Two odd call outs in a row; something too think about. - Page 2

Two odd call outs in a row; something too think about.

This is a discussion on Two odd call outs in a row; something too think about. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; City Cops can have a good response time. Our time in the country is over 20 minutes. How much can go wrong in 20 minutes? ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two odd call outs in a row; something too think about.

Senior Moderator
    City Cops can have a good response time. Our time in the country is over 20 minutes. How much can go wrong in 20 minutes? I'd say that it seems like an eternity when bad things happen.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

A couple of minutes seems like an eternity when the crap is hitting the rotating blades. I hydroplaned in a car one time and did over a dozen 360s going down the highway. It probably didn't last 15 seconds, but it felt like hours until I came to rest off the road over a small embankment without a scratch on anything. Even brief intense situations leave you feeling exhausted when it's over.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    City Cops can have a good response time. Our time in the country is over 20 minutes. How much can go wrong in 20 minutes? I'd say that it seems like an eternity when bad things happen.
    Yes, we (and our residents) are lucky that way. Our little city has one cop per 500 residents and usually 3 or 4 patrolling 6sq miles at a time.
    We are also surrounded by nice townships that also have well staffed agencies. One of the "rougher" and more rural townships that borders us to the east, has horrible staffing and response times are in the 20-30 minute range. We end up picking up a lot of their calls.

I live in one of those bordering townships, however, my neighborhood is unique. I have four coworkers, as well as six other LEO's that I have worked closely with all on my block. Response time tends to be good in my neighborhood.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I have four coworkers, as well as six other LEO's that I have worked closely with all on my block. Response time tends to be good in my neighborhood.
    I'll bet there's a waiting list to buy a house on your block.
    NRA member
    GrassRoots GunRights SC member
    Walther PPS .40 / KelTec P3AT

Who knows what going on in this dude's head.
    My guess would be one or more Schedule II controlled substances
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    My wife doesn't understand why I carry around the house...she says "we live in a nice neighborhood." My response was, "think like a BG...if you were going to risk getting caught to break in a house, would you break into a house in a nice neighborhood where they would appear to have valuable stuff or a not so nice neighborhood where they may not have much?" It was like a light coming on. Sheeple either can't or don't understand the thought processes of BGs...which may be why they lack SA and find themselves in bad situations. Of course, bad situations can find anyone, anywhere, at anytime.
    Uh, oh here is that "good neighborhood" thing again. What you pointed out to her is exactly what I have tried to get through to some of my friends who move into a nice neighborhood, only to find that crime happens there as well. They actually seem to be shocked that somebody might think that they have valuables in their homes.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Yes, we (and our residents) are lucky that way. Our little city has one cop per 500 residents and usually 3 or 4 patrolling 6sq miles at a time.
    We are also surrounded by nice townships that also have well staffed agencies. One of the "rougher" and more rural townships that borders us to the east, has horrible staffing and response times are in the 20-30 minute range. We end up picking up a lot of their calls.

I live in one of those bordering townships, however, my neighborhood is unique. I have four coworkers, as well as six other LEO's that I have worked closely with all on my block. Response time tends to be good in my neighborhood.
    Robbing or causing mischief in your neighborhood would be suicide...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    This is one of the reasons I always carry, even in the house. Someone comes through one of my doors or windows uninvited, they are leaving in a body bag.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    It sure is a sign of the times FOR SURE Another good reason to carry at home!!
    I think hogdaddy summed it up nicely.

Biker

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I think hogdaddy summed it up nicely.

Biker
    Yep!

We had a rash of the same senerio here. They would either break in while someone was home or they had just left the home annd returned to interupt the BG's. In one instance they got to see the bussiness end of a 12 ga. no shots fired but i bet they soiled themselves.
    Kansas Concealed Carry Website

NRA/Ks. Firearms instructor
    Cheif Range Safety Officer

Someone that has no concerns about someone being home when they break in is a very dangerous human being that doesn't care if he lives or not.
    Or on Drug's & does'nt care who they have to hurt to get that next fix

It might not take long before he breaks into the wrong house and the owner is prepared to deal with him. Maybe the third strike and he will be out.
    If we are lucky that will be the ending before he/she escalates
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Glock 19 (3rd Gen)
    DiamondBack DB9
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    NRA Life Member

These entries seem pretty brazen and reckless. Is Ohio generally pro-gun or anti-gun? Just curious as to how many homeowners might be armed.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

As I sit here in my home office
    Two dogs in the hallway
    Sig 228 with two reloads on my person
    my "home" AR 15 (9.5in SBR) is leaning against the gun safe with a mag full of Hornady TAPs in the magwell.

It would be a "bad day to be a bad guy"
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    My guess would be one or more Schedule II controlled substances
    Yep.

Probably so desperate to keep those substance flowing through his head that he's breaking in to get things that are easy to sell on the street that's he's willing to take the risk of confronting people in their own home.

Or of course the substances flowing through his head have made him so stupid that he doesn't even consider the possibility of people being home.

Most likely a combination of both.

Hopefully the next house gives him the proper response:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links