Brutal murder on video--what would you do differently?

This is a discussion on Brutal murder on video--what would you do differently? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As a father I have attempted to instill a kindness in my children, however that evil does exist, and not necessarily for money or drugs, ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brutal murder on video--what would you do differently?

As a father I have attempted to instill a kindness in my children, however that evil does exist, and not necessarily for money or drugs, but just for fun, as seen in this video.

I could armchair quarterback this video all morning long. SA was the key here, as has been mentioned many times. I want to know who and how many people are around me. Who looks suspicious ? Who is physically superior? are they wearing anything that could conceal weapons ?

I'm the type that observes the parking lot at a filling station or BP type convenience store before I get out of the vehicle to approach the front door to make my purchases. How many people are inside ? What do they look like ? How many cars are getting gas ? What do they look ? etc.

Call me paranoid.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

2. Remove Ads

Uhhhhh... maybe install a remote sniper rifle in the video camera and have Carlos Hathcock do the monitoring?

cj
    Total attack took about 20 seconds, with no warning...outside of a nightclub. Your options are pretty limited short of always walking with your back to a wall and not letting anyone get near you. Shoot, every time I enter or leave a restaurant, there's someone coming or going nearby. You can't draw on everyone who asks for a light or the time, and by that time, they can be dangerously close.

It reminds me of the reason the shootings of police officers are so much more successful than police shooting the bad guys (hit percentage-wise if memory serves)...the BG can walk up completely innocently, then draw and fire when his opportunity is there...the police aren't allowed to do that.

Damn. I watched the brutal murder and then went to a sexy stripping chick! Making me sick?

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Take your head out of the sand and be aware.
    I'm constantly surveilling my immediate area.
    If I noticed those guys walking in my direction, and saw them looking back at me and conversing, my red light would have been full tilt and blaring on my fight or flight mechanisms.

A simple acknowledgement is enough to deter an attacker many times. Don't appear to be a weak, head in the sand, victim, and many times you won't become one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links