2 What If Scenario's

2 What If Scenario's

This is a discussion on 2 What If Scenario's within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thread Closed...

2 What If Scenario's

Thread Closed
    Last edited by dsee11789; December 24th, 2009 at 11:39 PM.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Scenario A. I would stop turn and yell STOP, DO NOT COME ANY CLOSER....

Scenario B. I Would do the same thing as you. Pull and shoot. He ramped up the use of force.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

No one knows for sure what would happen, or how one would react. I really hope and pray this kind of thing never happens to me.

My thoughts about the first case is if he moves toward that firearm in his waist band I would draw and fire.

If he moved away or makes no treating moves, I would go for distance and call 911, because there most likely will be others coming his way for him to pick on.

My thoughts are in the second case I would draw and fire until the threat was over.

As for as telling the law about the bad guy's problem with his weapon, his real problem is the fact that he pulled the firearm on me or my love one etc.

If he is stupid enough to not have his firearm ready to fire when he pulls it on his victim then he needs to find a new line of work with less risk.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

In either scenario I would buy a lottery ticket because the odds are pretty damn close to one in a million

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    In either scenario I would buy a lottery ticket because the odds are pretty damn close to one in a million
    But, someone has one every jack pot ever offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticman View Post
    But, someone has one every jack pot ever offered.
    Actually they don't, sometimes for several draws. That's why some of the pots are soooooo big.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    #1 Draw and cover
    #2 Draw and shoot, sorry about his luck.

Both- call 911

VIP Member
    Allot would depend on the vibe I was getting from guy A. Action beats reaction so when I saw the gun I'd start my draw. The rest would depend on his reaction to my draw.

Perp B gets popped until stopped.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

In scenario A, I would continue facing him as I kept walking away, while at the same time shouting "Keep Away, Keep Away." I would look for a vehicle or something to provide some type of cover while doing all of this, and if I had the wife and kids with me, they would be ducked under the nearest cover I could find. If the man made any move towards his gun, I would draw and shout commands to drop his weapon, need help - - - try to get as much attention drawn my way as possible. And obviously, having the wife or anyone else nearby call 911 ASAP.

Scenario two, difficult to say 'exactly' what the right thing would be, but if I were confident he was not going to get a shot off, I would draw and fire until the threat was stopped. Call 911 afterwards and report that we were held at gunpoint by the bad guy.
    Boomer Sooner!

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin70 View Post
    In scenario A, I would continue facing him as I kept walking away, while at the same time shouting "Keep Away, Keep Away." I would look for a vehicle or something to provide some type of cover while doing all of this, and if I had the wife and kids with me, they would be ducked under the nearest cover I could find. If the man made any move towards his gun, I would draw and shout commands to drop his weapon, need help - - - try to get as much attention drawn my way as possible. And obviously, having the wife or anyone else nearby call 911 ASAP.

Scenario two, difficult to say 'exactly' what the right thing would be, but if I were confident he was not going to get a shot off, I would draw and fire until the threat was stopped. Call 911 afterwards and report that we were held at gunpoint by the bad guy.
    Just about what i'd do......
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Scenario A:
    Scenario A:

Personally... I would yell stop, do not come any closer! If near my car , I would hit the panic button on my key chain. The flashing lights and horn should draw attention from potential outside help. Next distance and cover behind a car engine is your friend in a situation like this...while maintaining visual contact with the potential BG. I would also be looking around to see if their are any accomplices. I would not reach for my weapon unless I could conceal my draw or the BG went for his.

Scenario B:
    I would move draw and fire...movement should cause the BG to have to react giving you a momentary chance to unholster.

Both scenarios dial 911!
    1 Corinthians 15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Links