would probably be best for inside the purse carry.

The little Key Chain units work just fine but have a shorter expiration date due to containing less propellant.

Buy the largest unit that you're willing to carry.

I would buy the STREAM.

J&L has a new OC Spray 11 years in development ~ I have not tried that yet.

Do not test your Fox Labs spray when you get it. All Fox Labs units are Over Filled & then individually tested before they are shipped out. testing only wastes contents.

Assistant Administrator
    QK has that nailed!

From his info posted last time this came up, I bought two 4 oz and a pouch - with the flip top. Delivery was swift. I keep one available and wife has other.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

hmm i might have to grab some of these for the car, fiancee'(sp?)
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

FWIW,

I got sprayed last week full in the face with OC(too close to a drunk college student getting arrested). All that stuff does to me is piss me off. Use pepper spray as a distraction to put some distance between you and the threat. Don't depend on it to stop an attacker...

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    What is your intended use for the spray? I carry the OC foam that I am issued, but I am very hesitant about using it.

There is a VERY GOOD chance that you'll get contaminated when you use it, and that is not a good thing. Once a fight is on is the WRONG time to use it. I've seen too many officers try to use to keep from going hands on only to end up contaminating everyone.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

why do you need this. they issued me some in 1990 and i never used it. it was one more thing to carry on the raid belt. one member used it on a raid and all of us got it, bad guy and all.

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako
    why do you need this. they issued me some in 1990 and i never used it. it was one more thing to carry on the raid belt. one member used it on a raid and all of us got it, bad guy and all.
    EXACTLY!!
    Shooters' Legacy

Administrator

Just My 2 Bits.

There have been a lot of positive changes in OC Spray since 1990.

I would not buy or use OC in foam form either.

I've tested the STREAM pattern out to 17' ~ It does not blow back on the user.

The modern OC Sprays also have a UV Dye Identifier.

There are practical self~defense uses for non~lethal blinding & usually incapacitating (effective out to 15'~17') stream as an addition to the personal defense repertoire.

If I was being harassed by a group of beer balls teens & decided to remove myself the area & a few of them elected to follow me.
    I For Sure would want the first option of hitting them with OC rather than entering into a fist fight with multiple PITA "mixed up kid" persons...or killing them with head shots.

If an intoxed derelict grabbed my pant leg wanting money and would not let go ~ (which actually did happen to me) when I was younger - I was waiting in line at the movies in town & was with my wife & my niece.
    These days I would probably OC him rather than boot his head into the brick wall like I did back then & I sure as hell would not shoot him in the brain case.

I LIKE having a Less Than Lethal option with me even though I am a decently accomplished shooter.

I honestly have settled down & I do not like to fight anymore nor would I want to kill anything & everything that attempted to bother me.

I can think of numerous situations where I would want to have it with me.
    And...in fact the Fox Labs 4 OZ Stream is part of my daily Carry Bag Of Tricks.
    I also carry it every time I walk the dog and I have ever since my Cocker was attacked by another larger dog that was roaming wild.
    It works extremely well on 4 legged animals.

Of course ~ just my opinion on this but, I think that it's worth having available as an additional option.

I'm sorry that others cannot think of any possible imagined uses for a non lethal product as a first option in some situations.

Honestly...if you were going back to your car & two 14 year old kids (out for a wild mischievous time & w/ a couple of beers each in them) were smashing your car with a piece of pipe.

You ask them to get away from your car & they start mouthing off to you.

You take out your Cell to call 911 & one starts defiantly walking toward you...
    Do you draw your weapon & give him two in the chest & one in the head & then gun down the other one?
    So what do you do? Do you get into a knock~down~drag~out fight with them?

I can tell you that your own life Will Never Be The Same after you do that & you'll be living in that smashed up car because your house will be going to pay lawyer fees.
    Even if you're cleared on criminal charges there WILL be a civil trial & things Will be a nightmare for you.

I personally LIKE the idea of having a less than lethal first option available. I may never use it but I like having it.

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    i was sprayed with pepper spray and i swear i thought it was air freshener no kidding not trying to be macho or nothing was sprayed while subduing an angree tweeker i.e. meth head in my apartment parking lot his wife whom he had been beating the crap out of sprayed me thats twice i saved a lady using the term loosly from a beeting and had them turn on me when leos arived he backed up and said i was making his eyes watter lol i guese after singing the marine hym in a cs chamber pepper spray just dosnt cut it

I was sprayed with it in training, and I have been exposed to it in the field several times. I HATE that stuff.
    Shooters' Legacy

Administrator
    Well, every cop in the country carries Fox Labs and they do use it a heck of a lot more than they ever shoot people.

OC spray development has come a long way in the past 5 years.

I'm not saying that OC is an ideal answer to any possible scenario but, that it's a possible aternative to deadly force as a first option in some situations.

It seems to work the majority of the time for them.

I honestly could think of a hundred possible scenarios.

Example:

You're a young guy...just got your CCW and spankin' new GLOCK & are going out for the first time with your new girlfriend.

You go to pick her up at her house...go inside & before you two get ready to leave the house & she gets into an argument with her abusive, alcoholic Father.

He is yelling & pushes her down.

He also happens to be standing between you two & the exit/door.

He stumbles over to grab his Daughter again.

You are armed...do you kill her Father?

What if you tell him to leave your girlfriend alone & he tells you to go flux yourself?

Do you blow her Daddy away COM on the first date or...just grab a fireplace poker & smash his skull in?
    I would think that something Less Than Lethal be a great first option to have on your person in that situation?

Senior Member Array ssssthesnake's Avatar
    think your right qk just wanted to let folks know it dosnt always work but that was a while ago i had it sprayed on me i bought some for my mom and both exwives it is a good deterant in a situation where you dont or cant use a gun no doubt
    sorry didnt mean any disrespect

Administrator
    That's OK snake.
    That's why we're all here.
    I just put my own personal thoughts "out there" & folks can either take em or leave em...the same as I do with others.

I continue to learn a LOT here.
    Actually, a surprising amount & I sure don't know it all...far, far, from it.

I have confidence in my own personal defense system that hopefully will work for me & my loved ones.
    A combination of awareness, avoidance, common sense, the best, reliable equipment & thoughtful practice.

If the Fickle Finger of Lady Fate does not poke me in the eye then I have faith that I'll make it through a possible confrontation with everything still functioning correctly.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links