heres a scenario for ya - Page 2

heres a scenario for ya

This is a discussion on heres a scenario for ya within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wouldn't you have felt bad after finding out the guy(s) you shot full of holes were just smashed, not planning on doing any harm? well ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: heres a scenario for ya

Wouldn't you have felt bad after finding out the guy(s) you shot full of holes were just smashed, not planning on doing any harm?
    well that was one of the reasons why I did not bring the shotgun out with me in the first place. there is a reason why it is sitting there you know. and my brother wasn't the one that pulled the prank it was my cousin. if I would have shot it would have been at the tires to try to imobilize it. turns out it was not needed. he immobilized it pretty much by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "and the guy was drunk. same as his passenger."

All the more reason not to go out with guns blazing, as some on this forum would suggest. Just shows how the mind can create a worse situation than really exists. Just another idiot with too much booze. Wouldn't you have felt bad after finding out the guy(s) you shot full of holes were just smashed, not planning on doing any harm?

Let the LEOs and courts do their job. Slap the crap out of your brother, and keep your cell phone handy, dummy!
    Are you kidding, feeling bad about defending yourself and your home. Especially from what he described, I DONT THINK SO.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Good job taking a cicuitous route home when you thought you were being followed. Just don't go home, call 911 and keep driving in populated areas.

Have your cellphone with you.

You against truck outside, not good. Lock and load, stay inside and keep an eye on him. Any hostile acts, you open up.
    ‎An enemy of liberty is no friend of mine. I do not owe respect to anyone who would enslave me by government force, nor is it wise for such a person to expect it. -- Isaiah Amberay

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Wouldn't you have felt bad after finding out the guy(s) you shot full of holes were just smashed, not planning on doing any harm?
    The only reason I'd feel bad is because, in this situation, I'd probably go to jail. I don't know why anyone would feel bad about "putting away" a drunk driver who's recklessly driving around your property, smashing into your house, putting whomever is inside in danger. Getting drunk and then driving is intent to put everyone else on the road in danger. And apparently that includes putting people in houses a quarter mile away from the road in danger, too.

Also +1 to the posters saying don't go to your house when you're being followed. As I've told my wife and done myself, if you feel that you're being followed, make a full circle in the subdivision (or neighboring subdivision), call 9-11, and drive to the police station.

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnK87 View Post
    Good job taking a cicuitous route home when you thought you were being followed. Just don't go home, call 911 and keep driving in populated areas.

Have your cellphone with you.

You against truck outside, not good. Lock and load, stay inside and keep an eye on him. Any hostile acts, you open up.
    staying inside a house is one thing...staying inside a mobile/trailer home in defense against a large vehicle may be another altogether...a vehicle can do serious damage to a mobile home in short order...outside you have the advantage of using the foundation of the home as a barrier to keep the vehicle away from you using your own mobility...inside youre waiting for the home to collapse around and/or on you...i was for grabbing the shotgun and abandoning ship...i wouldnt count on the shotgun being in the truck...you dont know how long the truck was there and whether they had already been in your truck or not...you woke up to the vehicle already i your yard at your window...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links