Proud of my K9

This is a discussion on Proud of my K9 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know how it is to put down a family member, my Pit/Lab Mix was with me my last 10 years of my military career ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proud of my K9

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I know how it is to put down a family member, my Pit/Lab Mix was with me my last 10 years of my military career and 5 years of my new job Animal Control when it was her time. I held her just as she was loyal to me, I was to her. That opened the door to my Golden Retriever "Jake" who I picked up on the street or should I say he picked me up. He was just walking along (1 Year old) and I stopped, opened my door and asked what he was doing, he lept up and over me to the passengers seat and sat there and he rode with me the rest of the morning, so I adopted him LOL, that was 4 years ago.

I can't argue with any type of dog other then Chihuahuas, I've been doing animal control for 9+ years and the only dog to bite me was a dang overweight Chihuahua and I didn't hear the end of it for 6 months LOL. I have absolutely no use for those dogs, I will save them and will not watch them be abused at all mind you, they fall under my protection also, but I sure won't own one!
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

2. Remove Ads

Back in 2002 we had to put our Shepard mix, Sasha, down. She got bone cancer in her right front leg. We had it removed and she got along pretty well for about 6-7 months. but then the hopping around started to wear on her spine causing severe pain. As hard as it is to put your dog down, I for one will never subject my pet to that again. Enjoy your dog while you can and when it's time do the right thing.

We didn't want another dog right away but just a few months later we rescued a Blue Heeler, Maizey. She is an awesome watchdog! She has a lot of energy and is quite headstrong but is great with people and other dogs. If you want a smaller dog a Blue Heeler female is a good choice. They just think they are big! My other choice is a Greyhound of all things. No slobber. They don't shed enough to to notice. We have 2. A quiet gentle female and the big boy. He is a good watchdog and when he barks it is scary sounding. Sort of a bark/ growl. Pretty much all they do is sleep. A walk or 2 every day is good and either a yard to run in or a trip to the dog park once a week works for us.
    Question Everything!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links