Brutal murder on video--what would you do differently?

This is a discussion on Brutal murder on video--what would you do differently? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is another murder caught on video tape. The value of these for us is that it gives us a view into how real-world attacks ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brutal murder on video--what would you do differently?

Brutal murder on video--what would you do differently?

Here is another murder caught on video tape. The value of these for us is that it gives us a view into how real-world attacks happen--the precursors, how the attack was initiated, and what the victim could have done to maximize chance of escaping/winning.

Be forwarned, this one is brutal. But a good lesson for us. Assuming you are standing there and the three are walking toward you, what would you do differently? What do you do if armed with gun? With knife only? If you have no weapon?

Most Brutal Video of 2006 - NothingToxic.com
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

2. Remove Ads

That is painful to watch. It's hard to say what he could've done differently since it seems he was apparently outnumbered and unarmed. Also, they seem to be young guys, so I doubt suggesting carry a lethal weapon is a good idea, maybe some OC and not to turn your back on anyone. Interested to hear some ideas from the seasoned guys here.
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    If you are living your life worried about being a victim all the time and not enjoying life to the fullest, you are already a victim...
    -You don't know what you don't see-

1*

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStang View Post
    That is painful to watch.
    Well said. I normally don't watch them just because you know what happens. I hope those guys were caught and are getting raped every hour in prison.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Well, I tell my wife to be aware at all times (she calles me paranoid). I always stay a little distance away from most people. I TRY to be aware but nothing is is 100%. Bad thing to happen to anybody and you hope you see them first.
    Ruger P345, S&W 637
    SKS, Ruger 1022
    Two Fist

Poor Situational Awareness meets senseless brutality. The first guy hit should have rolled to his feet and gotten up running. A sucker punch is hard to counter. The second guy did all he could do, run for help. Overmatched, out numbered, unarmed and surprised..........escape.

Murder for jollies. Gee, those bans are really working in the U.K., aren't they? What a waste ... the death and the bans. Unarmed victim, yeah? He'd have to be, to remain upstanding, and yet it killed him. Ironic, that.

About all you can do with someone going to full contact, close-quarters, is to have the H2H skills to defend. With an attacker skilled with a knife, it can be hard to survive unless you know your way around unarmed combat.

A sucker punch is hard to counter, yes. You've got to assume that anyone's capable of doing it, and disallow anyone to get close enough to achieve it, whether they're attempting something or not. That means, walking a certain way, maintaining distance, ideally walking with others in a way to disallow direct and unannounced contact.

My options: awareness of the approaching threat; distance/time to allow some options; deploying my firearm as quickly as I'm able. Though, if the first couple amount to nothing, the other option isn't possible. Tough situation. Impossible, with the back turned like the victim had.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Administrator
    What would I have done different? Not get murdered for starters.
    "Just blame Sixto"

The first guy hit never seemed "aware" that someone was approaching him or paying any attention to them at all. Problem # 1. He shouldn't have been able to come up on him (his friend didn't pay attention or warn him either that someone was coming up on them). Once hit, don't lay there whining about it, get up and get even... or get out of the situation. His friend was no help at all either.

If someone was approaching a friend from a blind side I would be warning him, and I would step forward and not let them come in on him like that without being confronted and told to STOP--- and back off.

SHEEP !!!!

Senior Moderator
    I would have fought like I was demon possessed. Had both of them done that, it would have been 2 on 3, much better odds than 3 on 1.

They had nothing to lose and everything to gain and its possible that the thugs may have went to someone else that was easier.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

yeah, I agree with you guys that this is pure SA and not allowing yourself to be in such a vulnerable position. Once he gets cold-cocked, I think he is basically knocked out. If he isn't, either fight or flight is better. Once he was been cold-cocked he was probably so out of it that I don't think a knife or a gun would have helped him.
    A traffic ticket is formal recognition of a lapse in situational awareness.

Its hard telling if even better SA would have changed the outcome. Unless the 2 guys were armed or bad asses I don't know what they could have done besides maybe avoid the first sucker punch.And although not good for the ego the other guy running was a good thing.He was obviously unarmed and outnumbered and would have probably met the same fate as his buddy.

Now if the second guy has a firearm the outcome maybe could have been different. He could have dropped the 3 guys after the sucker punch and his buddy wouldn't have received the stabs. I don't know if OC spray or something like that could have worked. It would depend on how motivated the attackers were.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

I agree with SIXTO an armed person would of shot & killed all three of them without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by REDTAIL View Post
    I agree with SIXTO an armed person would of shot & killed all three of them without hesitation.
    Imagine being in a situation where three young males are rapidly approaching, with one or more appearing to having something in hand. Imagine what would have to occur in order to not be knifed, how quickly that would have to occur, and how darned easy it could be to get it wrong (ie, if they were simply playing rough nearby and their actions had nothing to do with you, but you took them down anyway). Tough situation to defend against, if done quickly and silently by the perps.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Though he did not follow through, it looks like the guy in the green shirt that got away, tried to deflect the blow to his buddy, when he saw it coming. That poor buddy of his did not even stand a chance. Some kind of hand to hand combat training might have helped here, but as said before, the guys were outnumbered. Hate to see it go down like that.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

I dont think there is much you can do. However, Id like to know a bit more about the situation... It looks to me like a pre-planned hit, probably gang-related.

As far as H2H skills, Im pretty sure that the two white thugs were untrained. At 00:10 and 00:12 you see them deliver very poor blows. The first one even loses his balance when he punches.

The black guy on the other hand seems much more dangerous: See at second 00:19 when he lunges at the guy in the green shirt. And then he seems to place the victim in some sort of wristlock and hold him there for the kill.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links